Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Old 01-11-13, 10:07 PM   #1
Powerful
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 09:42 PM   #2
efifixer
Driver School Candidate

i have also the same problem.i make car upgared like old models to 2013 but i search in lot of ways but i can not found anything maybe no one can slove it
efifixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 10:52 PM   #3
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerful View Post

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
Congrats on your recent mod....that is friggin awesome and I am very eager to upgrade to HID spindle grill that is being offered by Sewell Lexus.

From what is discussed in the thread below, for a short term solution, pull the AFS fuse that is located in the glovebox. Another member was able to install HID and retain AFS but the install was tricky. Please follow up and let us know your progress as this forum needs more info on this upgrade. I was able to pick up a '10 LX570 and I am extremely happy.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx57...sue-fixed.html
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 01:53 AM   #4
LXdude
Driver School Candidate

Not to go off topic, but any chance you can post pics of the new headlights installed on the 2010 front end?
LXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 04:48 AM   #5
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver

does the AFS ever kick in? or its non working at all from the start ? if it does not kick in you might have to just adjust the projectors by hand to level them out not that hard actually and pull the fuse.

as another member already asked... can you put some some pics as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerful View Post

gs400, 2000 pearlwhite 20" forged wheels, 4pc rotora bbk, srt intake, greddy evo2 exhaust, tein cs 2, srt TC. (sold)
Rx330, 05 - Stock (sold)
RX330, 04 stock (sold)
Ls400, 95- sold
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:30 AM   #6
slowdiver
Lead Lap

This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

Old 03-11-13, 10:00 AM   #7
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdiver View Post
This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
This place was really busy when the LX first came out! Those were exciting days. This place is not a busy but still has helped a lot of people.
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 11:53 PM   #8
ossme
Driver School Candidate

If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
ossme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 11:56 AM   #9
caha14
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossme View Post
If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
http://techinfo.toyota.com/, $15 for a 2-day subscription.

This is where I go to get refreshed lists of TSIBs, instructions for DIY projects and general research (when I'm bored ).

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Alabaster-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 07:45 AM   #10
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Quote:

Yes Sir!!! That's what I'm taking about!!
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

Old 04-10-13, 02:43 AM   #11
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys, I haven't started working on this yet.
Old 08-12-13, 08:07 AM   #12
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.
Old 08-12-13, 09:57 AM   #13
Willha418
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to Willha418

Quote:
Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.

Thanks for the info!!

Can't wait to see pictures before and after. Let me ask you, any cutting/drilling modifications need to be done?
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 12:39 PM   #14
ossme
Driver School Candidate

No cutting or welding is required for installing the bumpers, lights, and mirrors. Everything simply bolts on.
Old 08-13-13, 07:54 AM   #15
Willha418
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to Willha418

cool!

Thinking of upgrading my 2011 to the looks of a 2013.

Would you mind sharing us the part numbers and price for the conversion??
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 07:54 AM

Tags
07, 2013, 460, 570, afs, blinking, flash, flashing, headlights, lexus, light, ls, luxes, solution, working