LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

CPO Lexus Experience and Pricing

Old 01-05-13, 03:20 PM
Kai107
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO Lexus Experience and Pricing

My husband I are thinking about a purchasing a CPO LX570. My only gripe with the vehicle is the miles per gallon and the way the 3rd row seats fold. We have 2 young children an infant and a 2 year old. I just wanted to see if anybody else has purchased a CPO vehicle and if you had any issues with the car. Also what do you think would be a good price for a 2010 that has about 35k miles and is fully loaded with DVD entertainment. Would love to hear people's experience with this car. Is it also worth buying from a private party and buying the platinum warranty or better to buy as CPO?
Old 01-11-13, 06:03 PM
tkbalt
Driver

I always buy used and buy CPO's. Expensive vehicles with lots of electronic gadgets - CPO's give me some peace of mind. I have generally always had some minor issue that the warranty has come in handy for. On my LS430 - it was parking sensors (3 had to be replaced). No issues thus far with the 570 - but I am still glad to have the CPO warranty.

Agree on the gas mileage on the 570's - it is painful to get 16-17 mpg. But there is no better ride in an SUV (in my opinion)
Old 01-14-13, 12:50 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

CPO is giving you better warranty coverage on the 2010 with 35k miles then you would get with a new LX. Your going to have 3 more years of bumper to bumper coverage on the CPO LX. About MPG? You have a infant and another that is only a couple of years old right! I would want them in the BIGEST and safest vehicle I could afford!! The LX is designed to last 25 years and if you go on to other LC/LX sites you will see that these vehicles are good for 300K+ miles of trouble free miles with recommended service. You will get tired of driving it before you can wear it out. I would buy one without a warranty.
Old 01-14-13, 07:35 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

First and foremost, I have to concur that if you have little kids, the LX really does provide a nice sense of safety and security. In addition to being big and spacious, it does feel very solid (and truck-like) while also providing a smooth ride.

On the CPO front, my views differ from others' (even though, in the past, some on CL have agreed with me). My thinking is as follows: a good used car is a good car with or without CPO. Similarly, a lousy used car will continue to be lousy even after CPO.

Yes, some used cars will end up better after CPO (likely with new wear-and-tear components, like brakes), but over the years, I have seen way too much garbage that has been certified by multiple manufacturers including Lexus, so while there are plenty of good CPO cars, CPO per se does not automatically imply higher quality IMO.

If I see a CPO car at the right price with a good service history, etc., I would certainly consider it. Otherwise (and this is what I did with my LS), the key is to find the right vehicle (with full service records, etc.) and to do so while it is under the 4/50 warranty, which will enable you to (1) have any wrinkles ironed out under warranty and to (2) purchase an extended warranty from Lexus (which, incidentally, covers more than the CPO warranty).
Old 01-14-13, 07:39 PM
watch37
Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
First and foremost, I have to concur that if you have little kids, the LX really does provide a nice sense of safety and security. In addition to being big and spacious, it does feel very solid (and truck-like) while also providing a smooth ride.

On the CPO front, my views differ from others' (even though, in the past, some on CL have agreed with me). My thinking is as follows: a good used car is a good car with or without CPO. Similarly, a lousy used car will continue to be lousy even after CPO.

Yes, some used cars will end up better after CPO (likely with new wear-and-tear components, like brakes), but over the years, I have seen way too much garbage that has been certified by multiple manufacturers including Lexus, so while there are plenty of good CPO cars, CPO per se does not automatically imply higher quality IMO.

If I see a CPO car at the right price with a good service history, etc., I would certainly consider it. Otherwise (and this is what I did with my LS), the key is to find the right vehicle (with full service records, etc.) and to do so while it is under the 4/50 warranty, which will enable you to (1) have any wrinkles ironed out under warranty and to (2) purchase an extended warranty from Lexus (which, incidentally, covers more than the CPO warranty).

I agree with these points. I would add that CPO can vary by dealership, even though in theory it shouldn't.