LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Unacceptable Brakes on my 2013 LX 570

Old 12-06-12, 05:42 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by kurnsnick
I have been to the dealer twice and they say this is normal for the LX 570. I agree, no one is complaining about this saftey flaw however the problem exists. You said on all of your LX 570's it takes about an inch or so before the brake engages. Maybe the or so is really several inches? The point is that when a driver needs to apply the "Brakes" and I am just guessing here but I think we want the auto to respond immediately and not have a two second delay, just thinking. I am wondering since the dealer thinks it is ok should I contact customer care for Lexus next? Whats your thoughts on that?

I do thank you for your response to my post and I am worried for my wife as it is her car. I have a 2013 LS 460 F sport and the brakes on that beautiful automobile are very responsive. In fact the F Sport has the best braking system of any vehicle I have owned.
"Two Second Delay"???

I think you are going a little over board! Every car or truck I have driven, the brake engages at different level of pedal activation! The great thing about humans is they adapt and you WILL in no time get used to it. It is not a safety problem.

You are free to contact Lexus service, but like I said I have had three LX units and all were exactly the same. I think it is just the way it is designed
Old 12-22-12, 09:07 AM
tella
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also though I had issues with the brakes on my LX570 when i just got the truck, but quickly adapted to it and never been happier.
Old 12-31-12, 04:31 AM
garyculb
Driver School Candidate

Default Spongy Brakes

Yes, indeed this an issue. I have owned the Toyota Landcruiser/ Lexus SUV since its intial peoduction in 1992. When I got my 2011 LX570 I could not believe the spongy brakes. We took it in to the dealer, they made somekind of adjusment and it is a little better. It is a bit scary to get used to when stoping quickly. The head mechanic at the dealer kept trying to explain to me that it has something to do with towing? Best,

DOC
Old 01-03-13, 03:54 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garyculb
Yes, indeed this an issue. I have owned the Toyota Landcruiser/ Lexus SUV since its intial peoduction in 1992. When I got my 2011 LX570 I could not believe the spongy brakes. We took it in to the dealer, they made somekind of adjusment and it is a little better. It is a bit scary to get used to when stoping quickly. The head mechanic at the dealer kept trying to explain to me that it has something to do with towing? Best,

DOC
There is nothing wrong with the brakes except that they do not engage at the top of the pedal. For most it only takes a few minutes to adapt. All vehicles are different and all do not have brakes that engage at the very top of the pedal.

Most people can adapt!
Old 03-16-13, 03:39 AM
ghantoot2
Rookie

I would say that i am very have with my 2009 Lx570 except that the brake performance is the worst.

i would consider it to be the worst brake i ever used in my life,During summer time in Dubai if the brake gets hot, u loose stooping capability which means that u have to park the car and give it some time to cool down and to correct that i ordered performance brake a year ago which cost 2000$.

The performance is still bad considered for a Lexus and for an SUV with that price range.

The only option left is switching to TRD upgrade which costs around another 3000$
Old 03-16-13, 02:06 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ghantoot2
I would say that i am very have with my 2009 Lx570 except that the brake performance is the worst.

i would consider it to be the worst brake i ever used in my life,During summer time in Dubai if the brake gets hot, u loose stooping capability which means that u have to park the car and give it some time to cool down and to correct that i ordered performance brake a year ago which cost 2000$.

The performance is still bad considered for a Lexus and for an SUV with that price range.

The only option left is switching to TRD upgrade which costs around another 3000$
If you are loosing brakes there is something wrong. I had a 2009 LX and the brakes are outstanding. Just take it to a dealer and get them serviced as there must be something wrong.

Look at all the posts on the LX. If they had brake problems you would read about it over and over in this forum. That is not happening.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 03-18-13 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-16-13, 10:52 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've driven a 570 many times. The brake pedal feel is pretty much the same as the 470. A normal Toyota truck feel, you come to expect (and appreciate).

And no, it is no Ferrari, Lamborghini or Audi RS4 bremo pedal feel and performance.

If there is any safety concern, that would come from the fact it is a heavy, roll-over prone, low on-road performance off-road truck. And you drive it as such, and enjoy what it offers.
Old 03-16-13, 11:24 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Check for, and if necessary, file a complaint at http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety
Old 03-17-13, 03:40 PM
RedRacer
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AKoch
I've driven a 570 many times. The brake pedal feel is pretty much the same as the 470. A normal Toyota truck feel, you come to expect (and appreciate).

And no, it is no Ferrari, Lamborghini or Audi RS4 bremo pedal feel and performance.

If there is any safety concern, that would come from the fact it is a heavy, roll-over prone, low on-road performance off-road truck. And you drive it as such, and enjoy what it offers.
Hear, hear! 100% accurate.
Old 03-18-13, 06:51 AM
LX470570
Driver School Candidate

My 08 570 brakes work fine. Took a little getting used to, but now I love it.