LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

special order ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 08:44 AM
gstanton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default special order ?

i'm in the market for a nobel spinel mica 2013 lx which apparently isn't readily available according to the gm of my local dealer. just wondering if any one here has had previous experience in special ordering a lexus product. - thanks
Old 07-26-12, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if they really custom order your car, should be about 3 months from the time you order
Old 07-26-12, 12:34 PM
sidgriggs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gstanton
i'm in the market for a nobel spinel mica 2013 lx which apparently isn't readily available according to the gm of my local dealer. just wondering if any one here has had previous experience in special ordering a lexus product. - thanks
Is it the color you are trying to find or the equip or both?
Old 07-26-12, 04:21 PM
John R.
Driver

I have special ordered the Nobel Spinel in 2010. I got it in about 8 weeks but the 2013 is in higher demand right now so it could take longer. I have seen several for sale around the country. Try auto trader.com and search the whole country, you will find a few available.
John
Old 07-28-12, 10:03 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

LX570's are not easy to find. And with the red color you are looking for it makes it all the more difficult to find one.

Eventually a red one will turn up, it might just take a long while.
Old 07-28-12, 11:21 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default special

The special order could take as log as 6 months. If your dealer will do it and you're not in a hurry......

Most dealers will not do it because it ties up that spot in their inventory and they worry you'll change your mind....

I'll probably be special ordering a new ES soon
Old 08-02-12, 09:38 AM
gstanton
Rookie

thanks guys for the helpful info.
Old 08-02-12, 12:33 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check your pm box
Old 09-02-12, 12:22 PM
gstanton
Rookie

actually the order preference at the local dealership worked well just found out yesterday that the order was accepted , or however that works , looking forward to delivery in a month or so.will post pics, not soon enough.
Old 10-22-12, 09:49 AM
gstanton
Rookie

well this came in a couple of weeks ago. from my perspective it was well worth the wait. certainly more luxo than the '06 that went to a first time lexus owner who couldn't be more thrilled. i guess the thing i like about it the most initially is the additionl hp. i've also noticed it's way quieter probably due to many factors. the off-road capability has definitely been enhanced, but not sure i'll be taking it to the " buffalo boy " mine in the san juans real soon, my paranoia but not the lx. i noted the tires are dunlop grand something or other but on tire rack they are 200 bucks a piece more than the michelin latitude tour's and capable of carrying an additional 500lbs per tire. i guess the new front end you either like or dont, ithink it looks great.

stuff i dont like and i dont ever see getting fixed, the inability to remove the 3rd. row seats, at least they seem to operate pretty well. sure wish the spare was more easily acessible, i've solved this problem with getting a spare, spare tire & wheel thats easy enough to put in in the back for extended trippin. avoids some of the hassle of a flat at night in the rain senario. not sure the remote starter is very useful

ready to start piling on the miles. one thing that has me a bit worried is theever expanding nanny state syndrom. and looming 54 mpg. mandate that at some point will preclude the building of wonderful vehicles like the lx, which early in its life has met and even exceeded my expectations.
Attached Thumbnails special order ?-img_3316_edited-2.jpg  
Old 10-22-12, 02:39 PM
heykev
Driver School Candidate

:Nice!!
Old 11-03-12, 03:54 PM
tkbalt
Driver

Saw one this morning - a great color
Old 11-05-12, 05:44 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

well this came in a couple of weeks ago. from my perspective it was well worth the wait. certainly more luxo than the '06 that went to a first time lexus owner who couldn't be more thrilled. i guess the thing i like about it the most initially is the additionl hp. i've also noticed it's way quieter probably due to many factors. the off-road capability has definitely been enhanced, but not sure i'll be taking it to the " buffalo boy " mine in the san juans real soon, my paranoia but not the lx. i noted the tires are dunlop grand something or other but on tire rack they are 200 bucks a piece more than the michelin latitude tour's and capable of carrying an additional 500lbs per tire. i guess the new front end you either like or dont, ithink it looks great.

stuff i dont like and i dont ever see getting fixed, the inability to remove the 3rd. row seats, at least they seem to operate pretty well. sure wish the spare was more easily acessible, i've solved this problem with getting a spare, spare tire & wheel thats easy enough to put in in the back for extended trippin. avoids some of the hassle of a flat at night in the rain senario. not sure the remote starter is very useful

ready to start piling on the miles. one thing that has me a bit worried is theever expanding nanny state syndrom. and looming 54 mpg. mandate that at some point will preclude the building of wonderful vehicles like the lx, which early in its life has met and even exceeded my expectations.
Congrats! Nice color, the LX looks so good with the spindle.
Old 11-05-12, 10:39 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations and your LX looks really good...
Old 11-28-12, 04:21 PM
F1Addict
Driver School Candidate

Great looking LX! I really like that color!