Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brake sound

Old 11-26-12, 01:27 AM   #1
dime06
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Brake sound

WITH LX570 , it is quite annoying to have such squeaking sound while applying or releasing break , dealer says it is quite normal but you dont expect this irritating sound from this sound proof car , any idea how to minimize this sound??
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dime06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:08 AM   #2
watch37
Driver

My LX 570 has the same squishy brake sound. My understanding from other posts I've read is that it is normal for the LX. I test drove several GX 460 as well, and the brake sound is even more noticeable in those SUVs than in the LX. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that can be done to minimize the sound.
watch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:07 PM   #3
ERC4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch37 View Post
My LX 570 has the same squishy brake sound. My understanding from other posts I've read is that it is normal for the LX. I test drove several GX 460 as well, and the brake sound is even more noticeable in those SUVs than in the LX. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that can be done to minimize the sound.
I've now got 30k on my 2010 and I've never had a brake squeek. I'd get a 2nd opinion from a different dealer.
ERC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:19 PM   #4
watch37
Driver

Just to clarify, the sound that my brakes make is more of like an "airy" swosh noise, not a squeaky sound. It's like air is being pushed out when I hit the brakes. It's not very noticeable in my LX, but because I'm a very finnicky person, I notice small things like that. I only hear it when the stereo is off, it's quiet in the car, and I'm actively listening for it. Otherise, most people would not notice it.
watch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:50 PM   #5
ERC4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch37 View Post
Just to clarify, the sound that my brakes make is more of like an "airy" swosh noise, not a squeaky sound. It's like air is being pushed out when I hit the brakes. It's not very noticeable in my LX, but because I'm a very finnicky person, I notice small things like that. I only hear it when the stereo is off, it's quiet in the car, and I'm actively listening for it. Otherise, most people would not notice it.
Thanks for the clarification. I can understand how that might annoy you but it sounds like you might have to live with it, unfortunately.
ERC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 12:30 AM   #6
dime06
Driver School Candidate

Default Brake sound

I found out from another dealer that this is air intake sound , the brakes create air vaccum by intaking ( or may be exhale) air and creating vaccum... what ever but this is not a nice sound to listen every time you press break
dime06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 12:30 AM