Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2008 vs. 2009 LX570

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-12, 12:45 PM   #1
redmr2
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 16
Default 2008 vs. 2009 LX570

Hi all,

I'm about to purchase either a Certified PreOwned 2008 LX570 with 35K miles or a CPO 2009 with 44K. The 2008 is marginally less expensive by about ~$700 and they are outfitted the same except for a cold-box in the 2009.

Are there any significant differences in reliability or features (not listed) between the 2008 and 2009 models? My gut is generally to go with the lower mileage vehicle, but I know that between the 1st and 2nd year of a model vehicle year, often small improvements are made that are not documented at the dealership.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated . . .

Thanks

RMR2
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
redmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 01:13 PM   #2
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,297
Default

from my experience 08 is just as solid as 09. the lx has been one well built car since day 1
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 02:09 PM   #3
GoHuskers
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE
Posts: 859
Default

Mechanically, the LX remains unchanged from 2008.

Look at this site for more info http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/LX/2009.html

Good luck.
__________________
2015 GX460 Premium Nebula Gray Pearl / Sepia
2012 Tacoma White DCLB TRD Sport
2010 RX350 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Sold
2010 RX450h AWD Obsidian/Black, LED, Navi - Traded
2007 IS250 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Traded
2011 Camry SE - Traded
2002 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD - Sold
GoHuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 03:50 PM   #4
LexsCTJill
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmr2 View Post
Hi all,

I'm about to purchase either a Certified PreOwned 2008 LX570 with 35K miles or a CPO 2009 with 44K. The 2008 is marginally less expensive by about ~$700 and they are outfitted the same except for a cold-box in the 2009.

Are there any significant differences in reliability or features (not listed) between the 2008 and 2009 models? My gut is generally to go with the lower mileage vehicle, but I know that between the 1st and 2nd year of a model vehicle year, often small improvements are made that are not documented at the dealership.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated . . .

Thanks

RMR2
A lot of people believe that a new model such as the 2008 could have some issues because it is a first model year vehicle so a 2009 model might be a better idea.
LexsCTJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 09:43 AM   #5
GVVTS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: tx
Posts: 76
Default

There were no real changes made on the LX between 2008 and 2009. Both are wonderful vehicles with remarkable reliability.
GVVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 07:55 PM   #6
DarkStar12
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

2008 did not have factory tint (not a big deal, right?)

Double check if you really really need the cool box. I thought I wanted one too, and there is a high cool factor with keeping drinks cold. But the standard center console is much larger, and has a removable tray--I find it much easier to live with
__________________
=========
'09 LX
'01 LX (traded)
'08 Hi/Hy Limited
DarkStar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 09:02 PM   #7
LexsCTJill
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar12 View Post
2008 did not have factory tint (not a big deal, right?)

Double check if you really really need the cool box. I thought I wanted one too, and there is a high cool factor with keeping drinks cold. But the standard center console is much larger, and has a removable tray--I find it much easier to live with
No tint was reeally strange. The cool box is not a deal breaker to me, I would rather have storage.
LexsCTJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 09:37 AM   #8
GoHuskers
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE
Posts: 859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar12 View Post
2008 did not have factory tint (not a big deal, right?)
Make sure the 2008 you saw did NOT have all glasses replaced with aftermarket because it should have privacy glasses per specifications

Glass
Water-repellent front-door glass with UV reduction
Rear privacy glass with in-glass antenna
Laminated windshield and front-door glass
__________________
2015 GX460 Premium Nebula Gray Pearl / Sepia
2012 Tacoma White DCLB TRD Sport
2010 RX350 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Sold
2010 RX450h AWD Obsidian/Black, LED, Navi - Traded
2007 IS250 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Traded
2011 Camry SE - Traded
2002 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD - Sold
GoHuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 10:55 AM   #9
redmr2
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for all the excellent and helpful comments.

I've narrowed down my selections to two 2009 CPO LX's with 41K and 44K miles. The only differences between them (outside of the minimal difference in mileage) is; the Silver one has an aftermarket rear entertainment package DVD system (a Rosen), and I was able to actually drive this one as it is local. Wonderful ride, no issues that were immediately obvious. The black one is out of state (TX, I'd have it transported to me in Maryland). It has the "Luxury package" which includes the cool box, and has a factory Rear Entertainment (DVD) system.

I noted on the Carfax of the black one (in Texas) that it was reported to have had "very minor right front accident damage, airbags did not deploy" --- not sure exactly what that means, but I'm assuming that if it's Lexus Certified, if there were issues when it arrived (that weren't corrected as part of the certification process), I'd be able to have Lexus take care of it.

I *really*, *really* didn't like the looks of the 3rd party DVD system in the local LX, but I appreciated the extra storage available without the cool box, not to mention that I was able to actually drive it. I'm also a bit leery about the 'accident damage' in the one in Texas, though I'd have a pre-purchase inspection done before any deal.

Again, any comments are appreciated. This forum has been invaluable . . .
redmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:24 AM   #10
DarkStar12
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmr2 View Post
Thanks for all the excellent and helpful comments.

I've narrowed down my selections to two 2009 CPO LX's with 41K and 44K miles. The only differences between them (outside of the minimal difference in mileage) is; the Silver one has an aftermarket rear entertainment package DVD system (a Rosen), and I was able to actually drive this one as it is local. Wonderful ride, no issues that were immediately obvious. The black one is out of state (TX, I'd have it transported to me in Maryland). It has the "Luxury package" which includes the cool box, and has a factory Rear Entertainment (DVD) system.

I noted on the Carfax of the black one (in Texas) that it was reported to have had "very minor right front accident damage, airbags did not deploy" --- not sure exactly what that means, but I'm assuming that if it's Lexus Certified, if there were issues when it arrived (that weren't corrected as part of the certification process), I'd be able to have Lexus take care of it.

I *really*, *really* didn't like the looks of the 3rd party DVD system in the local LX, but I appreciated the extra storage available without the cool box, not to mention that I was able to actually drive it. I'm also a bit leery about the 'accident damage' in the one in Texas, though I'd have a pre-purchase inspection done before any deal.

Again, any comments are appreciated. This forum has been invaluable . . .
That is really tough. I really like the way the factory DVD is integrated with the front screen: Controls, etc and if you are parked you can actually watch the DVD from the front as well (or buy an aftermarket module that enables it in motion). I agree with you on the aftermarket DVD "looks" there is something missing from that.

But I also agree (and I may be in the minority) that maximum center console storage > cool box.

I'd say...keep looking? Is that an option? Have you tried cars.com?

I had to have PCS on my car, and looked for a year until I found the right one (and locally!)
__________________
=========
'09 LX
'01 LX (traded)
'08 Hi/Hy Limited
DarkStar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:46 AM   #11
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,297
Default

as much as i don't like anything aftermarket, including the rses, i will never touch a car that had been in accident in the past
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:55 AM   #12
redmr2
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for the fast replies.

Continuing to look is *definitely* an option -- for me, but my wife is rapidly running out of, or has already run out of patience, as I've been looking for several months so far.

I've used primarily AutoTrader, Cars.com, and Carsabi but ultimately decided that the Lexus CPO route was better for me. I made two email inquiries on privately owned vehicles, only to receive replies consistent with the infamous "Google Checkout" scam. My previous experiences with Lexus CPO have been overwhelmingly positive, despite the more limited vehicle selection, and I'd feel a bit more comfortable purchasing 'sight unseen'.

I totally agree with your comments. I greatly prefer the regular center console, but I really hate the aftermarket DVD (probably more than I like the extra storage). Also I did not know that the DVD screen was integrated with the front screen. Does that also mean that Nav info, etc. can be optionally visible in the rear? (just curious). I'm pretty sure it's not that way with an aftermarket model.

Agree also, with your aversion to vehicles with an accident history. That may truly be the deal-breaker . . .

BTW, what is PCS?

Thanks again . . .
redmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 01:01 PM   #13
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,297
Default

pre-collision system
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 04:06 PM   #14
GoHuskers
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE
Posts: 859
Default

My local dealer has two 2010 LX570s. A black with 48k miles for $67k and and Mercury with 21k miles for $73k.

Why are they so expensive?
__________________
2015 GX460 Premium Nebula Gray Pearl / Sepia
2012 Tacoma White DCLB TRD Sport
2010 RX350 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Sold
2010 RX450h AWD Obsidian/Black, LED, Navi - Traded
2007 IS250 AWD Matador Red Mica, HID, Navi - Traded
2011 Camry SE - Traded
2002 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD - Sold
GoHuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 04:16 PM   #15
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,297
Default

demand on lx570 is extremely high driving the resale to be very high as well
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 04:16 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LED DRL on 2009 lx570 ghantoot2 Lighting 1 02-09-14 06:19 AM
Ride quality between LX470 and LX570 LS600guy LX570 8 09-22-11 10:59 PM
iPhone/iPod integration kit to '09LX570 Plucky LX570 4 11-18-09 03:49 AM
ATT: Tire Rack - Pacific TPMS S014 istundra The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 0 04-14-09 08:43 PM
Used 2008 LX 570 larry8 LX570 2 10-05-08 09:30 PM


Tags
09, 2008, 2009, aftermarket, dvd, factory, hybrid, lexus, lx, lx570, module, problems, same, suspension, tint, update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info