LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

XM activation

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-11, 01:21 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts
Default XM activation

I have had XM radio, the Everything Plan, for months. I recently called them and extended my contract for a year. Seems like the day after I did that, I lost my weather and traffic functions yet still get all my XM channels.

I logged back onto my account and it says I have XM Everything. I call them (they are idiots) and they tell me to activate my radio again. I asked why in the $%&@ did they do ANYTHING to my service except to extend it for another year?! They can not explain.

Anyway after reactivation over and over, I still can not get the weather and traffic.

Anyone else ever have these problems. I guess next is to call Lexus.
Old 03-05-11, 02:08 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by reactivating you mean by the website if so have tried just resetting the device or the head unit and see if that get all your channel back i had the same issue and when i resetting everything back to stock everything was back in
Old 03-05-11, 03:09 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

How would you reset the Sat/Nav system in the 2010 LX570? I hate to loose what I got!
Old 03-06-11, 09:55 AM
tella
Driver

Not exactly, i was in the same boat as you. I had XM activated by a Lexus dealership with the weather and traffic features. However, when the promotional term ended I was automatically switched to month-to-month plan and paid just for the audio services. Later, when I added sirius services to my new promotional plan I lost the traffic and weather services. XM rep explained that I never had any of the additional services on my plan and never paid for them. Thus if I were not to call XM to change my plan, I would have everything for $12.95/month. So, don't get upset if you have to buy all these services separately.
Old 03-08-11, 03:47 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tella
Not exactly, i was in the same boat as you. I had XM activated by a Lexus dealership with the weather and traffic features. However, when the promotional term ended I was automatically switched to month-to-month plan and paid just for the audio services. Later, when I added sirius services to my new promotional plan I lost the traffic and weather services. XM rep explained that I never had any of the additional services on my plan and never paid for them. Thus if I were not to call XM to change my plan, I would have everything for $12.95/month. So, don't get upset if you have to buy all these services separately.
I understand what you are saying. BUT, I am subscribed to the "XM Everything" plan which includes the weather and traffic. I have checked my account several times to confirm this. I have even called XM (idiots) and they say all is good on their end and it is my problem.
Old 03-09-11, 12:08 PM
tella
Driver

XM Everything is an audio plan only. No other data only services included.
XMWeather and Traffic are data services.
Old 03-10-11, 05:32 PM
sidgriggs
Driver

Default Xm

I too have something to complain about regarding XM's service or lack thereof! I had both an 09 LX and a 10 RX on the xm family plan with every service--PLUS a home receiver connected to my Home Entertainment system so I could have XM all over the house. Then I traded my 09 LX for an 11 LX and promptly called XM to change the vehicle radio id for my service. Those idiots at the 800 number must have very poor understanding of english (Texan, that is). They made such a mess of my systems that I have cancelled the home receiver, pared each car down to only radio and when this contract is up I am seriously considering dropping XM and using only radio streamed thru my iPhone. I even called Lexus corporate to tell them what I went thru. The XM reps even refused to honor the trial period that came with the new car, since I was already under a contract. Those foreigners in India have ruined what I once thought was a must have for my car!
Old 04-21-11, 06:17 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default XM Sirius Radio

I had XM service in my first RX. And loved it. Then after awhile I noticed that instead of being commercial free. It became all talk all the time.

I just want to listen to music. But no, you have to listen to the DJs talking between every song. Then have a couple of XM commecials. Then they started talking over the music like on AM stations. All they are missing now if some Sofa-King commecricals. And you would not be able to tell the difference.

And dont get me started about the customer service.

I dont have it in my new Lexus. Its not worth it.