LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Got the LX to 130mph - with picture!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-11, 12:47 AM
Imperium11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my dads 2004 nissan quest upto 210kmh (130mph) needle was burried,
why didnt you go for the extra 7mph and hit the limiter? (i wonder what it would top out at with not limiter)
no offense but this isnt that special, however still fun to push vehicles
im not familiar with the vehicle but is that not the traction loss light on?
also trucks have beds :P

Last edited by Imperium11; 01-31-11 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-31-11, 06:10 AM
Arraco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imperium11
why didnt you go for the extra 7mph and hit the limiter? (i wonder what it would top out at with not limiter)
Another "brilliant" post. Take it to the track, Bucko.
Old 03-31-11, 11:29 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLX
Love this truck<3
LX is a real sporty SUV..
tnx
WTH? You gotta be kidding right?
Old 03-31-11, 11:30 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Just the thought of that speed with you looking down at the speedo to take a pic, anything could have happened, not to mention the truck is not meant to go that speed, and just remember just cause you can, doesn't mean that you should
Old 03-31-11, 11:31 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

And to this thread.

Doing 130mph on a public road is just stupid....
Old 03-31-11, 01:11 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought the original post was stupid but this one is a fail on multiple levels.

Old 04-04-11, 11:12 PM
Imperium11
Driver

some people enjoy show queening some people enjoy driving, i never said it was safe or legal, i would explain the situation i did it under but people are so closed minded and stubborn theres absolutly no point
Old 04-05-11, 03:46 AM
khoa2801@y
Driver School Candidate

I'm actually surprised that he can pull up 130mph because i think the truck itself is very heavy to accelerate. Before, when i push the gas pedal to accelerate on highway with my father lx570, around 70mph-80mph it seem there is a hesitation, and it is very difficult to go to 90 mph.
Old 04-05-11, 09:18 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

some people enjoy show queening some people enjoy driving, i never said it was safe or legal, i would explain the situation i did it under but I'm closed minded and stubborn and theres absolutly no point
well said
Old 04-05-11, 10:46 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

some people enjoy show queening some people enjoy driving, i never said it was safe or legal, i would explain the situation i did it under but people are so closed minded and stubborn theres absolutly no point
Holding a steering wheel straight on an almost 5,000lbs vehicle and mashing the gas pedal for the two minutes it takes to get up to 130mph is driving?

Like you said, you didn't explain the situation so the statement by itself of boasting of taking a Quest (that doesn't belong to you) or LX to 130 mph is a fail.

Now if you were driving along the highway and came across an Al Qaeda IED that was going to take out the the state of Idaho and you needed to race at 130mph to get to a bomb shelter because you had the President in your back seat is a different story and I wouldn't be close minded to that at all.
Old 04-05-11, 11:00 AM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idiot.

Darwinism at it's finest.

IBTL.
Old 05-22-11, 03:26 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

I dont understand why people would bash on such a thread.. So what if the OP drove fast in an SUV, its his life, his car, and i'm sure he wouldnt have done so in rush hour or if he didnt have enough driving skills to do it... I reached an LX570's limiter an an Autobahn for over an hour straight... It was 7 Lanes, not a single car, unlimited speed and the truck was reletively new (As far as tires and condition of the truck)...

These vehicles are very safe, composed and reletively aerodynamic.. You hardly hear the wind at 138Miles (where the limiter kicks in )

Get a life you guys, I hate it when members start B'chin about a subject which has nothing to do with them on forums.. If it effects you directly then by all means; however when someone decides to brag about something that has nothing to do with you, negative comments should be kept to yourself.

Bash all you want because this is the truth and im pretty sure many people on here would agree.. I'd urge Mods to keep this thread open because it may interest many.

Apologies for going off topic..
Old 06-04-11, 08:37 AM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
I dont understand why people would bash on such a thread.. So what if the OP drove fast in an SUV, its his life, his car, and i'm sure he wouldnt have done so in rush hour or if he didnt have enough driving skills to do it...

I'm assuming he was on a public road shared with OTHER drivers...that makes it personal when someone's family could be in the other vehicles. Also, it doesn't take "skills" to mash an accelerator until the rev limiter kicks in. With a high-centered truck-based SUV, any small disruption in the road can cause the car to become unstable regardless of how much "skill" he may have.

I reached an LX570's limiter an an Autobahn for over an hour straight... It was 7 Lanes, not a single car, unlimited speed and the truck was reletively new (As far as tires and condition of the truck)...

Different scenario in that the Autobahn is built for high-speed traffic

These vehicles are very safe, composed and reletively aerodynamic.. You hardly hear the wind at 138Miles (where the limiter kicks in )

Get a life you guys, I hate it when members start B'chin about a subject which has nothing to do with them on forums.. If it effects you directly then by all means; however when someone decides to brag about something that has nothing to do with you, negative comments should be kept to yourself.

Public forum and if you want to play stupid games expect stupid prizes...

Bash all you want because this is the truth and im pretty sure many people on here would agree.. I'd urge Mods to keep this thread open because it may interest many.

Apologies for going off topic..
I'll have to disagree with your post.
Old 06-06-11, 08:21 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should think of other's safety before doing something so stupid. Our public roads were not engineered for these kind of speeds. If you would have hit someone, without a doubt they would have lost their life. This should be reported to authorities.
Old 06-06-11, 08:32 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where were the rpm's at 130?

Quick Reply: Got the LX to 130mph - with picture!