LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just picked up my 2010 LX570 - Did I get a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-10, 10:31 PM
LXfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up my 2010 LX570 - Did I get a good deal?

So I was deciding between the GX and and the LX, ultimately going with the latter. I had a 2005 LX470 and just didnt want to give up the roominess of an LX.

That being said, every dealer I talked to is selling GXs for pretty close to invoice (56ish)...I guess thats what a recall will do.

On the other hand, every dealer told me they couldnt do any better than 1K off of sticker for the LX. Not only that, but availability was extremely limited. So I called around and found a dealership 50 miles away that had the exact LX I wanted (black on black, and NO rear dvd). Sticker was 83460. We went back and forth a couple times, but we finally agreed at 82K. I went down and picked it up two hours later.

So.....how did I do?
Old 05-09-10, 05:42 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

I will let you know shortly as I will be buying my 2nd LX570 within the next few weeks. I sold the original and have not been happy with anything else so I am going back for a 2010 LX.

I am looking forward to getting back into the Luxury gas slurping Beast! Nothing compares, nothing
Old 05-10-10, 07:07 AM
DaveN
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way to purchase a new vehicle is via carbargains.com. I read about them in Consumer Reports around 20 years ago and they get the best prices. No haggling, no wasted time, and amazing pricing. They provide contracted profit price from 5 dealers for:
1. car on lot
2. car traded from another dealer
3. new vehicle factory order

They then send you the dealer order sheet with dealer codes and pricing on all options. Figure out the options you want, add the price, include the profit amount that the dealer wants and that is the price. No haggling and they guarantee the best price or you get your money back. Wonderful service.
Old 05-11-10, 04:29 PM
Carl L
Driver School Candidate

Default How did you do?

Without wanting to sound rude, terrible. You bought a great vehicle but 1k off MSRP? Hell, did you negotiate upwards?
Old 05-11-10, 07:01 PM
LXfan
Driver School Candidate

like i said in my op, the gx was selling for invoice, but the four dealerships I talked to would not budge on price for the LX. How much did you pay for yours?
Old 05-13-10, 11:55 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveN
The only way to purchase a new vehicle is via carbargains.com. I read about them in Consumer Reports around 20 years ago and they get the best prices. No haggling, no wasted time, and amazing pricing. They provide contracted profit price from 5 dealers for:
1. car on lot

They then send you the dealer order sheet with dealer codes and pricing on all options. Figure out the options you want, add the price, include the profit amount that the dealer wants and that is the price. No haggling and they guarantee the best price or you get your money back. Wonderful service.
These people want $200 for emailing the dealers and getting the lowest price.

I would rather do it myself
Old 05-13-10, 12:49 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveN
1. car on lot

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
These people want $200 for emailing the dealers and getting the lowest price.

I would rather do it myself
I prefer to get discounts through one of my wholesale club memberships
Old 05-13-10, 12:53 PM
Des@Cerritos
Former Sponsor

Dealers aren't really dealing on 2010 LX's because they're so limited. It wouldn't matter who you go through.
Old 05-14-10, 08:45 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Des@Cerritos
Dealers aren't really dealing on 2010 LX's because they're so limited. It wouldn't matter who you go through.
I agree. I just talked with my Lexus dealer and there is a waiting list of people who have put a deposit down waiting for one to come in that "may" match what you are looking for. He said there have been only less than 70 new LX570 units in the USA in 2010.

Hard to do alot of hard bargaining on a vehicle like that. Sounds like if you got anything at list or slightly below you would be lucky. You would be lucky to even get one in the next few months. period!

I will be meeting my salesperson, who will be back from vacation, on Monday to plunk my deposit down and get my place in line!

I wish I had never sold my original LX570, one of the first delivered in Florida! http://www.pbase.com/greggebhardt/lx570

Last edited by ggebhardt; 05-14-10 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-14-10, 03:19 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Whenever buying a car it is best to deal with internet sales fleet manager, they base their commission off of volume sales, not profits of the dealership.
Old 05-14-10, 03:38 PM
Des@Cerritos
Former Sponsor

Ggebhardt,
how much are you paying for your LX?

And G Star, fleet gets paid on commission off of front end profit as well, usually at a higher rate than a "regular" salesperson. Generally they get volume unit bonuses which makes up for discounting the cars greatly.
Old 05-15-10, 03:22 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G Star
Whenever buying a car it is best to deal with internet sales fleet manager, they base their commission off of volume sales, not profits of the dealership.
I will put my trust in the salesperson I have known and bought from for over 10 years. I have checked around on other purchases and he has been most competitive. As I said in my above post you are not going to get a lot off a vehicle that people are putting a deposit on and waiting months to get. The LX570 is NOT like buying a RX!

My valued salesperson used to be the Interent salesperson. Now it is the newest person on the Lexus payroll with less Lexus experience.
Old 05-17-10, 09:03 AM
05 Celsior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
My valued salesperson used to be the Interent salesperson. Now it is the newest person on the Lexus payroll with less Lexus experience.
iLike that comment above. Cool!!!

I'm going to pick up my new LX570 in a few hours. It was really tough searching around for 1 all over the place and it was tough looking for one below MSRP. But I got a great deal. 1 Month of hard work finally paid off. Will post some pictures afterwards.
Old 05-17-10, 01:44 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Congratulations!

I've been back and forth on a new car/SUV since December. LX is definately one of the best ways to go (A8/XJ/Range Rover/Q7). I've been able to locate a few great deals, but I cannot pull the trigger just yet, because as much as I love the LX, I cannot get over the published mpg's (who cares about mpg's : I do).

On the bright side, mpg's for Lexus are underated just like their hp ratings. It always seems to shock me that I'm averaging 24.1 (25 per tank) mpg's in my IS350.

Cheers!
Old 05-17-10, 03:47 PM
DaveN
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you consider a great deal?

Quick Reply: Just picked up my 2010 LX570 - Did I get a good deal?