LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just traded my 2010 range rover for an 2010 LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 06:08 PM
yrbender
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just traded my 2010 range rover for an 2010 LX

Wife wanted more seating for kids and their friends. I was pushing to keep the RR but I always loose. I must say I really like the LX, as much as I didnt want to. It seems to be a big improvement over my old LX 470. Anyone know how the LX compares to the RR off road? I have a place in the mountain that requires a good 4x4. Anyone out there do any off roading?

Thanks
Old 01-27-10, 04:59 PM
ige
Rookie

Are you kidding me, The LandCruiser and the LX570 are the most popular SUVs in the Gulf area (that includes Saudi Arabia), which means, they're up to the task, just bring it on!

Nobody here owns an RR to go out sand dunning or claim mountains, because of two reasons I know of, 1) Its maintenance costs hell if broke. 2) Its a fancy-showing-off SUVs, not something you can literally rely on, and finish heavy duty jobs with.

I've never owned one and I don't think I ever will, but I see and hear things and I'm sharing it, hopefully they'll become handy to you.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-10, 06:21 PM
yrbender
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. The RR was nice but everytime it time something strange I thought oh no and it had quite a few quirks. I really enjoy the LX great ride and everything just works as it should. Im a little worried about the running boards and mud flaps for off road.

I wll get to try out the four wheel drive this weekend. We are heading up to the mountains and they are predicting very heavy snow. I already have the chains. Does anyone have experience with the crawl control?
Old 02-01-10, 07:31 PM
LexFather

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-10, 09:48 PM
GeneralM
Driver School Candidate

Are you kidding me, The LandCruiser and the LX570 are the most popular SUVs in the Gulf area (that includes Saudi Arabia), which means, they're up to the task, just bring it on!
No Doubt!

Lets expand the countries to, Kuwait, United Arab of Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman.

You see the LC and the LX more then the local taxis!!.
Old 02-02-10, 06:36 PM
yrbender
Driver School Candidate

WOW is all I have to say. Got about 8 inches of snow in as many hours, roads in the mountains were not clear 4x4 or chains only. I really didnt trust the car at first and was going to put on chains but wanted to try her out. Diff. locked and 4 lo no problems what so ever. CRAWL control worked great liked the variable speed but found using the gears to slow the truck was fine and much more quiet. I even had the stock tires!!

The only limitations over the Range Rover is the running boards and mud flaps. I would guess the approach and departure angles too.

Love the size over the old LX 470 and obviously it has much more power. The third row seats are great for the kids.

Problems I had were minor but the heated windshield wiper thing didnt work, the cool box didnt function - but in the manual it says wont work if its cold. The moveable headlights tended to jump when cornerning as apposed to a smooth movement - which I think was also due to the cold temps. Must say the remote start option was great but a heated steering wheel would be nice.

Can't be happier with my switch to the LX and best and most important thing is my wife loves it.
Old 02-02-10, 09:12 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LX470 compared very favorably over the RR. Dunno about the 570.

You don't really want to do the center (or any other diff) locking on snow. Keep all diffs open and rely on traction control for much better (and safer) results. Oh, and I live in the mountains.