Land Cruiser to LX - Review / Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 07:11 AM
dave635
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Land Cruiser to LX - Review / Impressions

Been driving for a month now. Here is a quick review:

I came from Land Cruiser 2004. Didn't go for the Land Cruiser this time, as I didn't like the new styling, as well as the fake wood, but thought the styling worked well as a Lexus. Here are my impressions.

LX is solid as an LC of course. Can't beat it. Nice and quiet too.

Love the up and down suspension. Worked well getting through some deep snow in the up position.

Love the parking assist and the mirrors folding up.

Sirius/XM interface is really really bad. I mean, it is so basic, I'm almost thinking of sticking a sportster car unit on the dash. (But won't of course) But at least having a list of channels to pick from would of been nice. (Lexus - see Audi's new MMI for ideas)

Like the added horsepower. It definitely "goes faster faster" than the land cruiser.

Don't love the gas mileage, but expected it. It seems to eat gas faster than the Land Cruiser did. Plus, it seems that the gas tank is smaller?

Don't like having to put premium in (though I do) but everytime I think, I bet I don't need to do this (but do anyway)

Didn't think I'd like the auto fold rear seats, but like them. Still would like option to take them out like on Land Cruiser.

Don't like the wood stearing wheel. Would rather just have an option for a nice leather. Not a fan of wood in cars in general. Even "fancy" ones.

Don't really like the new exterior shape so much. I think it is the swept back nature of it. Would rather have the old Land Cruiser box style, where you had a lot of height in the cabin and visibility in the windows. Safari / Range Rover style. I tend to still want that.

4 Zone climate control rocks.

Cancelling a route could be easier.

Car Setup, tweaking features, is great.

Auto tailgate open rocks.

Not sure I like the Surround Sound On - just sounds echo-ey. Debating whether to leave it on or not.

Voice recognition is always a mixed bag. I like saying "Audio" to turn on the audio and it says back "that feature is not available because audio is off"

Overall, car rocks. In this category, you just can't beat it. It will be a tough decision whether to stick with this, or go back to Land Cruiser. We'll have to see where the design is then, but by then, i'll probably be addicted to the added bells and whistles the LX offers...

Cheers.
Old 01-20-10, 06:35 PM
ige
Rookie

Great review dave635!

For your surround sound problem, its a common one, you can fix it via hitting the touch button (on Audio screen) that is on the right of sound button (left down corner of the screen) I forgot its name.

Its only good when you tune in to a talk show on the radio or playing a movie of course.
Old 01-21-10, 08:09 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

excellent reveiw ...

The LX570 is indeed the King of SUVs IMO, tried '10 Audi Q7, '09 Porsche Cayenne S and both were not even close to styling, comfort and of course reliability of the 570.

Thanks !

'09LX570cc
Old 02-01-10, 09:58 PM
GeneralM
Driver School Candidate

Interesting
Old 02-01-10, 10:05 PM
GeneralM
Driver School Candidate

I think the LC is made more to "Beat" in the desert in comparison to the LX Being more of "Respected" car when going offroading.