LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

About to "Pull the trigger" looking for Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-08, 07:34 AM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to "Pull the trigger" looking for Advice

Well my 93' ES300 "gave up the ghost" after 235k miles, the water pump went bad and took out the crank somehow . . .

I've been looking at getting the LX570 09' Metallic Silver / Dark Grey interior, w/ Luxury Package, Mark Levinson HDD Rear Entertainment system etc. Everything but the cool box, and laser cruise control (none on the lot).

Obviously this is all personal preference, but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what they got or didn't get with LX. Some I've looked at have the LCD entertainment screen in the roof, others have it in the head rest. Any advice on getting a good price would be appreciated too. I've called around to several dealers in the area. They all seem to have the one I want in stock and the best quote I've gotten so far is about $81K over the phone plus they all seem willing to deal.
Old 11-29-08, 11:01 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheffron
Well my 93' ES300 "gave up the ghost" after 235k miles, the water pump went bad and took out the crank somehow . . .

I've been looking at getting the LX570 09' Metallic Silver / Dark Grey interior, w/ Luxury Package, Mark Levinson HDD Rear Entertainment system etc. Everything but the cool box, and laser cruise control (none on the lot).

Obviously this is all personal preference, but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what they got or didn't get with LX. Some I've looked at have the LCD entertainment screen in the roof, others have it in the head rest. Any advice on getting a good price would be appreciated too. I've called around to several dealers in the area. They all seem to have the one I want in stock and the best quote I've gotten so far is about $81K over the phone plus they all seem willing to deal.
I had headrest screens before and thought I would always get those but the built in drop down (from the roof) is great. It's integrated into the rest of the car and system as well (the kids like to watch the Navi map in the back too)

I also think Lexus has a safety feature built into the headrest or seat or something so removing the stock headrests may tamper with that (I dont know where I heard that so it may not be correct, but anyway...)

We paid MSRP but got it last December. It's well worth it and I would have paid more for the car, especially in hindsight.
Old 11-30-08, 07:41 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by trusso
I also think Lexus has a safety feature built into the headrest or seat or something so removing the stock headrests may tamper with that (I dont know where I heard that so it may not be correct, but anyway...)
"Active Headrest"...prevents whiplash injury in a rear-end collision for driver and front passenger. (I always wondered why car manufacturers don't put this type of headrest on ALL seating positions...too costly?)

Here is what Lexus says about the Active Headrests:
"The headrests [1] for the front seats are designed to help prevent or limit the extent of whiplash in the event of certain types of rear-end collisions. The force of the occupant's body against the seatback moves the headrest upward helping, in some cases, to decrease the movement of the head relative to the spine."

Last edited by tigmd99; 11-30-08 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-30-08, 09:43 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tigmd99
"Active Headrest"...prevents whiplash injury in a rear-end collision for driver and front passenger. (I always wondered why car manufacturers don't put this type of headrest on ALL seating positions...too costly?)

Here is what Lexus says about the Active Headrests:
"The headrests [1] for the front seats are designed to help prevent or limit the extent of whiplash in the event of certain types of rear-end collisions. The force of the occupant's body against the seatback moves the headrest upward helping, in some cases, to decrease the movement of the head relative to the spine."
See, I was right !
I didn't know what I was talking about but I was still right-ish !
Old 12-01-08, 03:30 PM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your input . . .

I ended up "working" 3 dealers into a bidding war over the phone. Each had 3 or 4 on the lot.

I ended up with the metallic silver/ dark gray interior 2009
Optional Equipment

Climate Control Seats
Mark Levinson Audio:
Mark Levinson w/19-speaker Reference Surround
Sound Audio system with Hard Disk Drive , 6-Disc
DVD/CD Auto Changer featuring DVD-Audio & DVD
Video Playback
Lexus Link (Digital)
Wide view Front and Side Monitor System with
Intuitive Park Asst
Rear Seat Entertainment System (Dual LCD screens in headrest)
Wireless Headphones
Glass Breakage Sensors
Remote Engine Start
Preferred Accesory Package
All weather Mats
Trailor Hitch
3m clear bra

OTD (6%tax tags etc.) for $81200, or about $76500 pre tax.

It looks like the dealer uses Lexus headrests when it installs the LCD screens, they actually gave me an extra set without the LCD screens and they look look indenticle.

Of course the first thing I "figured" out how to work, after the garage door openers, was the DVD player in the Nav system. Plugged in the Original Star Wars (Wide screen) yes there are actually 2 wide screen settings in the Nav video playback. Cranked up the Mark Levinson Sound, and was completely blown away !! ! !
Old 12-02-08, 10:14 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by cheffron
OTD (6%tax tags etc.) for $81200, or about $76500 pre tax.

Of course the first thing I "figured" out how to work, after the garage door openers, was the DVD player in the Nav system. Plugged in the Original Star Wars (Wide screen) yes there are actually 2 wide screen settings in the Nav video playback. Cranked up the Mark Levinson Sound, and was completely blown away !! ! !
Good price! Lexus dealers are coming down on price.

BTW, i envy you with your ML Reference system! I hate you!
Old 12-02-08, 10:03 PM
trusso
Pole Position

BTW, i envy you with your ML Reference system! I hate you!
The ML is very cool although I'm starting to notice a few "bass rattles" in the dash.

Hey, I'm envy on your G !
You can tow me out of the backcountry while I'm listening to the stereo ..haha
Old 12-02-08, 10:43 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your new ride... and yes the dealers are coming down on their prices!
Old 12-03-08, 08:45 AM
tigmd99
Racer

The ML is very cool although I'm starting to notice a few "bass rattles" in the dash.

Hey, I'm envy on your G !
You can tow me out of the backcountry while I'm listening to the stereo ..haha
The ML system in the LS460 was superb with no bass rattles. You better get Lexus to check out the rattles. Did i tell you how much i love that system?

It's a deal...maybe i can ask my wife to drive my G while i also enjoy your stereo system!
Old 12-03-08, 11:09 AM
trusso
Pole Position

The ML system in the LS460 was superb with no bass rattles. You better get Lexus to check out the rattles. Did i tell you how much i love that system?

It's a deal...maybe i can ask my wife to drive my G while i also enjoy your stereo system!

It was extremely solid when new.
I'll have them fix the rattles on the 15k service.

I think theres a sub in the dash, maybe that is what is causing the rattles.
Also all the DVD's my wife has in the door
Old 12-03-08, 11:46 AM
ERC4
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheffron,

Congratulations on your new ride. What's the MSRP on your LX? Without even figuring in the remote engine start and bra, I figure the MSRP has to be at least $84,610. Thus, your deal was more than $8,000 off MSRP. Please confirm.
Old 12-03-08, 01:44 PM
tigmd99
Racer

It was extremely solid when new.
I'll have them fix the rattles on the 15k service.

I think theres a sub in the dash, maybe that is what is causing the rattles.
Also all the DVD's my wife has in the door
Your dash has 6 speakers i believe...all firing up into the windshield. You have a 1" tweeter and 4" woofer in three spots on top of the dash. No subwoofer. On your front doors, you should have one 6x9 woofer.

See: http://marklevinsonlexus.com/
Old 12-03-08, 09:38 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Your dash has 6 speakers i believe...all firing up into the windshield. You have a 1" tweeter and 4" woofer in three spots on top of the dash. No subwoofer. On your front doors, you should have one 6x9 woofer.

See: http://marklevinsonlexus.com/
I got the luxury package from Lexus that includes the dash Pez dispenser and 2 12" subs in each door. Also bull horns on the hood and CB radio...
Old 12-04-08, 10:37 AM
tigmd99
Racer

I got the luxury package from Lexus that includes the dash Pez dispenser and 2 12" subs in each door. Also bull horns on the hood and CB radio...
That must be "The Funky Rapper" option....
Old 12-04-08, 11:18 AM
trusso
Pole Position

That must be "The Funky Rapper" option....
"Funky Rapper" also added the spinners, gold curb feelers, chrome fender lips and larger rear wing.
Lexus wait time on those was too long, I couldn't wait !!!

Quick Reply: About to "Pull the trigger" looking for Advice