LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 10:07 PM
boxed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how much did you pay?

Just wondering what everyone bought their LX570 for..how much did you pay over/under sticker? Getting this suv at invoice doable?
Old 11-11-08, 11:30 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxed
Getting this suv at invoice doable?
That amused me.
Old 11-12-08, 03:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

When I bought my LX570 they would not even give me a discount for paying cash!

Lexus is not know for it bikering over the prices but in today less prosperous times, who knows!
Old 11-12-08, 04:58 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Getting this suv at invoice doable?
Originally Posted by kalvano
That amused me.
Kalvano, maybe you haven't been keeping track of current events. Like the economy?

I've been tracking the number of new LX570s in stock as reported by dealers on Autotrader. Not all dealers in the country participate. But for those who do: as of Sep 24, there were 177 in stock (counting new vehicles only, from dealers only, 2008+2009). As of this morning, 370. That tell you anything?

On another thread, a poster in San Diego related that the opening offer from a dealer for an LX was $5k off.

My own local dealer has SEVENTEEN new LX570s in stock, including 11 2009s. The local Porsche dealer was in the paper saying that sales in the last month or so at his dealership are down 40-50%.

I don't know if a purchase near invoice is possible right now, I haven't yet tried myself. But if not now, then imho by early 2009, as the economy continues into a tailspin. (Remember, the dealer still makes the holdback, if he sells at invoice.)

My advice to anyone wanting an LX: if you can't get the price you want right now, just wait a bit. The economy is on your side.

Last edited by syswei; 11-12-08 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-12-08, 08:39 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by syswei
Kalvano, maybe you haven't been keeping track of current events. Like the economy?

I've been tracking the number of new LX570s in stock as reported by dealers on Autotrader. Not all dealers in the country participate. But for those who do: as of Sep 24, there were 177 in stock (counting new vehicles only, from dealers only, 2008+2009). As of this morning, 370. That tell you anything?

On another thread, a poster in San Diego related that the opening offer from a dealer for an LX was $5k off.

My own local dealer has SEVENTEEN new LX570s in stock, including 11 2009s. The local Porsche dealer was in the paper saying that sales in the last month or so at his dealership are down 40-50%.

I don't know if a purchase near invoice is possible right now, I haven't yet tried myself. But if not now, then imho by early 2009, as the economy continues into a tailspin. (Remember, the dealer still makes the holdback, if he sells at invoice.)

My advice to anyone wanting an LX: if you can't get the price you want right now, just wait a bit. The economy is on your side.

All depends on what part of the country you are looking at.

The market in California is now, and has always been, radically different from the rest of the country. There, and Florida.

Now that LX's are no longer by order only, we'll discount them. But anybody looking to buy our flagship SUV at invoice? Take a walk. That's a car we actually make money on. I can assure you, we are not the only dealership that feels that way. Don't use California pricing to reflect what is going on in the market as a whole.

The other reason why sales figures are down so badly is that the two largest volume states are California and Florida, also the two states worst hit by this economy.
Old 11-12-08, 08:40 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
When I bought my LX570 they would not even give me a discount for paying cash!
For some reason, this myth persists that cash is king.

It's not.

Dealerships want you to finance. Telling them you're paying cash actually makes them less interested.
Old 11-12-08, 10:34 AM
boxed
Rookie

Local dealer me offering $7k off sticker maybe if I worked them hard enough I can't see why not. Local Benz dealer offering $15k off 08' s550. The markets bad and no ones buying so might as well ask and see if anyone did get at invoice or near.
Old 11-12-08, 11:04 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Local Benz dealer offering $15k off 08' s550.
I got $16k off mine, and that was in July. Incentives from corporate are higher now, if the S is what you want.
Old 11-12-08, 11:06 AM
syswei
Pole Position

All depends on what part of the country you are looking at.

The market in California is now, and has always been, radically different from the rest of the country. There, and Florida.

Now that LX's are no longer by order only, we'll discount them. But anybody looking to buy our flagship SUV at invoice? Take a walk.
I am actually in CT, not CA or FL, yet my local dealer has 17 new LXs in stock. But as I said, I haven't tried making an offer quite yet. Maybe when the Dow hits 6000.
Old 11-12-08, 11:11 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Local dealer me offering $7k off sticker maybe if I worked them hard enough I can't see why not. Local Benz dealer offering $15k off 08' s550. The markets bad and no ones buying so might as well ask and see if anyone did get at invoice or near.
P.S. The following was posted on an MB board by a fellow who got an email from his MB dealer containing the following, among others:

2008 CL550 Sport (Save $22,730)
Black/Black Premium Leather
P2/iPod Kit
321 AMG Sport Pkg/Heated Steering Wheel
MSRP=$117,230
Selling Price $94,500

$1000 Down Mercedes-Benz Financial Lease 10,000 miles per year
36/mo $1,695 + tax
48/mo $1,618 + tax

2008 CL600 (Save $30,000)
Black
Black Exclusive Leather
19" 9 Double Spoke Wheel
iPod Kit
Burl Walnut Trim
MSRP=$152,910
Selling Price $122,910

$1000 Down Mercedes-Benz Financial Lease 10,000 miles per year
36/mo $2,465 + tax
48/mo $2,259 + tax
Old 11-12-08, 12:11 PM
boxed
Rookie

Originally Posted by syswei
I got $16k off mine, and that was in July. Incentives from corporate are higher now, if the S is what you want.

Hehe nice, I'm car shopping for my father. He's the one that sort of wamts to trade in his gx for the lx. I wouldn't mind a s class myself but I will be picking up an e55 soon early next year.
Old 11-12-08, 02:49 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Now that LX's are no longer by order only, we'll discount them. But anybody looking to buy our flagship SUV at invoice? Take a walk. That's a car we actually make money on.
Hmm, is it me or does this guy sound pretty arrogant?? You know, i am in Texas too...and with this dealer attitude, i will walk for sure. What dealer are you at?
Old 11-12-08, 08:05 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Hmm, is it me or does this guy sound pretty arrogant?? You know, i am in Texas too...and with this dealer attitude, i will walk for sure. What dealer are you at?
I'm arrogant? Why, because I won't just give a car away? Because I actually want to do my job, which is make money on cars? Because I will flat-out tell someone that invoice pricing is not available on our flagship SUV, which is moving at pretty regular clip here?

I'm happy to work a fair deal, but at invoice I make no money and the dealership makes very little, so forgive me if I am not that interested in dealing with that.

As for my dealership, not really important. Not looking to sell anyone a car.
Old 11-12-08, 09:01 PM
boxed
Rookie

Originally Posted by tigmd99
He proved himself.
Old 11-12-08, 09:08 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I really don't care, shocking as that may be to you.

A lot of people don't like me, generally when they get told something they don't want to hear.

Quick Reply: how much did you pay?