how do I ................ ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-08, 09:35 AM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I ................ ?

Hi all,

I'm enjoying my LX experience and now its time to do some mods. I would appreciate it if you guys would answer any of the below questions. Links would also help. I'm doing searching and so far not a thing but I will post if I found answers.

1- edited: How to turn off the seat built warning (seat built chime) ?

2- edited: How to open all the doors at once I touch the front door handle ?

3- edited: When I put the gear out of Park it locks all the doors. But when I put it back to park it doesn't open them back. How do I fix this ?

4- solved: some times when I try to open the trunk door it gives double beeps and refuse to open. whats wrong ?
Answer: You have to press unlock the doors button first.

5- solved: How can i open the back trunk door when I'm outside the car and using the smart card?
Answer: there is a handle above the number plate that can be used to unlock the trunk from outside. .

I tried some of the old lexus tricks but nothing worked ....

Last edited by ossme; 11-05-08 at 08:50 AM. Reason: putting answers to my questions
Old 11-02-08, 06:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ossme
Hi all,

I'm enjoying my LX experience and now its time to do some mods. I would appreciate it if you guys would answer any of the below questions. Links would also help. I'm doing searching and so far not a thing but I will post if I found answers.

1- How to turn off the seat built warning ?

2- How to open all the doors at once ?

3- When I'm moving the car shuts all the door but when I stop and put it back to park it does not open back the doors. How can I make it automatically open the doors or at least keep the doors open ?

4- some times when I try to open the trunk door it gives double beeps and refuse to open. whats wrong ?

5- How can i open the back trunk door when I'm outside the car and using the smart card?

I tried some of the old lexus tricks but nothing worked ....
1. do not understand "seat built warning. Are you talking about the seatbelt chime? It will go off after a while but Lexus really wants you to wear your seat belt.

2. you can unlock all of your doors at one time buy hitting the door unlock buttom on your key fob twice. If in you 570, the drivers unlock buttom unlocks all the doors.

3. you dealer can set this up to work anyway. Mine came from the factory so when I put my 570 into park, all door locks went into the unlocked mode. I had them change this to stay in locked when shifting into park.

4. if the 570 is running and the doors are locked, even having the fob in your pocket will not allow the back truck door to be unlocked and opened. You will need to either cut off the motor or open the drivers door and unlock the door before opening.

5. Again if the motor is running, the smart card is just like having the fob in your pocket. you need to either shut off the motor or reach inside the car and unlock the doors to open the rear door. Maybe there is a setting that your dealer can adjust but then again maybe not. Look in your manual and it list and describes the features that CAN be adjusted by the dealer.
Old 11-05-08, 08:08 AM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your help

1- Yes the seatbelt chime.. I never drive without my seatbelt but when I'm driving around my house I don't really use the seatbelt. Furthermore, there are a number of passengers that don't like to wear seatbelts (like my very old uncle).

2- I dont use the key fob and in all other cars I was able to make all doors unlock whenever I touch the front passenger door.

3- it should be. I took it to the dealer for 1000 service and they didn't know how to do it. They are pretty useless to say the least.

I will try to find solutions and post them if I found any.
Old 11-05-08, 10:31 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ossme
Thank you for your help

1- Yes the seatbelt chime.. I never drive without my seatbelt but when I'm driving around my house I don't really use the seatbelt. Furthermore, there are a number of passengers that don't like to wear seatbelts (like my very old uncle).

2- I dont use the key fob and in all other cars I was able to make all doors unlock whenever I touch the front passenger door.

3- it should be. I took it to the dealer for 1000 service and they didn't know how to do it. They are pretty useless to say the least.

I will try to find solutions and post them if I found any.
1. There is no defeating the seatbelt chime as Lexus would have liability if there was a way they could stop it. You could buckle the sealbelt before you get in and sit on it. Like I said after a few minutes the chime does stop and you only get a blinking light.

2. you should call Lexus or drop by they might be able to program the 570 to do this. there are many things they can change and will do them free of charge the first time. they might be able to make all doors unlock when you touch the handle.

3. ask them if they do not know or if it can not be done. If they do not know, tell them to get hold of Lexus and they will tell them how or if it can be done. You lexus dealer should be quite sensitive to your needs and requests. Remind them that you will get a delivery survey to fill out and your happyness can make alot of difference in the perks your dealer gets from Lexus. Push the point.

All else fails, email Lexus and describe what you want and the response you are getting from the dealer
Old 11-05-08, 10:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

#1 I have no idea if this will work for your LX, but the 2nd gen IS has a FAQ item posted on turning of the seatbelt alarm that's worked on some 2008 IS and GS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=28

Full thread here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...10#post1588110

#2 and #3, this is a personalization / customization your dealer should be able to make... this LPS list I've linked below is for the LX470 but should be similar (+ some) for yours. The 'push it twice' option as posted above works well to unlock all the doors, but if you want it to work automatically when you walk up to the car you'll need to have the personalization option set.

For #3, it's listed as an LPS for Door Lock #3.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/LX470_LPS.pdf

UPDATE, I just tried the URL for the LPS changing it for the 570 and it's there as well
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/LX570_LPS.pdf
You should just print this out, mark it like you want it and take it to the dealer. They should have done it during your 1000K visit... maybe the form will help them figure it out
Old 11-05-08, 11:05 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Most likely, you will have to take it to the dealer to turn off the seat belt warning. If you touch the rear door handle, it should unlock all the doors. You should have received a list of personal settings with your car. If not, ask the dealer for a list and check off what you want them to change...

Craig
Old 11-05-08, 03:27 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I do not think you will find any dealer who will disconnect the seat belt warning chime. The legal liability would prevent them from doing so.
Old 11-05-08, 03:29 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

[QUOTE=ossme;3970382]

Answer: there is a handle above the number plate that can be used to unlock the trunk from outside. .

I am sorry for not understanding that you did not know about the unlocking handle at the plate. <vbg>
Old 11-05-08, 06:29 PM
Craig B

I had the dealer disable my seat belt warning on my LS 460, no problem...

Craig
Old 11-06-08, 03:13 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Craig B

Craig
Well, I would say if you were involved in an accident and were not wearing your seatbelt, they would kinda look bad in court. It is a audible reminder to fasten your seatbelt which has now been turned off.

Enjoy!
Old 11-06-08, 04:52 PM
Craig B

I always wear my seatbelt, but sometimes a passenger doesn't put it on fast enough and the warning is annoying...

Craig
Old 11-07-08, 11:48 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I always wear my seatbelt, but sometimes a passenger doesn't put it on fast enough and the warning is annoying...

Craig
I agree I have ahd it happen to me too. It is really nice when the chime increases in speed!

But it does not anoy me enough to have the chime disconnected.
Old 11-07-08, 12:11 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig
If it is possible it would be an LPS setting change your dealer could do.The LS was the one of the first newer models that allowed the seatbelt chime to be shut off and I would guess that the LX can also do this.That is as long as it is a 570.
Old 08-05-10, 04:32 PM
ginsusc430
Driver School Candidate

Just put the damn belt on!! Lexus wants you to live to buy another one!