LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Problem with wheels/tires order with sewell lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 05:42 PM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with wheels/tires order with sewell lexus

About 2 weeks back, I made an inquiry with sewell lexus for 20" LX 570chrome wheels, tires and wheel caps with gold logo. I was told the wheels are in stock. Once they emailed the order page link to me, I placed an order (and paid) on June 12th.

After receiving my order & payment, they wrote back informing that the gold center cap logo would be extra $80 and take couple of days more. I requested them to add these without charge as this was not clarified earlier. They rejected the request and the email communication with them back and forth took a few days.

I finally called them on Tuesday (18th) to say that I am very keen to receive the wheels and would accept the wheels without the center caps logo in gold and that they should ship the order asap (preferably same day as they had the wheels in stock) to avoid further delays.

The lady said that the relevant person was off that day but agreed to ship the order the same day (Tuesday) or communicate with me via email if they couldnt ship it the same day.

I have since sent them 2 email reminders but no response yet.

I just checked my order status and it still says "in process".

I have purchased from them before and there were always very prompt. But their service is not the same and emails are not answered timely.

I have already paid them around $4300 for wheels, tires & shipping and am very disappointed with the response (or lack of) from sewell lexus.

If everything was communicated/clarified by them in a timely manner, I should've received the wheels/tires by now or probably in a couple of days. However, I just checked my email and there is no communication from them!

I am not posting here to complain but to have them listen to me as they are not responding to my emails and I originally got to know about them through this forum.

What should i do?
Old 06-20-08, 03:09 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

I would call them and climb up the chain of command until you get someone to ship your wheels. Is this a regular Lexus Dealer? If so go to Lexus and complain. I have never had anything except the best of services our of my dealer in Jacksonville.
Old 06-21-08, 07:01 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Hearing your experience, I wouldnt consider them for the "F" wheels. Not worth the trouble.
Sewell is a sponsor for ClubLexus.
Old 06-24-08, 11:22 PM
trusso
Pole Position

any resolution to this yet?
Old 06-28-08, 02:14 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received.

Thanks