LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

vibration revisited

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 11:07 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vibration revisited

Took it to Lexus...of course they cant reproduce it. They told me to keep an eye on it and see if i can give them more detailed information about it.

This is what I have experienced since then.

Vibration is felt from gas pedal and steering wheel.

Never felt if gas pedal is not depressed. In other words, if you let off the gas, it will go away.

Usually between 1500-2000 rpms. It is a rather rapidly stuttering vibration.

Usually felt when going less than 50mph.

I believe that it might seem to get more pronounced when going up hill, under stress---not sure about this, but I believe it to be true so far.

Can anyone tell me if they have similar experiences??????
Old 06-11-08, 03:00 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Torsen limited slip. 4runner, Gx and LC/LX have it as well...on GX has a fix for it.
Old 06-11-08, 03:23 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

When mine did it, it almost felt like all of a sudden several cylinders quit firing causing a vibration felt mostly in the stearing wheel. There was no lost of power so this is just what it felt like to me. It is likely a vibration that is not being dampened. Both the RPM and amount of power requested by the driver had to be just right to get mine to do it. I have even had a front seat passenger comment when my 570 did it with less than 1000 miles on the odo.

Mine did it a good bit the first 5000 miles but seemed to have stopped and yet, it did it for a brief time yesterday. It is not gone but it happens very seldom. I have tried to make it happen and was not able to do so.

There is no doubt from what you and others have described, we are all experiencing to exact same thing.
Old 06-13-08, 06:20 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

is it a normal characteristic of the truck, or is it a problem?
Old 06-13-08, 07:18 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
This is the Torsen limited slip. 4runner, Gx and LC/LX have it as well...on GX has a fix for it.
The problem with this "diagnosis" is that the previous TLC/LX did NOT have a Torsen center diff. If you mean the current TLC/LX, then please read on....

The GX/4runner "vibration" problem has to do with the driveshaft and rear suspension design. The TSB to fix this problem (for GX only) has to do with replacing the driveshaft AND components of the rear suspension. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TORSEN CENTER DIFFERENTIAL. The "vibration" is not really a vibration at all...it is a CLUNK when coming to a stop...so, the above "GX fix" does not apply to the original poster's problem.
Old 06-13-08, 10:01 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Remember, just to be on the save side, you can get a free alignment done for free before 1 year/12k miles.
Old 06-14-08, 04:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pemarsh
is it a normal characteristic of the truck, or is it a problem?
It was a common characteristic with mine until after about 5k and now happens rarely. I have mentioned it to my dealer at the 5K and he said he will check the service reports coming in. Forgot to persue him for an answer.

I can not see it as a problem with mine as it happens seldom. Others may be worst.
Old 07-20-08, 05:38 AM
black570
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pemarsh
Took it to Lexus...of course they cant reproduce it. They told me to keep an eye on it and see if i can give them more detailed information about it.

This is what I have experienced since then.

Vibration is felt from gas pedal and steering wheel.

Never felt if gas pedal is not depressed. In other words, if you let off the gas, it will go away.

Usually between 1500-2000 rpms. It is a rather rapidly stuttering vibration.

Usually felt when going less than 50mph.

I believe that it might seem to get more pronounced when going up hill, under stress---not sure about this, but I believe it to be true so far.

I'm new to this forum. Have had my LX570 for 2 months now (6,000 KM), and have experienced this vibration from the start. It was imperceptible at the beginning, but has since increased. It seems to have stabilized though. Your description matches what I experience now exactly. The dealer said it was normal behavior, but I'm doubtful considering the price range and competition. I asked to drive another LX to verify for myself, but they have none. LX's sell so fast here that they have none on display, and they have no demos. Amazing isn't it.
Old 07-20-08, 06:49 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

mine is still the same.
it is NOT normal behavior in my opinion. I have never felt any such vibration on numerous high end SUV's I have had before.

If enough people make a stink about it, Lexus will admit up to it....just like the air conditioned seats....a total joke.
Old 07-20-08, 07:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Did Lexus promiss ac seats?
Old 07-20-08, 02:28 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

All I know is what the Cadillac Escalade was like. That had actual air blowing out of the seats. Also, one of the Lexus sedans I drove for a day as a loaner had AC seats...and that was very nice.

These seats are a joke. Full blast on and you cant tell any difference if you are sitting on the seat. If you are not sitting on the seat, there is a bit of coolness. I put a very thin piece of cheap tissue on the seat, cranked it up to full...and it never even gave a little bit of movement.
When you get off the seat with the seat AC cranked to full, it feels no cooler than the other seat without its air being on at all.
Old 07-21-08, 03:35 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

The Cads seat are forced AC and the 570 seats are passive. I agree with you that with as many AC vents that reside in the 570 cabin, they could have used a couple for forced AC to the front row seats.

I have gone back to the advertising for the 570 and see little or few promisses about this.

As far as the vibration I feel mine rarely and it's intensity is diminshed in comparison to when it was new. I have 9500 miles and will mention the vibration to service next week when it goes in.
Old 07-21-08, 06:59 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

passive? can you tell me how that works in the Lexus?? I understand passive in its term, but not how it applies to the ac seats.

Thanks...

Perry
Old 07-22-08, 03:22 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

It does NOT work. Lexus has made no claims of it working. The do not advertise that it will work. You have not be "cheated" out of anything except what you "thought" you were entitled to get.

If you wish to still beat this dead horse, you will have to do it alone as no one else is complaining except you.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 07-22-08 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-22-08, 10:44 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

easy there sir....no reason to get all upset there...just a chat board here. Sharing ideas.
All I know is they are supposed to be climate controlled seats...with a "cold function"...thought that meant the seats would......well, get cold.

Last edited by pemarsh; 07-22-08 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: vibration revisited