LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

3rd row

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 08:02 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Realistically, nobody is going to sit in the third row other than children or someone on a very short trip.

We've had the 3rd row seats out of our LX for almost its entire life. We installed them twice briefly when family was in town but otherwise, they're dead weight so they come out and go in a spare bedroom closet.

I actually like the option of taking the seats out and am grateful that unlike the design in the Tahoe, I can fold the third row against the window and still put our dog crate in the back when we need to.

Is it the most user friendly design? No. But it's not a problem for us.

Finally, while I like the new power third row in the LX570 I'm a little bummed that you can't remove the seats all together anymore. That would free up some space, save some weight, and likely improve performance. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old 03-13-08, 04:07 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

I am going to look a little closed this weekend. I am betting they still could be removable. They do not get in my way but I bet they weigh near 75lbs each!

I know the one that came out of my 470 were heavy!
Old 03-13-08, 11:12 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I am going to look a little closed this weekend. I am betting they still could be removable. They do not get in my way but I bet they weigh near 75lbs each!

If you can accomplish that task I"ll buy you lunch at Wendy's or BK of your choice.
I'm a big spender !!

The lack of room in the back is a road block for me in purchasing the LX570.
I just need the extra space for my large Rottweilers.

BTW, tomorrow I am getting a set of Michelin's Latitude Tour HP for my LX470 from my Lexus dealer size 275X60X18, finally I'll be able to get rid off the Dunlops.
Old 03-13-08, 03:30 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Somewhere I read that the Landcruiser is removable but you need tools. So I am assuming you can with the LX but they are power unlike the LC so maybe no
Old 03-13-08, 04:26 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Somewhere I read that the Landcruiser is removable but you need tools. So I am assuming you can with the LX but they are power unlike the LC so maybe no

If the TLC 3rd row seats are removable, I presume that unplugging the power on the LX should be a cinch. Maybe just a simple male/female plug.

I sure hope that you read correctly, that is what is holding me back from purchasing the LX570.
Old 03-14-08, 10:04 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrott
If the TLC 3rd row seats are removable, I presume that unplugging the power on the LX should be a cinch. Maybe just a simple male/female plug.

I sure hope that you read correctly, that is what is holding me back from purchasing the LX570.
There still isnt enough room if you move the 2nd row up all the way?
Old 03-14-08, 12:27 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Christo Slee sent this to me in regards to removing the 3rd row seats in the 200 LC. The LX shouldn't be too much different....

"It is not that complicated, but you need to undo the side panels to disconnect the cable that runs from the lever (in the side panel) to the seats. The rest just unbolt. It is not a quick in and out setup, but not complicated."
Old 03-14-08, 01:01 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
There still isnt enough room if you move the 2nd row up all the way?
I was thinking more about width instead of length.
Removing the 3rd row seating and their brackets will increase at least 4" to 5" on each side, maybe a whole foot to me that would be excellent.

The LC/LX owners are very enterprising folks I am quite sure someone will arrive to a solution very soon.
Old 03-14-08, 03:15 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

If you can accomplish that task I"ll buy you lunch at Wendy's or BK of your choice.
I'm a big spender !!

The lack of room in the back is a road block for me in purchasing the LX570.
I just need the extra space for my large Rottweilers.

BTW, tomorrow I am getting a set of Michelin's Latitude Tour HP for my LX470 from my Lexus dealer size 275X60X18, finally I'll be able to get rid off the Dunlops.
You got a deal. I am going to look closer on Sat. I like extra onions!

I am still on the Dunlops but know I can get the Michelins via special order. I have just not done it yet. Guess I am getting some money worth out of the Dunlops. They have not misbehaved, I just like the Michelins. Let me know what you think!

Rottweilers, yes I understand, they are big and would love the extra room. It is possible the process is too messy and I do not want to do what can not be undone. Will let you know with a few pictures if I can.
Old 03-14-08, 05:36 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

You got a deal. I am going to look closer on Sat. I like extra onions!

I am still on the Dunlops but know I can get the Michelins via special order. I have just not done it yet. Guess I am getting some money worth out of the Dunlops. They have not misbehaved, I just like the Michelins. Let me know what you think!

Rottweilers, yes I understand, they are big and would love the extra room. It is possible the process is too messy and I do not want to do what can not be undone. Will let you know with a few pictures if I can.
Ok, you are on.

I really don't have any complains about the Dunlops, just like you I prefer the Michelin.
I ordered thru my local Lexus dealer this way they are responsible for the mounting, balancing and alignment , I am quite sure that I paid extra pesos.
Old 03-14-08, 10:37 PM
trusso
Pole Position

we have a 95 lb Bernese that takes up the passenger seat.
My wife destroys our LX...
Old 03-15-08, 05:46 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
we have a 95 lb Bernese that takes up the passenger seat.
My wife destroys our LX...
Please, explain " my wife destroy our LX ".

Did she had an accident ? Is she OK ??

My oldest male Rottie is 136 lbs., he is just a big baby and he thinks that he is a tiny doggie and loves to jump in my lap while I am napping.
Old 03-15-08, 05:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Ok, you are on.

I really don't have any complains about the Dunlops, just like you I prefer the Michelin.
I ordered thru my local Lexus dealer this way they are responsible for the mounting, balancing and alignment , I am quite sure that I paid extra pesos.
Well that gives me an idea to ask mine if thjey can get them. I am a little warry to take my baby to Sun Tire after seeing their changing equipment. Yep, we both know that Lexus has to make a living, too!
Old 03-15-08, 06:04 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Well that gives me an idea to ask mine if thjey can get them. I am a little warry to take my baby to Sun Tire after seeing their changing equipment. Yep, we both know that Lexus has to make a living, too!
That's exactly why I went to my Lexus dealer.

They kept the LX overnight I'll pick her up after my wife and I go out to breakfast.

The final tally for 4 sets of Michelin Latitude Tour HP, plus mounting, plus balancing, plus alignment and full detailing is; drum roll please, $1594.
Old 03-15-08, 12:08 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

I just need to describe the feeling of driving the LX with the new Michelins

ssssssssWWWWWWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt

wow wow what a difference !!!!!

Fantastic !!!

Quick Reply: 3rd row