LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Only complaint about my LX570

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 03:22 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Only complaint about my LX570

Might seem petty but I, at last, loaded up the CD player with 4 disks. The volume level of the CD player is so low there must be something wrong.

Normal volume level for the radio is 15-20 while to obtain the same volume while in the CD mode takes 45-50!

Hope there is an adjustment for the input volume. My darn home entertaiment center at home does that same thing! It is not too hard to turn the volume up but BOY, if you forget to turn it down when going from CD to FM radio, the volume near blows the windows out!

Would Lexus know what to do or should I go to the ML website? (if they have one)
Old 02-05-08, 06:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

they have a ML website but I dont know what it will do for troubleshooting
Old 02-05-08, 09:25 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Might seem petty but I, at last, loaded up the CD player with 4 disks. The volume level of the CD player is so low there must be something wrong.

Normal volume level for the radio is 15-20 while to obtain the same volume while in the CD mode takes 45-50!

Hope there is an adjustment for the input volume. My darn home entertaiment center at home does that same thing! It is not too hard to turn the volume up but BOY, if you forget to turn it down when going from CD to FM radio, the volume near blows the windows out!

Would Lexus know what to do or should I go to the ML website? (if they have one)

Greg, try the dealer. That has been my haven for questions.
Is it a CD that you recorded?maybe at a low level?
I noticed that CD's, XM, movies all see to play at different volumes. Then when I plug in my iPod into the jack, it CRANKS !!
All digital and amazing sound and clarity, almost like a different system. It also lets me turn the volume all the up on the iPod too.
Old 02-05-08, 12:55 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I think, by the fact that your home entertainment center doing the same thing, you have recorded the cd's at a lower rate kbs rate. try re-burning them at a higher rate, it should make it louder. Usually the radio is quieter than cd's.
Old 02-05-08, 03:03 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

These are factory CDs, not recorded by me. Today I move the music onto the built in hard drive. When I play back from the hard drive it is a little louder but still required over twice the volume level to get the volume that the FM radio produces. I have posted a question at the ML site and await a reply. I will also go to my dealer and see what they have to offer.

I need to get the proper cable to use my iPod Touch with the AUX input. I would assume that my iPod volume level would vary the level being input into this AUX connection as the cable hooks up to the headphone jack does it not? OR does the cable plug inot the bottom of the iPod?

Anyway still all a minor problem here but I would like to get it fixed as I was really looking forward to the additional features of the ML system the 470 did not offer.
Old 02-05-08, 03:05 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I think, by the fact that your home entertainment center doing the same thing, you have recorded the cd's at a lower rate kbs rate. try re-burning them at a higher rate, it should make it louder. Usually the radio is quieter than cd's.
These are factory CDs. When I say my home system does the same thing, I mean that volume levels are not the same going from one piece of equipment to another. My BluRay player is quite loud compared to the FM radio with the TV falling somewhere in between.
Old 02-05-08, 09:44 PM
trusso
Pole Position

wait til you get it sorted out, youll be very happy with it.
The iPod thing amazes me though, lots of loud, clear sounds. It blew me away..
Old 02-06-08, 12:17 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
wait til you get it sorted out, youll be very happy with it.
The iPod thing amazes me though, lots of loud, clear sounds. It blew me away..
I am getting no response from ML so I have gone to Lexus.

I understand on a home system whre I buy different componets from different MFGs but this ML system comes as a package and there is not much excuse for the volume levels to be so different from one mode to the next!
Old 02-06-08, 12:35 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Something is wrong with your system...if anything, it should be the other way around...CD sound should be louder while radio is lower. Hell, even in my Sienna's JBL system, the sound is corrected according to source.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-08, 12:43 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Lexus says they should be the same or so close you could not tell they were not the same. I think the "adjustments" were wrong or not made at the factory at teh SAT radio requires twice the volume level for the say amount of sound coming out of the speakers.

I will not worry too much untill the 5k service but this is not acceptable to me.

My ML system in my LX470 had no change in volume from one mode to the next
Old 02-06-08, 01:19 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Could this be early sign of the amplifier going bad?? Didn't the GS 2nd gen have bad ML amplifiers when it first came out?? Don't quote me, but i think that the initial sign of it going bad was that the sound was all over the place. Could this be the same? Maybe you got the bad seed amplifier/DSP unit...in which case, it would be a simple switch out of the bad amp/dsp for a new one.
Old 02-06-08, 02:10 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

if it helps theres no volume issues when I change my ML from MP3 to radio or vice versa on my car.
Old 02-06-08, 02:48 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Thanks everyone. Lexus wants me to bring it in so I can demonstrate the problem. I told my service person to contact ML and explain my problem. I would drop by in the next day or so to give him hands on for the problem. This will give them some time to find out what is wrong and have either a repair method or replacement at my 5K service.
Old 02-06-08, 07:13 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ make sure they give you a free loaner.
Old 02-07-08, 03:18 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrott
^^^ make sure they give you a free loaner.
Lexus of Jacksonville has never failed to give me a loaner! One of the nice perks of being a Lexus Owner. I can not complain about the service. We have a Infinity in the family and I HATE going to the Infinity dealer. They approach rude as far as I am concerned

Quick Reply: Only complaint about my LX570