LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Review LX570 - Thousand Oaks, California

Old 02-01-08, 03:33 PM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Review LX570 - Thousand Oaks, California

All,

As a current owner of a nearly new 2007 Cadillac Escalade, I had a chance to test drive a LX570 at Lexus of Thousand Oaks. (Thanks to Paul ..great guy).

I am doing a lemon law on my Escalade and getting an LX570.

Here is my review and driving impressions.
I'll try to be as objective as possible.

Style..... Escalade is much better in terms of looks (and offeres more bling factor). LX is more conserative like a Range Rover (very classy)
winner ..Escalade

Engine...Escalade engine is definately more powerful with more torque. Lexus engin is much smoother, with more refinement, very quiet engine. Escalade enginer and transmission feels like it came from a pcikup truck (unrefined)
Winner.... Lexus

Transmission...Esclaade transmission shifts quickly, but not very smooth. It also shifts harshly most of the time. Feels very unrefinined. Like a truck transmission. Lexus tranny is butterly smooth, you can't feel the shifts.
Winner...Lexus

Handeling ...Escalade has tighter steering and slightly better handeling. Lexus has a more luxorious feel, more isolated feel from the road.
Winner.... Tie (matter of individual choice)

Suspension .... Escalade ride is great in city, and tight on the highway (very firm on the highway). Lexus rides smooth in both city and highway. Lexus is a little soft on the highway.
Winner...Tie (Escalade smoother in city but rough (tight)on highway, Lexus smoother overall in both city and highway (little too soft)

Road Noise/Cabin Noise .... Escalade has lots of wind and road noise, which makes it feel unpolished and unrefined with a very loud cabin. Lexus is quiet and tight.
Winner...Lexus.

Quality .... dont get me started. Escalade interior is very nicely done, but the materials are very cheap. Like it was assembled with the lowest bidder. Lexus used only the highest quality materials, excellent fit and finish.

Size & Romminess .... Escalade is much larger with good room for both the second and third row, with lots of room to spare for groceries in the back. Lexus is much smaller. Third row is only for kids on both cars. Very little rear cargo room in Lexus. (They should have streched it a bit more).
Winner .... Escalade

Price .. Escalade is available with deep discounts. Lexus is selling for sticker.
Winner ... take the Lexus ..you won't be sorry.

Thanks...hope this helps.

Thanks,
UZY
Old 02-01-08, 06:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for your impressions, vipermann1! Definitely interesting as I imagine quite a few customers will be cross-shopping both the Escalade and LX 570. It seems both have their merits, but on the luxury basis the LX takes the edge (except for overall volume). The LX size is intended to not sacrifice its off-road ability, according to reviews I've read, particularly the placement of the rear wheels. The interior furnishings, etc., are quite nice looking in pictures.
Old 02-02-08, 05:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

Nice review. I did test drive the Escalade before I bought my 570. The Escalade shouted "bling" but as you said was very cheap inside with poor fit and finish inside and out.

To me the Escalade is so typical for a USA product. The reason I invest in Lexus!
Old 02-02-08, 07:56 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

The 20 hp and 14 lb-ft isn’t making the acceleration difference rather the 300lb difference in weight. The 5.7L also has a fatter power curve.

However on the Escalade Platinum you can get a leather wrapped dash.

Old 02-02-08, 09:14 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an Escalade in '04 and had so many problems with it.
I remember the night I was having brake problems right after a body cladding panel fell off, I called my Lexus salesperson and ordered my first LX from the parking lot I was having the brake problems from. Caddy was in the shop 6+ times in 2 years for warranty issues. Out of 5 Lexus automobiles I've owned maybe 2 times total for anything besides regular service.
Nothing blinged like the Caddy though however I don't want my family to be in a car that looks like it fell out of a rap video.
Old 02-02-08, 11:09 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

What an interesting thread!! For several months, I was trying to convince myself to purchase the Escalade (Time to give up my 04 LX470). Every time I saw the escalade, it caught my eye and turned my head. The styling is second to none in my opinion. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive about its reputation as a blingmobile. I test drove this 4 times...twice I had it for a couple hours.
My first impression is that it rode rough and very loud (both the engine itself, and wind noise). You really felt the road. The other impression is WOW--this thing is fast. But for me, it was fast not in a good way; everyday driving was just the same as any other SUV more or less. To experience the massive acceleration, just press that accelerator down further...and BAM...you took off like a rocket. Very abrupt. Very unrefined. Very loud. Not my style.

The seats...very comfortable.
But, no dual dimming outside side mirrors, no electronic steering wheel tilt, no telescoping steering wheel at all. Plastic galore on the inside, atleast compared to Lx470. No bluetooth!! No ipod integration. No LO 4wd. No off road capability really. The list goes on.

The one reason above all why I did not get it, was the exterior wind noise. What an issue it is---very very loud. I have never driven ANY vehicle with such wind noise. A shame. Go to any escalade forum, and search "wind noise"...all the threads speak for itself. Also, service. I just did not like my shopping experience with cadillac nearly as much as Lexus. Lexus service, no matter what aspect, is best.

Now, I must say, the picture above with this platinum package is nice. I do like it, a lot. Much more appealing than the regular escalade version.

However, I already have my Lexus Lx570 on order, and can not wait to get it!! Refinement, luxury, service, reliability, durability...that is Lexus. Styling...that I have to say is Cadillac...and thats about it.
Old 02-02-08, 11:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For comparison's sake here's a similar-res shot of the LX 570 dash, naturally with different trim level:

Old 02-03-08, 05:27 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

Nice indeed! I take another 570!
Old 02-03-08, 07:26 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

What's to compare ?

The Escalade has nothing over the LX570.
Old 02-03-08, 07:34 AM
trusso
Pole Position

The Caddy looks nice but the radio area in the center tower looks a little cheap. You can't really bash it too much. It's a good looking SUV.
Does anyone know if they are still on a truck chassis rather than something specific to GM's SUV group?
Old 02-04-08, 04:08 PM
BobsGX
Racer

What's with Caddy using that old fashioned shifter mounted on the steering column? Reminds me of an old Caddy from the 60's or a current rental Impala.
Very cheap.
Old 02-04-08, 05:01 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

^^^ i used to say the same thing, but now benz and bmw are going it, so i guess that makes it ok jk, the only thing i ask is that they have the option of having a shifter in the middle, or at leasty have the column shifter a bit smaller
Old 02-04-08, 05:02 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrott
What's to compare ?

The Escalade has nothing over the LX570.
I'm not so sure. IMHO, I prefer the exterior of the Escalade over the LX570.

However, the interior of the LX570 is top notch. A combo of the Escalade's exterior plus the LX's interior would be my perfect SUV.
Old 02-04-08, 05:40 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I am confused...you guys are criticizing the Escalade's interior and prefer the LX's...well, that is NOT fair is it considering the LX's premium price??? The question is...IF Caddy made a SUV in the LX price range, can they make a better interior than the LX??

I will tell you that the new CTS interior is better than Lexus IS350 and Lexus ES350's interior...that is apples to apples.
Old 02-04-08, 06:35 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

im sry but i like the is350 interior more then the icts interior, call me crazy, but i like the 3 series interior more to

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review LX570 - Thousand Oaks, California