LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 a little dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 03:12 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Lexusrott, double stitching is a sign of quality construction whether you like it or not. This is why fine leather is double stitched. It adds strength and durability. Most (if not all) leather steering wheel is double stitched...why?? Same reasons. Down the road when you're way past the warranty period, you may appreciate double stitching vs. single stitching.

I agree that the lack of privacy glass is odd...and hopefully, is not a sign of further cost cutting. I really don't get this one.

Earlier today I was in a rush and could not answer in length.

As I mentioned before, most of time we have big, heavy, and rambunctious dogs that have claws, jumping in and out of the vehicles and never have had any tears of the stitching or on the materials, either cloth, vinyl or leather.
From the visual point of view, double stitching looks a lot better.
I have not noticed Toyota/Lexus cost cutting because honestly I was not looking. I need to pay attention and I will.
My wife drives a 2006 LS430 and I drive the '06 LX470 , the seat comfort and the interior appointments are greater on her LS than on my LX.
Old 02-11-08, 06:16 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my 570 for a month and a half now. The concerns all brought up (double sticthing, no HID's, cheap interior, overpriced, no tint, etc) are (I believe) by people who has seen one at a dealership, but has not purchased one.
I bought it and am thrilled and sure enough would make a few changes but alltogether it's a pretty amazing automobile.
If you don't like what's available to the public, go build something custom. My wife wants a reliable custom "new" and "modernized" mid-80's Suburban with a modern interior and restored like new (she said "like a new car"). If you build a car, you can get double stitching, HID's, whatever interior you want, etc. The price for this is $150,000++ and no car warranty !
I say that if you really want a "custom automobile", go ahead and pay that much for it. The LX570 seems like a "deal" at whatever it costs.

I passed Range Rovers like they were standing still on the way to the mountains this weekend. Gobs of power uphill!!!!
Old 02-11-08, 07:15 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

trusso

Congratulations !!
Old 02-11-08, 09:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Its not just Lexus. Its all Toyota's for that matter. Toyota is on an ambitious cost cutting effort to squeeze as much margin as they can out of their cars and trucks.

I have never seen so much negative press about Toyota as I have the last year or two.

1. Tundra/Sequioa cheap interiors.
2. Camry removed from recommended list on CR.
3. Single stitch seats in Lexus.
4. expose seat frame anchors
5. Lx570 gets rid of power rear windows
6. Leather wrapped grab handles in the LX are gone and now use plastic

Did I mention that Toyota cars sales have stalled...January they sold less than the year before.

Those are just a few to mention. Toyota has added alot of features to their vehicles and have done some great things to their cars but they are also cutting costs here and there to hike their margins.
Well one month doesn't make a trend. Toyota has had month after month of records for years now. It ends eventually. Also everyone had a tough January for the most part.

As for quality, Toyota/Lexus has acknowledged it and promises to fix things and has quality back to being #1. Its hard expanding and trying to cut costs. I expect the next vehicles and updates to have these changes.

Read this for what they are doing to fix quality, great read!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=335431

Article - Lexus dealers' No. 1 priority: Making sure quality is not an issue
Old 02-11-08, 09:25 PM
LexFather

Oh and guys, please post with the thought in mind this is a LX forum and we do have owners in here. Thanks!
Old 02-12-08, 11:34 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Hey guys. If anyone is considering a Lx570 or LC I driven both. Here is a review of the LC.

First off. Absolutely outstanding.

Many people have recently viewed my thougths on the Lexus Lx570 and how I was dissappointed. Well, with the LC I have to say Toyota hit a homerun with the LC.

I think the interior is a little better than the Lexus IMO. If ones sits in the LX after the LC. You will noticed where Toyota did not upgrade the interior from LC status. It does not feel as cost cut as the LX as it feels like geniune Toyota upscale product. The seats are premium Tundra leather which are little softer and a little smoother but not as smooth as the LX. The LC seats were just a comfortable as the LX. Door panels are well put together with soft upper door plastic while looks like Tundra doors but does not feel like them. The door panel look like there is more thought in the design than the LX with double stiched leather. .

Overall I had no problem with the JBL radio. I must say that I have never really cared for the stereo in cars and this was not bad. I know JBL has a negative rap with there stereos and the 4runner is not that great but in LC I had no problems.

The centre stack is well done. Nav is easy to use and everything is well integrated. I do like the fact that there are (low, I, med, I, hi) ranges for the settings that where labeled with with lo, med, hi. Another nice touch that I like was the beep you hear when change individual temps on the front dash, There are not a lot of useless buttons in the centre stack and everthing just feels rock solid to the touch. All switches have a function are all within reach. The windows slow down when closing like the LX and LS. The front seats are comfy however Toyota did not include the seat extender like the Lx or Tundra. The inner door pulls are double sided with a hard silver outside but preferated leather inside.

On the road the power from the 5.7 is incredible. Shifting smooth and rev the engine is nothing short of amazing. There is no shortage of power. VVTi engine really are the way to go and dual VVT is even better. My test drive LC is a USA version so my MPG displayed showed a pathetic 11.2 MPG in city driving. Brakes are firm and stop the LC with no troubles. The ride feels like a well tuned truck.

Couple things I noticed. There is a vibration around 1800rpm (not noticed on the LX) that is similar to the 4runner/Gx which is likely the centre differential. Also the frame like the LX did not feel as rock solid as I thought. There is no half done rear power seat fold or middle row power. Also, there is no cooling in the seats.

Overall, well done interior. Incredible powertrain and kind of exclusive in that there are not a lot on the road. Also, I like the fact that this is one of the rare SUV that have retangular fog lights.

Well done Toyota. I have pics if anyone would like to see them.

Last edited by pagemaster; 02-12-08 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 11:43 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Actually, i kinda disagree with your pagemaster...i thought that the LX interior was definitely better. The horrible fake wood on the LC was unbelievable for a vehicle of that price range! The fake wood on the steering wheel has a crease (one on top and one on bottom) where the two plastic wood pieces snap together....you can feel it as you steer. The fake grain itelf was just horrible...there is no way anyone can mistake this for real wood! Seriously, i thought that Toyota should throw away the fake wood and just put in fake aluminum...at least, it would be more pleasing to the eye. Sadly, i thought that my Sienna's fake wood (which i am not a big fan of) looked a whole lot better than LC's!!

Hell, just the wood alone would make me jump to LX!

I really don't get the cooler in the center console...i would rather them just make a big console where i can put in my laptop and whatnots in it. If i needed a place to cool my soft drinks, then i would bring a cooler...i don't need an integrated cooler that destroys storage space.

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-12-08 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-12-08, 12:47 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE]
Actually, i kinda disagree with your pagemaster...i thought that the LX interior was definitely better. The horrible fake wood on the LC was unbelievable for a vehicle of that price range! The fake wood on the steering wheel has a crease (one on top and one on bottom) where the two plastic wood pieces snap together....you can feel it as you steer. The fake grain itelf was just horrible...there is no way anyone can mistake this for real wood! Seriously, i thought that Toyota should throw away the fake wood and just put in fake aluminum...at least, it would be more pleasing to the eye. Sadly, i thought that my Sienna's fake wood (which i am not a big fan of) looked a whole lot better than LC's!!

Hell, just the wood alone would make me jump to LX!

QUOTE]
Wood never bothered me one bit. Wood interiors have never really bothered. I like the LX, LC, first gen Tundra (fake) wood all the same. I think wood is very subjective because everyone like one better than the other. My dad for example hated the light colored wood in the Toyota Avalon beige interior and istead opted for a darker wood and darker interior color. Now in 2008 the Avalon wood is even darker. I for one cant stand the wood for the GX on the 08 model and like the old wood better.

As for the Sienna. Not a big fan of the wood in it but it really would not no sway in whether I purchased a vehicle or not. JMO. Also, the LC can be had without wood if I am correct.

I really don't get the cooler in the center console...i would rather them just make a big console where i can put in my laptop and whatnots in it. If i needed a place to cool my soft drinks, then i would bring a cooler...i don't need an integrated cooler that destroys storage space.[/
Cooler box was always available on the 100 series in overseas markets. HID where also available in middle east Lx470 at one point. They have just recently brought it over.

I agree though it is a bit of a waist of space seeing that the glove compartment is a little small . They at least should move the cooler box to the middle row or offer captain chair rear seats with the cooler box in the middle.
Old 02-12-08, 12:54 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Hi tigmd99

I agree whole wholeheartedly with your statement.

From, " Actually i kinda " right thru the very end, " storage space. "
Old 02-12-08, 12:56 PM
tigmd99
Racer

[QUOTE=pagemaster;3272642]
Also, the LC can be had without wood if I am correct.

offer captain chair rear seats with the cooler box in the middle.
I think that the fake wood is standard on Land Cruiser. The wood-leather steering wheel is optional. You're right though...it's personal taste, but darn it, i really dislike the LC's fake wood! It looks so fake that i would not even like it if it was in an econobox. (I would actually prefer the fake wood in my Corolla over the one in LC!)

Your suggestion about captain rear seats along with cooler box is pretty cool.

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-12-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 01:01 PM
flyfishman
Driver

Leather steering wheel is standard on the LC. Fake wood is an option. But, am I getting this right? Are people really making $80K decisions b/c of wood on a friggin' steering wheel. Wowza.

Last edited by flyfishman; 02-12-08 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 01:06 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by flyfishman
Am I getting this right? People are making $80K decisions b/c of wood on a friggin' steering wheel. Only in America.
Well, for $75,000 of your hard-earned money (price of LC), wouldn't you want perfection or close to perfection?? If we're talking about $18,000 dollar Corolla, then i certainly would not be so critical...as i am not with my little Corolla. I doubt that Americans are the only one in the world who demand equipments/materials to be on par with asking price. Do you see this differently??

So, you're telling me that it does not bother you one bit that a $75,000 car has horrible fake wood all over it's interior, yet a $30,000 dollar car (ES350 for example) has beautiful real wood?? I know that i would...but then again, i am an American citizen, so nevermind.

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-12-08 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 01:08 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by flyfishman
Leather steering wheel is standard on the LC. Fake wood is an option. But, am I getting this right? Are people really making $80K decisions b/c of wood on a friggin' steering wheel. Wowza.
No, the fake wood interior is standard on the LC. The ONLY thing that is optional is the fake wood-leather steering wheel. Again, if you do not get this option, then yes, you have an all-leather steering with an all-fake wood interior. You really do need to go see LC in person to understand what i am talking about. The fake wood is on the doors, dash, and center console...STANDARD. The steering wheel is optional.

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-12-08 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 01:22 PM
flyfishman
Driver

Ok, fair enough, but I would hardly make my decision on a vehicle b/c of it. Just me. They have to differentiate the LX somehow or it won't sell to the fancier crowd.

I do see that the upgrade pkg does make it an option on the steering wheel and shift lever. Had no idea rest of car was decked out in it as a standard feature.

Upgrade Package -- includes voice-activated DVD navigation system [1], backup camera [2], Bluetooth® [3] wireless technology, integrated audio and climate controls, JBL® AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD/DVD changer, 14 speakers, FM diversity reception and adjustable power antenna, power tilt/telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood-grain-style trim inserts, integrated audio, multi-function display, voice-activated navigation [1] and Bluetooth® [3] controls, leather-wrapped shift lever with wood-grain-style insert, rear-seat DVD entertainment system with 9-inch display, driver and front passenger pre-crash active seatbelt pretensioning system, center-console cooler box [4], second-row multi-stage seat heaters, color-keyed rear spoiler, headlamp washers
Old 02-12-08, 02:51 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Well, for $75,000 of your hard-earned money (price of LC), wouldn't you want perfection or close to perfection?? If we're talking about $18,000 dollar Corolla, then i certainly would not be so critical...as i am not with my little Corolla. I doubt that Americans are the only one in the world who demand equipments/materials to be on par with asking price. Do you see this differently??

So, you're telling me that it does not bother you one bit that a $75,000 car has horrible fake wood all over it's interior, yet a $30,000 dollar car (ES350 for example) has beautiful real wood?? I know that i would...but then again, i am an American citizen, so nevermind.
If you think that $75k buys you automotive perfection . . . well you do not get out often.

AUtomotive perfection is not even approached until you are in the $300k and above range.

Quick Reply: LX570 a little dissappointing