LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

DVD Entertainment System Question

Old 01-18-08, 03:41 PM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Entertainment System Question

Does anyone no if you can hookup a xbox or playstation to the DVD entertainment system ?
Old 01-18-08, 10:04 PM
JessePS

I do not see why not. Just wish it had HDMI connectors though.
Old 01-19-08, 05:51 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, you can because there are video/audio connections in the back of the front console...but, if LX is like the Land Cruiser, there is not an AC plug nearby...you have to get extension to the cargo area where there is one. The new Sequoia has an AC plug and video/audio connections in the back of the front console, which makes more sense.
Old 01-19-08, 07:30 AM
cheffron
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I didn't remember seeing either video or power connections on the back of the console when I had a brief look. I'll look again when I can get there without the kids.
Old 01-23-08, 09:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

The poster is right but they are not easy to find. They are kinda "under" the back of the center console. The AC is at the back door on the driver side. Perfect for me as I use my laptop alot in the field on the back tailgate!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 01-23-08 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-25-08, 04:31 PM
aegis666
Driver School Candidate

Default DVD changer?

I have a 2003 LX 470. On the Lexus entertainment/DVD system that we had dealer-installed for it, you insert DVD's by adding them to a changer that is mounted near the rear hatch. Needless to say this is rather inconvenient.

On the new 570, how do you insert the DVDs for the overhead rear entertainment system? Is there a slot in the overhead unit, or is there a separate changer somewhere else in the vehicle? In the Mercedes GX, it's under the right hand side of the first row of back seats, which is still pretty inconvenient, but not as bad.

I was hoping you could just insert the DVD's right into the player.

Also, is the sound from the overhead DVD player hardwired into the audio system, or does it use an FM modulator?
Old 01-26-08, 05:25 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

It is sad as I have not even looked at my DVD player. I will figure out how to pull the screen down and where to insert the disks today. I will even take a few images. The connections for gaming are behind a door on the back of the center console
Old 01-26-08, 12:59 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Well got a few minutes to get in the back seat and figured out how to get the screen to lower. Only the remote in the rear center console can loker the screen and adjust to the nagle of your choice. This remote controls everything.

Now if I could find where to insert the DVD disk! The manual say to insert the DVD disk in the slot. What slot? I have looked all around the ceiling unit, even in the back storage area and no slot for DVD! <VBG> WIll look more Sunday.
Old 01-26-08, 01:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How interesting...in the RX, the DVD disk goes right into the slot next to the fold-down screen. Maybe the new LX system is like the international LS RSES, where it plays DVD movies that are inserted into the standard front audio system DVD changer.
Old 01-26-08, 04:23 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

The slot at the radio/navigation system is the only one I can find.

I will know more tomm.
Old 01-27-08, 08:33 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DVD changer LX570

Greg,
I have had my LX for about a month now and am loving it.
DVD is the front changer where you put the CD's. Once you load a DVD it wont go to the hard drive like the CD's.
I needed to go to the dealership for them to show how to have the headphones work seperately from the car audio (audio output if I remember right), I sat in there for an hour trying to make it work.
Kids love watching the navigation in the rear as we drive.
Old 01-28-08, 04:24 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
Greg,
I have had my LX for about a month now and am loving it.
DVD is the front changer where you put the CD's. Once you load a DVD it wont go to the hard drive like the CD's.
I needed to go to the dealership for them to show how to have the headphones work seperately from the car audio (audio output if I remember right), I sat in there for an hour trying to make it work.
Kids love watching the navigation in the rear as we drive.
Glad to hear as I have crawled thru the LX570 lloking under and in everything I can find and no additional slot. You still did better than I did as I tried to pry the screen down with my fingers! Thank goodness that Lexus gave you no finger hold. THEN I got out the remote which clearly is the way to get the screen up and down. Heck, I just found out the 2nd row seats recline!

Hope you are enjoying your, I like mine better everyday!

19.1 MPG for my 1.5 hour ride to Amelia Island! This would be better than my LX470!
Old 01-28-08, 08:36 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Glad to hear as I have crawled thru the LX570 lloking under and in everything I can find and no additional slot. You still did better than I did as I tried to pry the screen down with my fingers! Thank goodness that Lexus gave you no finger hold. THEN I got out the remote which clearly is the way to get the screen up and down. Heck, I just found out the 2nd row seats recline!

Hope you are enjoying your, I like mine better everyday!

19.1 MPG for my 1.5 hour ride to Amelia Island! This would be better than my LX470!

I havent even looked at MPG yet, mostly driving around town. We have had it since 12/28 and only have 780 miles. We have a 3 hour trip to the snow coming up (the last hour is usually chain requirements for non-4wd) and I'm anxious to see how these tires go. More touring than the previous years, I'm afraid they will stop me for chains.

We sold a 2005 and I think the difference is night and day. Heating/air for the rear seat is nice to have the controls up front. After driving the '08 it made the '05 feel "tinny" (I never thought I would say that) but the '08 is so incredibly solid...

Likewise, the car gets better each day. It's my wife's car, but I get to drive it if I volunteer to take the kids to school...needless to say, she's been sleeping in lately..hahaha
Old 01-28-08, 09:39 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I would take the kids to school, too! I am betting the 570 will do pretty well without the chains, barring glare ice. We see little of that here in Jacksonville. I did get to use the crawl control at a jobsite last week and I and others were amazed at the way the 570 will control the speed of the vehicle at all times.

I am at a little over 1000 miles but waxed it for the the 2nd time this weekend! It is a bonding thing! <vbg>
Old 01-28-08, 05:03 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I would take the kids to school, too! I am betting the 570 will do pretty well without the chains, barring glare ice. We see little of that here in Jacksonville. I did get to use the crawl control at a jobsite last week and I and others were amazed at the way the 570 will control the speed of the vehicle at all times.

I am at a little over 1000 miles but waxed it for the the 2nd time this weekend! It is a bonding thing! <vbg>

I tried the crawl control in the parking lot of the dealership. It shouded like the car was falling apart although I hear that's normal as the throttle, brakes, abs, brain/computer, traction control are all working in sync.
Unfortunately, the people who cleaned the car the first time used a brick to dry the car and it has some scratches (on a black car), it is going in for the protection package Thursday and they said they would wax/detail it so it's all new again.
I will post pics when it's clean (I'm not too good on these computers).
I'll try and take some pics in the snow too.
I am noticing nobody has anything aftermarket for the car. I'd love to do an intake/exhaust from TRD (or even supercharge) for a few more horsepower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD Entertainment System Question