LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Actual Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 01:25 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 Actual Test Drive

Had the opportunity to test drive a demo up in our area yesterday.
Bells and whistles are great - great audio/video etc
However, my first impression was far from satisfactory performance and I am seriously considering cancelling my order.
My 04 GX was far more smoother and quicker to respond (which I am going to stick with)
Please test drive before your book/buy
The engine noise level is higer and not at all a smooth lexus SUV - IMHO - please !
Sorry !!
Old 01-17-08, 01:26 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rspjr05
The engine noise level is higer and not at all a smooth lexus SUV - IMHO
I had feared this would be the case. The 5.7L is loud and rough...much moreso than the 4.7L
Old 01-17-08, 07:07 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Originally Posted by rspjr05
Had the opportunity to test drive a demo up in our area yesterday.
Bells and whistles are great - great audio/video etc
However, my first impression was far from satisfactory performance and I am seriously considering cancelling my order.
My 04 GX was far more smoother and quicker to respond (which I am going to stick with)
Please test drive before your book/buy
The engine noise level is higer and not at all a smooth lexus SUV - IMHO - please !
Sorry !!
Wow this is not good to hear rspjr05

Can you elaborate a bit more on the driving experience you had, or does that sum it all up
Old 01-17-08, 08:26 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

considering the LX470 that i have is so whisper quiet, its hard to beat that. Try driving an excalade...that is loud! Just about every single suv i drove did not drive as quiet as my LX470. I suspect it might not be as good, but it will be better in terms of acceleration/power.
We shall all wait and see
Old 01-17-08, 10:09 PM
CASANOVA
Driver School Candidate

Just about every single suv i drove did not drive as quiet as my LX470.
You might want try a MBNZ or a RR.
Old 01-18-08, 05:26 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CASANOVA
My Range Rover is not as quiet as my LS460. I don't know if the 570 is comparable in term of "noise"...
Old 01-18-08, 08:56 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CASANOVA
I tried both, actually my wife owned one of these. The interior comfort and noise level are not that close to that of LX470.
Old 01-23-08, 12:14 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Not really fair to compare the LX570 to the LX470. I have owned 4 LX470s and just picked up my LX570. Sure it is not as quiet as the 470 but it has more power, a good bit more power.

Like the others have said, have you driven an Escalade or Range Rover, they are LOUD! My neighbor has a new Range Rover and he can not beleive how quite my 570 is in comparison.

I will say one thing, after all is said and done, the LX570 has WAY less road noise at cruising speed. On the highway it is whisper quiet and isolated from the tire and road noise, a big improvement in my 2007 LX470.

Cabin build quality and technology of the 570 far exceeds to 470 to me.

I am one happy driver!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 01-23-08 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-23-08, 12:58 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Oh Puhleez !! Come on guys, the 570 is based on the 200 series Land Cruiser which is one of the worlds most capable off-road vehicles you can buy and these comments that "it doesn't ride as quietly as my...", is embarrassing! The LX is an off-road vehicle that is built on a platform that is over engineered to the hilt. If you want something that rides as quietly as a car, get a sedan fo petes sake!! Those of you who are complaining about the quietness and ride quality maybe should have bought a car based SUV like the RX. The LX is built on a near heavy duty chassis and rides extremely well considering what it is capable of doing off-road. This isn't a "car", so stop comparing it to one !!! Also, it takes a new vehicle a certain amount of time to settle in. Much like putting on a new pair of shoes and saying they aren't as "comfortable" as the old broken in ones...Give it some time and I will assure you, it won't disappoint. Err, about those looks though....
Old 01-23-08, 03:41 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Well said!
Old 01-23-08, 04:59 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

^^^^ ditto
Old 01-24-08, 05:28 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Twstrchasr
Oh Puhleez !! Come on guys, the 570 is based on the 200 series Land Cruiser which is one of the worlds most capable off-road vehicles you can buy and these comments that "it doesn't ride as quietly as my...", is embarrassing! The LX is an off-road vehicle that is built on a platform that is over engineered to the hilt. If you want something that rides as quietly as a car, get a sedan fo petes sake!! Those of you who are complaining about the quietness and ride quality maybe should have bought a car based SUV like the RX. The LX is built on a near heavy duty chassis and rides extremely well considering what it is capable of doing off-road. This isn't a "car", so stop comparing it to one !!! Also, it takes a new vehicle a certain amount of time to settle in. Much like putting on a new pair of shoes and saying they aren't as "comfortable" as the old broken in ones...Give it some time and I will assure you, it won't disappoint. Err, about those looks though....
i am more than 200% in disagreement with you. I have test drove the new lx and i can rest assure you Lexus will not get my business. The new LX is simply not as great of an SUV as my old LX; if only the 100series LX has all the bells and whistle of the new 570 back then, i dont think i would want to sell my truck.

AND the RX is not even that quiet. And the ride quality sux too. I have a RX400h and I can tell you, its the worst car I have purchased in a long time. I am thinking of trading it in for an escalade; even the escalade feels better.... i am very unsatisfied by the quality of lexus.
Old 01-24-08, 05:39 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

hmm i actually like the rx, is a lot quieter ther our es, but then agian the es is an 01, but i dont think the 570 really needs all the off road stuff, im not saying it shoudn't have it, just saying that you dont need it, would you take your 90 grand lx out ? i don't think so at least i wouldnt
Old 01-24-08, 06:38 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

I say wait a year before buying and let the bugs get worked out. Any vehicle with alot of changes tends to have some bugs the first year. Just my humble two cents. Still a beautiful ride. Have not driven one yet(saw one). They cannot keep them for more than a day around here.

But, the IS F was alot of fun to drive on the track.
Old 01-24-08, 09:06 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"would you take your 90 grand lx out ? i don't think so at least i wouldnt"

I do it. Semi-regularly.

Quick Reply: LX570 Actual Test Drive