Old 12-12-07, 01:06 PM
TexLex470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 Price

found this

TO: Lexus Dealers Date: December 10, 2007
SUBJECT: 2008 MY LX 570 Price Announcement
Lexus is pleased to announce pricing for the all-new 2008 LX 570. The third-generation LX features more technological advancements to provide added power, segment-leading safety, best-in-class on- and off-road capability, and supreme comfort and luxury with greatly improved interior room.
All-New 2008 LX 570
The new LX 570’s V8 dual VVT-i engine produces 383 hp, an increase of 115 hp over the previous generation LX, and 80 hp greater than Range Rover HSE. The new LX’s 403 lb.-ft. of torque is better than Range Rover and Mercedes Benz GL 550. The powerful 5.7-liter V8 engine is mated to a new 6-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with Sequential Shift, designed and built especially for heavy-duty usages. With the improved powertrain, new chassis and suspension system, the LX 570 has a towing capacity of 8,500 pounds, an improvement of 2,000 pounds over the previous model. That’s more towing capacity than Ranger Rover, GL 550 and Cadillac Escalade.
The LX 570’s new intelligent suspension system helps to reduce chassis roll and pitch angle about 30 percent, resulting in increased on-road performance and ride comfort. For improved aerodynamics, the new Active Height Control (AHC) system lowers the vehicle at highway speeds. When the transfer case is shifted into low range, the AHC system raises the vehicle by approximately three inches to provide additional ride height when clearance is at a premium. Finally, the AHC system carefully controls the LX ride height lowering the chassis by an average of two inches for entry and exit, and returning automatically to normal height when the vehicle begins acceleration.
Another of the many new intelligent technology features is the world’s first Crawl Control for increased throttle control when maneuvering over rough or difficult surfaces. In low range, Crawl Control uses the throttle and brake to automatically maintain appropriate low speeds. The new LX also features an innovative multi-terrain ABS braking system that helps to reduce stopping distance on slippery surfaces such as sand or gravel. The new LX gives the driver the ability to go places and do things that weren’t possible before. These superior capabilities provide the inspiration for the LX 570 advertising tagline “The Driver Empowered”.
A first for North America, the LX 570 will offer an available Wide-view Front and Side Monitor. Small cameras are located within the front grille and under the passenger side-view mirror allowing the driver to easily check hard-to view areas by viewing the camera images on the navigation screen. One side of the screen shows the front view, while the other side shows the views at the right front and rear corners of the vehicle.
The new LX 570 interior and exterior length increase by four inches and width by an inch, creating a more inviting and comfortable space for up to eight passengers. The new interior provides comfort and luxury features found in our top-of-the-line LS sedan. These features will be very appealing to the LX customer, the most affluent customers and among the youngest in your dealership. The best-in-class comfort and luxury features include 4-zone climate control system with numerous air vents, leather- and wood-trimmed interior, climate control front seats with heated rear seats, first-in-class power-sliding second row seats, power-folding third row seats, front seat cushion extenders, touch-screen navigation, Bluetooth, XM satellite radio with real time traffic, Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound system and a DVD rear entertainment system.
As you know, LX customers place a high value on safety. The new LX 570 provides enhanced safety features such as a segment-leading 10 standard airbags including driver- and front-passenger knee airbags, second-row seat-mounted side airbags and third-row curtains. Other safety features are segment-first Active Front Headrests, second-row seatbelt pretensioners, direct tire pressure monitor system and dual swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS).
Following is a list of standard and optional features on the all-new LX 570.
LX 570 Standard Features
20-inch 10-spoke wheels
AFS headlights
Headlamp washer
Rain-sensing wipers
Power tailgate closer
Smart Access and push button start
Leather-trimmed interior
14-way power driver’s seat including power front cushion extender and lumbar
12-way power front passenger’s seat
Wood and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
Wood trimmed interior
Illuminated scuff plates
4-zone climate control system (Best in Class)
Heated front seats
Second row seats: 60/40 split with 40/20/40 split seatback
Power-sliding second row seat (Segment First)
Power-folding third row seat
Active front headrests (Segment First)
10 airbags – including knee; front, passenger and second row seat-mounted side airbags; and front, passenger, second and third row curtain airbags (Best in Class)
Navigation system
SAT Radio
NAV traffic
Bluetooth
9-speaker premium audio system with in-dash 6 CD changer
HDD Audio
Front wiper de-icer
MP3 mini-plug
Optional Equipment
Climate control front seats with heated second row seats
Intuitive Park Assist and Wide-view Front and Side Monitor
Pre-Collision and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Segment First)
Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System (450 watts, 19 speakers) and Lexus Link
DVD Rear Seat Entertainment System
At the recently conducted Long Lead Press Preview, journalists commented on the ride and comfort, improved performance and capabilities of the new LX 570.
“It has a very nice ride. Sometimes you forget you’re in an SUV”
“… almost like driving an LS.”
“Great suspension. Really impressive. A big improvement from the LX 470.”
“Off-road ABS is a nice feature.”
“The Crawl Control is pretty cool… couldn’t believe how easily it went down the steep hill…”
“The LX really is a capable vehicle, it can do everything you said and go anywhere.”
With the many new technology features, safety enhancements, and comfort and luxury amenities that our customers come to expect, the LX 570 will remain in a value position versus our competition. The all-new LX 570 base MSRP is $73,800. That’s a substantial MSRP advantage over Range Rover HSE and Mercedes Benz GL 550. And, your margins will remain the same on the 2008 LX 570, substantially higher than the competition.
MSRP Competitive Comparison
Base MSRP
LX 570 Advantage
2008 LX 570
$73,800
2008 Range Rover HSE
$77,175
$3,375
2008 GL 550
$76,975
$3,175

The all-new LX 570 is one of the most versatile vehicles with more passenger space, more cargo and towing capacity than before. It is a perfect blend of comfort, luxury, ride quality, capability and value that appeals to customers that choose superior quality, authenticity and modern craftsmanship in their vehicles.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-14-07 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 01:29 PM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by TexLex470
Base MSRP
LX 570 Advantage
2008 LX 570
$73,800
Interesting, I expected it would be higher. I noticed the frontgate sweepstakes pegs the approximate retail value at $85,000.
Old 12-12-07, 02:31 PM
tjp74
Driver

Originally Posted by GatorGreg
Interesting, I expected it would be higher. I noticed the frontgate sweepstakes pegs the approximate retail value at $85,000.
Read "base MSRP"

They are comparing base MSRP and LX570 is cheaper I guess. But try finding one with no option on it.
Old 12-12-07, 02:55 PM
JessePS

As much as I would loved to see it sell for that price here in Canada. Probably sell for $90k or still for $100k *sigh*
Old 12-12-07, 04:30 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Still expensive. But it seems to be sort of inline with a LS460L.
Old 12-12-07, 04:40 PM
syswei
Pole Position

found this

TO: Lexus Dealers Date: December 10, 2007
SUBJECT: 2008 MY LX 570 Price Announcement
Nice find!

It is up 10% from a year ago (base to base).

I wonder what the typical, presumably loaded, vehicle will sticker for.
Old 12-12-07, 05:21 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Hi TexLex470.

Thanks for the great posting.
Now I got a very good idea of how deep inside my pockets I need to go.
I got the feeling that with some options it will be way too deep for me.
Old 12-12-07, 05:53 PM
TexLex470
Driver School Candidate

Default Nicely equipped price..

You're welcome.

Lexus of Clear Lake told us a nicely loaded one would run about $85,000 + ttl.

Too rich for my blood. So we got a 08 loaded GX (my second one).

:-)

"...holiday tree? WTF?...."
Old 12-12-07, 06:16 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

I dislike the rear door and the front seat tiny armrests.
Initially I was going to get the GX instead of LX470 , those two items really bothered me.
Old 12-12-07, 06:28 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

You're welcome.

Lexus of Clear Lake told us a nicely loaded one would run about $85,000 + ttl.

Too rich for my blood. So we got a 08 loaded GX (my second one).

:-)

"...holiday tree? WTF?...."

holiday tree !!

those who wants to change us , wants to destroy us ..........

Christmas tree
Old 12-12-07, 07:53 PM
JessePS

Originally Posted by GFerg
Still expensive. But it seems to be sort of inline with a LS460L.
Minus the reclining-shiatsu lol
Old 12-12-07, 09:00 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

So figure maybe $5-6K for the rear entertainment and levinson audio options and you're talking $78-79K MSRP. Compare that to $73K MSRP for a loaded '08 landcruiser...not much difference.
Old 12-13-07, 07:44 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

taken from another thread here is the 570 options list:

These are the available options on the LX570
CI-Climate Control Seats
LP-Luxury Package
LR-Luxury Package w/ Pre-Crash
ML-Mark Levinson Audio
MZ-Digital Lexus Link
PA-Park Assist w/ Blind Corner Monitor
PW-Pre-Crash
RS-Rear-Seat Entertianment Audio
judging from lexus luxury packages on other cars, may consist of upgraded leather, sunshades, door sills, etc. Im going to guess the rest of these options are going to be small things not huge packages, maybe mid 80s fully loaded
Old 12-13-07, 07:48 AM
JessePS

For sure the ML will be standard here in Canada. Usually is on the LX.

Actually. I think all the options you get in the US. It comes as standard on the LX. Probably another reason we pay through the nose. True, the rear seat entertainment system will for sure be an option in Canada.

When is the launch date again?
Old 12-13-07, 08:21 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given all the changes from the LX470, that price increase seems very reasonable.

Quick Reply: LX570 Price