LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Pics

Old 04-07-07, 12:42 PM
TXLX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks great...in and out. I have my Rovers for off road so the integrated bumpers make no difference to me. I've already written an email to my sales lady at the dealer asking when there will be one to see in person here and when we can place an order.

I bet the LC version will lend itself better to modifications WRT the bumpers, sliders et al...
Old 04-07-07, 02:35 PM
tella
Driver

Great interior, miserable exterior. The LX470 is still a better styled SUV.
Old 04-07-07, 02:53 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TXLX
I think it looks great...in and out. I have my Rovers for off road so the integrated bumpers make no difference to me. I've already written an email to my sales lady at the dealer asking when there will be one to see in person here and when we can place an order.

I bet the LC version will lend itself better to modifications WRT the bumpers, sliders et al...
The LC pics on this forum (the silver LC) shows the same type of front bumper with the weird angled cut that covers part of the front quarter panel.
Old 04-07-07, 03:23 PM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR_F1

IMHO It looks good from this angle.....and it ends there.

I agree 100%. This reminds me of the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero.

Old 04-07-07, 04:09 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rexdr
I agree 100%. This reminds me of the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero.

And the back looks like Lincoln crossed with Endeavor.

It looks decent from the front.

But the interior is to die for.
Old 04-07-07, 04:44 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

3rd row is not removable...as far as reclining, i wasnt really listening to the guy. But I assume they recline a little, because the current 3rd row does.
Old 04-07-07, 08:43 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

^They do? How do you do that? my friend has one...he doesnt even know..hah
Old 04-07-07, 09:37 PM
wETcOASTER
Driver School Candidate

Default New LX570 looks beautiful, cant wait to see it in real life.

No offense to anyone here but the kind of comments knocking the LX570 without even seeing it in person is kind of typical of people who will not be buying such a beautiful beast anytime soon. The people who will buy the new LX570 will love it and consider a really nice upgrade over the LX470 which I also love since I own an '03. My wife had an 03 Freelander and it was absolute garbage, my brother in law traded in his 98 LX470 for a 2004 Rangie and it was also garbage, after warranty, he spent thousands on repairs. Range Rovers , LOL ! oh please. They are laughable and the most unreliable SUV's on the planet. Just the facts.

Wait until you see this new beast on showrooms or on the road, especially in black, it will look stunning. What did you expect Lexus to do anyways with a body on frame 8 passenger SUV ? Make it look like an X5 or Cayenne ? Lexus knows its customers are loyal and dont want massive changes that are out of character from the original LX470. I own an '03 LX470 and I really love it but Im pretty excited about the LX570 based on initial impressions.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lx-570.html

Last edited by wETcOASTER; 04-07-07 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-07-07, 10:37 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wETcOASTER
No offense to anyone here but the kind of comments knocking the LX570 without even seeing it in person is kind of typical of people who will not be buying such a beautiful beast anytime soon.
Well just as a heads up, i have had my LX470 since Febuary 2000, and i DID see the new LX570 in person. The comments knocking the LX570 are spot on, it just doesnt look "right" in person. Sure we will all get used to it and accept it on the road but it just doesnt look like a proper top of the line SUV. They should have badged this as the GX in my opinion, and reworked the LX front end for a new "L-Finesse-ed" look. Instead of slapping the ES/LS front on a truck, just doesnt work.

Sure the features and kewl things like the 5.7L and the 6spd along with the HDD navi is nice. Interior was done well, along with the mechanical driveline aspects, just exterior styling makes me want to...well, it makes me damn near sick.
Old 04-07-07, 10:38 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wETcOASTER
No offense to anyone here but the kind of comments knocking the LX570 without even seeing it in person is kind of typical of people who will not be buying such a beautiful beast anytime soon.

Wait until you see this new beast on showrooms or on the road, especially in black, it will look stunning. What did you expect Lexus to do anyways with a body on frame 8 passenger SUV ? Make it look like an X5 or Cayenne ? Lexus knows its customers are loyal and dont want massive changes that are out of character from the original LX470. I own an '03 LX470 and I really love it but Im pretty excited about the LX570 based on initial impressions.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lx-570.html
You might be right, some of us will not be buying the LX570 soon or at all. I have not made a final decision, until I see it in person but the initial impression is unfavorable for a few reasons.

What did I expect Lexus to do? Keep the LandCrusier tradition, keep it plush and comfortable, yet 100% off-road worthy. I did not expect them to go to the Q7/Toureg/Cayenne territory.

Customers don't wan't massive changes? To a degree agree, I did not want to see large integrated bumpers, loss of side protection, minival-like look, all I was looking for is an evolutionally improvement along the lines of LX450/LX470. And they partly delivered, but also went ahead with a larger/heavier vehicle on almost the same base, and made it look weak. And I am talking about RR because Lexus pushes me away really testing my loyalty (which is nothing more than a common sense), while RR seems to stick closer to the idea of a plush off-roader. Where esle can I go? G-wagen? Please, had it in the past. And I almost always owned Toyota vehicles in the past; LX450, LX470, LS400, Toyota Windom (ES300), Soarer (SC400), Vista, Tercel, Camry.
Old 04-07-07, 10:40 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexusman44
^They do? How do you do that? my friend has one...he doesnt even know..hah
there is a handle on the side facing the window on each side of the seat. Just like the 2nd row, pull it foward a little and recline it.
Old 04-07-07, 10:49 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

here are some of the shots i took...it was a pain trying to take picture of it while it was spinning around and around.

Seen here, the guy is folding the 3rd row using the stupid power switchs. This truck was truely built for people super super lazy. 3rd row should have stayed removeable.

Last edited by 1loudLX; 04-07-07 at 10:54 PM. Reason: changed picture
Old 04-07-07, 10:52 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Mirror blindspot camera.

Old 04-07-07, 10:57 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

one thing i noticed which i dont like, look at the grab handles on the headline...they are the floppy ones like in a car, not fixed like you would find in an SUV.
Old 04-07-07, 11:01 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear I can live with. The front is OK, only one question - when I scratch the front bumper (it is not if, it is a question - when) - how much will be it be to replace it? The current one - 200 dollars and I am done. I'm pretty much doing it every 2 years.

The third row should be removable, it is such a clear oversight. I mean - did they ever ask the current owners how they use the 3rd row? Mine is almost always off.

But the sides and the overall external look is just killing me Well, I guess you could tell. LOVE the interior.

Last edited by AKoch; 04-07-07 at 11:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LX570 Pics