LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 12:09 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh dont even get me started on the bangle butt styling...ugh. Sure the LX570 goes with the L-finesse look, but that design doesnt work for everything, you cant just slap the LS headlights on everything and call it done. One reason why i liked/disliked the GX. It looked like my LS430, which was nice, but didnt look like a SUV/Truck...looked like a blown up wagon.
Old 04-07-07, 12:33 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
oh dont even get me started on the bangle butt styling...ugh. Sure the LX570 goes with the L-finesse look, but that design doesn't work for everything, you cant just slap the LS headlights on everything and call it done.
So true. L-finesse or whatever is is is so different (at least as it was interprited in the LS and GS models) from the spirit of the off-roading and go-anywhere/rugged/muscular stance of the previous LandCruisers 80/100/90/68/70 not to mention a MegaCruiser. They should have kept it as two different styling approaches, not like one is better than the other, just two different worlds each having its place. Just don't mix it, may be that'ts the answer. Or chose to mix it for unknown reasons, be more respectful of your own heritage you built/earned over so many years. I do feel a bit 'betrayed'....

Last edited by AKoch; 04-07-07 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-07-07, 05:11 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i honestly dont see that big of a difference between the lx470 and the lx570. differences i see:

l-finesse front end
no cladding

thats about it.
Old 04-07-07, 07:16 AM
Lexusman44
Driver

Okay i get it now...........
Old 04-07-07, 08:17 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i honestly dont see that big of a difference between the lx470 and the lx570. differences i see:

l-finesse front end
no cladding

thats about it.
the front of the LX470 was unique...they could have given it a little L finesse without distroying it...whatever im gona go see it in person right now, ill see if i like it then.
Old 04-07-07, 09:08 AM
619brick
Driver School Candidate

Default Status quo for Lexus

Exactly the reason that I bought an E55 over the LS last year, and just bought a new Range Rover last week, over a "highly anticipated" LX570. In my very humble opinion, Toyota has absolutely lost their minds, and I think you are really going to see a change in the market with what I refer to as "lame" styling.

As a very proud and enthusiastic Lexus owner for the last 8 years, my LX is indestructible. I mean outstanding in reliability, but let's face it,,,,,,,boring and outdated!! I had put down a deposit last year on the new LS until I saw their final design, and then pulled it immediately. The interiors on these cars are unmatched, without question, but I don't think I could stomach looking at the thing on a daily basis!

I went back and forth, and really had questions about pulling the trigger on MB over a Lexus. I only do 3 year leases, so I was not that concerned about longevity, but I still had my doubts. I will tell you there is not a day that goes by that I do not absolutely love my MB. The drive is exciting, it looks amazing, and I am constantly getting compliments on the car. Sure I have had it in the shop for minor things.... but you know what.....who cares? Everything is covered and it takes a couple of hours of my time. Is that worth it? Heck yeah!! I see the new LS on the road a couple of times a week, and just laugh. In my opinion it looks exactly like an oversized ES300

Again, this is just my opinion, but after seeing these photos of the new LX, I think you would be hard pressed to find an uglier, updated SUV on the market, at least from an exterior point of view. However, the interior is insane! Having had my MB for a year and half now, I now know that there are more important things in life than having a car that doesn't visit the shop more than once every 2 years. If you hate taking your car in for any reason, buy a Lexus. If you want to love what you drive, you should probably look elsewhere.
Old 04-07-07, 09:57 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

ok I'm here at the autoshow. the LX570 has a solid rear axle on the back but doesn't look hefty at all. I'm gona run back take a picture with my phone instead and post it up.
Old 04-07-07, 10:16 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

ill post better shots of the suspension when I get home
Attached Thumbnails LX570 Pics-image_00311.jpg  
Old 04-07-07, 10:33 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

another shot..... JimChow, can you inform 'mud of the rear axle?
Attached Thumbnails LX570 Pics-image_00310.jpg  
Old 04-07-07, 10:49 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

IMHO It looks good from this angle.....and it ends there (How would that bumper work off road tho??). After hours of looking at the pics, I think with some slight modification to the doors, front bumper and an complete remake of the rear, this could actually look great.
Old 04-07-07, 11:10 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

It only comes with 20 inch wheels with 50 series tires. No off road vehicle has 50 series tires with mall cruiser 20 inch wheels. It's like going out for a run in dress shoes.
Old 04-07-07, 11:21 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 619brick
Exactly the reason that I bought an E55 over the LS last year, and just bought a new Range Rover last week, over a "highly anticipated" LX570. In my very humble opinion, Toyota has absolutely lost their minds, and I think you are really going to see a change in the market with what I refer to as "lame" styling.

I now know that there are more important things in life than having a car that doesn't visit the shop more than once every 2 years. If you hate taking your car in for any reason, buy a Lexus. If you want to love what you drive, you should probably look elsewhere.
This is the route I would really refrain from taking, if I have a choice. Our second car is MB SL500 which we got because the pricing here in Canada for MB is actually much less steep than for the Lexus. Toyota and Lexus cars are 30% more expensive here than in the US, while MB is identical. So with all due respect to the SC430 we had to go with the SL500. Had it for 1.5 years now... not a bad car, but man... comparing it to Lexus every time I make a switch, it just not as soothing, well-engineered and well put together as the Lexus. And yes, the reliability of the SL500 was not great at all - lots of minor issues with electrics, lights, sensors, EVAP. Sure it is on the road and has big nice looking tires, but you know what? I also think this is not the main thing in life.

That's why I am looking for every possibly excuse to stay with the LX line, but preparing the Range Rover option as a possible retreat if the 570 will look in person the same as on these pictures.
Old 04-07-07, 11:51 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

it does look the same in person...meh
Old 04-07-07, 11:57 AM
Lexusman44
Driver

Can one of you at the show find out about the rear seats 2nd and 3rd row and tell me if they move back and forth and or recline....Thanks Guys
Old 04-07-07, 12:09 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Max707
It only comes with 20 inch wheels with 50 series tires. No off road vehicle has 50 series tires with mall cruiser 20 inch wheels. It's like going out for a run in dress shoes.
no, the 20 is an optional size with 18 being standard

Quick Reply: LX570 Pics