LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Disable VSC TRAC in LX470

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 09:13 AM
Wail
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable VSC TRAC in LX470

Hi all,

I have been searching in the web for the last 5 days to get information abour how to disable VSC TRAC in LX 470 but No luck , can anyone help me please. My LX470 is 2000 model.

I'm talking to you from Dubai UAE and the only Off Road fun we have over here is Dune bashing which cannot be Fun with the VSC & TRAC working.

Thanks in Advance for your help
Old 02-03-13, 06:32 PM
Wail
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wail
Hi all,

I have been searching in the web for the last 5 days to get information abour how to disable VSC TRAC in LX 470 but No luck , can anyone help me please. My LX470 is 2000 model.

I'm talking to you from Dubai UAE and the only Off Road fun we have over here is Dune bashing which cannot be Fun with the VSC & TRAC working.

Thanks in Advance for your help
Help please
Old 02-09-13, 10:00 AM
RobRed
Rookie

You could pull the ABS fuse while dune bashing. Should disable vsc, atrac and of course abs.
Old 03-05-13, 07:21 PM
amassood
Driver School Candidate

you could also activate the cdl. it wont necessarily dissable the trac but it changes the programming so that there is no engine throttling when slippage occurs. Instead, the car will just pulse abs the wheels (kinda like atrac except that only activates in lo).

enabling the cdl will disable vsc
Old 10-27-14, 09:12 PM
japerez1
Driver School Candidate

Late reply for for anyone else looking to disable the VSC system.

I recently had the fun of going down a mountain on I5 in Oregon at 70MPH in a gentle right hand turn and the VSC system went off grabbing the left front wheel hard and just about took the wheel out of my hand. the front end of the car knelt down. It happened so fast I changed lanes and dropped about 15MPH fast enough the big rigs were blowing horns and maneuvering around me. (BTW, driving conditions were ideal.) The system flagged an error code, the alarm went off and things seemed normal again. Ten minutes later it happened again but this time the rear wheels (maybe just one) was braking. I pulled over and shut the system off by pulling the ABS SOL relay just behind the battery. It's been this way for a few thousand miles now and it will stay this way. I don't care about the lights in the dash, one says VSC OFF and I feel safer with that light on.

My LX470 is a 2002 with 212K miles on it in mint condition, I take really good care of it. About four years ago this happened and I traced the problem to the right wheel sensor using the on board diagnostics. It accurately pinpointed the issue to the wheel sensor and I verified the sensor was defective with an Ohm meter. I replaced it and that was the end of it. Prior to the mountain incident the system went off on me and this time pointed to the left front wheel. I trusted the diagnostics even though the sensor measured about 1K ohm and replaced it. One month later the incident on the mountain. (I suspect I replaced a good sensor)

In my opinion the failure mode of this system is potentially lethal. That it picked up what it perceived to be a bad sensor or general VSC system failureis a good thing even though it was of a heck of a ride for ten long seconds. That it failed to lock out the VSC system knowing the sensor (or some other system component) was at fault is a bad thing. This system has tried to kill me far more often than it ever tried to save me so as far as I'm concerned they can keep it.
Old 03-04-19, 11:23 AM
MMALX470
Driver School Candidate

Default Beeping after removing ABS SOL replay

japerez, do you get the beeping noise after you removed the relay? I did this today and test drove the rig and it doesn’t brake on its own like it did before but that annoying sound is still there. Was wondering if there was a way around that.
Old 03-09-19, 05:36 AM
bangbang001
Rookie

Same thing happen to my 02 LX. This is how you disable it. I followed these instructions. Very easy. Good luck
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/vsc-off-switch-install.988749/