LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

power window problem..please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 10:58 PM
mlnhtrang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window problem..please help!!

i have an 04 LX470 and recently got a power window problem. My passenger side power window has the "auto" function and every time i use the auto up, the window would go up all the way til closing then it'll go back down half way. this only happens when using Auto Up. Ive tried doing a battery reset and nothing happens. also tried doing a search to see if anyone else has the same problem, and still no luck. Anyone have any idea whats going on?? Please help. thanks in advance.

Last edited by mlnhtrang; 02-11-09 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-11-09, 12:22 PM
mlnhtrang
Driver School Candidate

anyone????
Old 02-12-09, 08:54 AM
rueym
Driver

maybe something is jammed up at the top and the sensor thought it was not closing all the way. check the rubber on the top of the window sill and see if it is clear, or try cleaning it.
Old 03-05-09, 05:56 PM
mlnhtrang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rueym
maybe something is jammed up at the top and the sensor thought it was not closing all the way. check the rubber on the top of the window sill and see if it is clear, or try cleaning it.
ive double checked the rubber and everything looks good. now for some reason, my driver side is doing the same thing. wth..
Old 03-18-09, 10:32 PM
lexus4x4
Driver School Candidate

I recently took apart the window motor assembly, and when I put it back on it was having the same issue you were having, so most likely you are going to have to adjust the position of the window motor because it sounds like it kind of shifted somehow higher therefore causing it to hit the top of the frame and the auto rolldown will make it go back down because it feels like it is hitting something
Old 03-27-09, 01:16 PM
pearlLx
Driver School Candidate

just dont use the auto feature for a little while or maybe just use it on the down. it'll fix itself by readjusting. my range rover had a similar problem and the on board computer screen would say window off track or something stupid like that. lexus is surely far superior than land rover when it comes to electrical quality but its a very similar issue, just fiddle with it a bit and skip the auto function for a while and just manually hold the button till the window completely closes, then roll the window up with out auto until it is completely closed, then let go of the button and try to roll it up more to sort of reset it.
Old 12-24-13, 12:18 AM
goku2
Driver School Candidate

The window problem going back down is probably related to the possibility you have a broken bracket as mentioned previously.

The operation of the anti-jam feature is as follows
Catching Prevention Function
When any foreign matter is caught in the window during power window up operation, the pulse sensor in the power window motor detects the changes in the number of motor rotations and forcibly opens the door window 50 mm, or when the window opening is less than 200 mm, it opens the window until the opening is 200 mm.

Therefore if the part is broken the motor is pushing higher than it should be and then reversing due to too many rotaions.
When you fix/replace the window/bracket you will need to reset the system by doing the following
HOW TO RESET POWER WINDOW MOTOR (LIMIT SWITCH)
NOTICE:
If the jam protection function is not functioning properly, perform the following procedures.
HINT:
It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.
(a) Remove the power window motor.
HINT:
Place matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
(b) Connect the power window motor and power window switch to the wire harness of the vehicle.
(c) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(d) Press the power window UP switch until the motor completes 6 to 10 rotations (4 seconds of rotation or more).
(e) Assemble the power window motor and regulator.
HINT:
Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point. Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear when installing the power window motor.
(f) Assemble the power window regulator and door glass.
HINT:
Never rotate the motor downward until the completion of the window glass installation.
(g) Connect the power window switch to the wire harness and turn the ignition switch ON.
(h) Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.
(i) Check AUTO UP " AUTO DOWN automatic operation is normal.
NOTICE:
The jam protection function does not operate immediately after performing reset.
If the jam protection function is triggered and the window lowers after the window has been fully closed by AUTO UP operation (step i), reset the power window motor again.
(j) Check the power window function.

A copy of the solution with diagrams can be found here:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...96b43f80377696

Here is a solution with lots of pictures/graphics (I found/used this one first):
http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/5u7...de-window.html
Old 12-24-13, 06:17 AM
retired
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mlnhtrang
i have an 04 LX470 and recently got a power window problem. My passenger side power window has the "auto" function and every time i use the auto up, the window would go up all the way til closing then it'll go back down half way. this only happens when using Auto Up. Ive tried doing a battery reset and nothing happens. also tried doing a search to see if anyone else has the same problem, and still no luck. Anyone have any idea whats going on?? Please help. thanks in advance.
Pinch protector has to be manually RESET.................Info on how to reset pinch protector is in the es 350 lexus forum ... just do a search.......Not hard to do, nothing is broken.... ROLL TIDE