Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX470 and LX450
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2002 Lx Location of 02 sensor ???

Old 02-26-13, 12:13 PM   #16
dmascle
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Just changed mine out with a Bosch direct fit. Still throwing p0135. Harness tests good. Maybe I should have gone with a Denso?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dmascle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 09:31 AM   #17
lyndaj
Driver School Candidate

New member here and I'm getting ready to replace my o2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 1. Didn't know it I should have got the other sensor to do at the same time.
Aftering reading your posts I'm glad I joined as I didn't know exactly where the sensor is.

Posts look to be helpful. Will let you know how the job goes when I finish. If this one really works out maybe I will tackle the second one next weekend or after that weekend.
Here in MD you cant have your check engine light one to pass emissions. Both my CEL and VSC lights are on. Brakes and rotors next on the list. Not looking forward to that job.

Thanks
lyndaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 12:04 PM   #18
lyndaj
Driver School Candidate

ojkay so I'm back. I changed the o2 sensor and it went pretty great. Didn't take long and both the VSC and CEL light went out! Hopefully they stay out.
Probelm tho, I decided to start the brakes and rotors. also first time doing that. I can't get the caliper thing back on after putting the new pads on. There's not enough room, so obviously I need to compress something to get that fixture back on.
Any suggestions as to how to do that? I haven't been all that physically fit lately so I do not have alot of upper strength. Is there some trick to this?

Help!! I need my car to go to work Monday and right now I'm not going to be going anywhere.
lyndaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 03:12 PM   #19
scottlum
Driver School Candidate

I changed only the other sensor 5 years ago. And only now Bank1 Sensor1 went bad, so you don't have to change both at the same time.

All you need is a 12mm socket wrench to remove the plastic splash guard and a crescent wrench to remove the sensor. The connector is the trickiest--just be sure to squeeze the side where it latches hard enough so you can pull the connector apart.
scottlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 03:15 PM   #20
scottlum
Driver School Candidate

If you have an iPad, I highly recommend you download DashCommand for diagnostics and buy at $13.00 OBD scanner tool:
Amazon.com: LYLŪ WIFI Wirless OBD2 Car Diagnostic Reader Scanner Scan Tool for Iphone iPad iOS PC: Automotive Amazon.com: LYLŪ WIFI Wirless OBD2 Car Diagnostic Reader Scanner Scan Tool for Iphone iPad iOS PC: Automotive
scottlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 03:15 PM

Tags
02, 2001, 2002, 2005, accord, bank, expedition, ford, honda, ih8mud, location, lx470, oxygen, p0135, sensor, upstream