LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Floormat/Liner suggestions....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-04, 08:04 AM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floormat/Liner suggestions....

im looking to purchase a set of floor mats and a cargo liner for the 470....here is what i have come up with.....

the rubber type -

or the molded fabric type -

these products were found here http://www.suvxccessory.com which seems to be a good store, anyone have experience with them? how about other stores?

also looking for user feedback on either of the floormat types that i have cited.....

thanks in advance!

regards,
terry

Last edited by Grd4Spd; 11-20-04 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-20-04, 08:07 AM
bsjoiner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i can say is look into Weathertech mats online. They are very popular and look/fit the best on the market.
Old 11-20-04, 10:23 AM
dougjohn
Pole Position

The Husky brand -- a couple of which you have in the pics are great.

I have the complete set for my 450 and have been very happy.

One thing to consider is that if you use the mat for the cargo area (I'm speaking only of the Husky), you will either need to remove it if you want to use your 3rd row seats or cut into the liner to allow the seats to latch to the floor. Cutting the liner sort of reduces some of its usefulness IMHO.
Old 11-20-04, 12:12 PM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the reply guys.....i looked at the weathertech stuff, whereas it looks nice, its kinda pricey compared to the others....dont know if its worth it, for floormats.

i dont plan to use the rear jump seats so cutting is not an issue....just looking for some utility type "hold all the crap" floormats....looking closely at the husky rubber mats......

doug, what do you think of your ARB bumper? im looking for a place to mount some aux lights so i can see miles down the road in addition to deer repellent armor.....

regards,
terry
Old 11-20-04, 11:15 PM
bsjoiner
Driver

I ordered the mats pictured above before the weathertechs and i hated them. I ended up sending them back because of the poor fit and color match. they looked really bad especially on a 65K suv. If you can afford the vehicle i doubt 200 in floor mats will kill you and trust me they are very nice and well made. The hold tons of crud and always clean up nice. The advantage mats are nice as they are the best of both worlds offering stain proof carpeting and a thick waterproof bottom. You will not be sorry and they are worth the extra money in my opinon. the rear cargo mat has holes you can cut for the jump seats.
Old 11-21-04, 04:09 AM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bsjoiner
If you can afford the vehicle i doubt 200 in floor mats will kill you and trust me they are very nice and well made. The hold tons of crud and always clean up nice.
hello BS....thank you for reminding me that i have gobs of disposable, discretionary funds (as evidenced by the cost of my vehicle) and that it would be utterly silly of me to "cut corners" on the floor mats and cargo liner (get the joke? "cut corners" ha!).....that said i ordered the WeatherTech mats and liner.....in tan of couse!

i will offer thoughts/feedback when the items arrive....hey if they "suck" (another joke) i can always send em back to WeatherTech...or at least COD them to BS.

regards,
terry

Last edited by Grd4Spd; 11-21-04 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-21-04, 08:34 AM
bsjoiner
Driver

I glad that you were not offended by the post and i am sure that you will love the weathertech mats. I am very detail oriented and these mats fit the bill for me. Good luck and please let me know what you think. They ship very fast and i bet that you will have them by tuesday or wednesday.
Old 11-21-04, 09:46 AM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bsjoiner
I glad that you were not offended by the post and i am sure that you will love the weathertech mats.

not at all....sometimes i need to be reminded of just how much money i do have.

I am very detail oriented and these mats fit the bill for me. Good luck and please let me know what you think. They ship very fast and i bet that you will have them by tuesday or wednesday.
that would be great if they arrive by wed...as we are expecting snow for thanksgiving!

regards,
terry
Old 11-21-04, 08:29 PM
dougjohn
Pole Position

I love the ARB front bumper.
Although I don't have lights on it yet, they're in the plans.

You get a couple tabs you can mount the lights to.

I do love the security of knowing that I'll be safe in the event of a deer strike. I've seen the damage they can do. IMHO, ARB's the way to go.

Way back when I bought my Husky mats, I was able to find them online (the business is no longer around) for a very low price. Shop around -- I searched on Google to find the best price.

I have all 3 liners (the set for the front, the 2nd row and the cargo area). The 2nd row liners fit the best of all 3. You can't go wrong, it's very tough -- I am very satisifed with them.
Old 11-21-04, 11:27 PM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by dougjohn
love the ARB front bumper.
Although I don't have lights on it yet, they're in the plans.
You get a couple tabs you can mount the lights to.
I do love the security of knowing that I'll be safe in the event of a deer strike. I've seen the damage they can do. IMHO, ARB's the way to go.
yes, ive looked into the ARB bumpers and it seems to be a fine product.....

Sahara -

Delux Bull bar -

i like the integrated fog light feature on the Sahara model and dont like the integrated marker (only) lights on the Delux model. i prefer the overall design of the Delux model (albiet a bit to "off roady" looking) but do not like the chrome tube upper bar on the Sahara....although the second Sahara pic looks acceptable.... i do like the winch option on both....i may go with the Delux Bull Bar but the Sahara looks good too.....hard to decide at this point.

Way back when I bought my Husky mats, I was able to find them online (the business is no longer around) for a very low price. Shop around -- I searched on Google to find the best price.

I have all 3 liners (the set for the front, the 2nd row and the cargo area). The 2nd row liners fit the best of all 3. You can't go wrong, it's very tough -- I am very satisifed with them.

well in being reminded that im made of money i went for the weathertech brand.....however im sure the Husky is just fine too....will advise.

regards,
terry

Last edited by Grd4Spd; 11-21-04 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 09:29 AM
dougjohn
Pole Position

I recall someone telling me that the chrome tube on the sahara bar is removeable. You could have it powder coated to an appropriate color -- I'd go with either black or possibly to match the body color (depending on the body color of your LX).

Doug
Old 11-22-04, 10:10 AM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

yes, this was a thought......to paint/powdercoat the chrome bits. my LX is (roughly) the same color as the LC in the stream.....brownish/toupe and i like how that bumper is matched to the rest of the car for it does not look as odd as the black bumper in the first series of pix. either way my ultimate goal is to avoid too much damage to the rig when this comes down the line.....

or this.....

with any luck one may come out looking like this afterwards.....

regards,
terry

Last edited by Grd4Spd; 11-22-04 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-23-04, 08:52 PM
stealth470
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Huskey mats, ARB bumpers

Great... I just ordered WAAG grille/tail lens guards (more for minor impacts and looks, not flinging deer into the next timezone like those ARB bumpers look like they could do), and Huskey liners... (haven't arrived yet).

Granted, the intent is that the Huskey liners are for when my muddy/snowy friends pile in, but I bought them so that water melting off the snowy equipment would still be held in place in the cargo area... I didn't realize that using the 3rd-row seats meant cutting into the liner. D'oh...
Old 11-24-04, 04:53 PM
dougjohn
Pole Position

Send the WAAG back and get the ARB!
Old 12-13-04, 08:22 PM
Grd4Spd
Driver School Candidate

just to update.....we just got dumped on with 33 inches of snow.......and the WeatherTech mats work great!

regards,
terry