LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Problem with bluetooth on my 04 LX470

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 05:03 PM
mjnoles1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with bluetooth on my 04 LX470

Hi, How is everyone doing?

I love the bluetooth technology on my car but I do have two problems with it first let me add that my dealership had NO IDEA that bluetooth was on my car not only did they not know they said when I told them "doesn't the 04's have bluetooth on the LX470's?" they told me no it doesnt and I was almost positive it did so my sales guy asked his boss and his boss said nope it does not lol. Back to the problems I have with the bluetooth. the first is the same problem that degeester's car had and my service guy spoke to the corporations office and said the same thing with a new audio amp. Now the second problem that I really need help with is when someone calls me while I'm in the car and I answer the phone with the headset NOT from the car's system just from the headset, sometimes after I answer the phone my conversation is still put out on the speakers even when I answer just with the headset but sometimes it is not put out on the speakers. Now I spoke to my service guy and he said that has nothing to do with the car it has all to do with the phone by the way my phone is the Sprint Sony Ericsson T608. I really have a hard time believing this. Now say this did happen everytime then I would say that my phone is not fully compatible with the lexus bluetooth system. But this only happends every other time so I believe this does have to do with my car and not my phone. So if someone can help me out with what this could be that would be great. Also if someone also owns the T608 can you please tell me if this is also happening to you?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas
Old 03-04-04, 12:49 PM
mjnoles1
Driver School Candidate

Can someone help me out please I would really like to resolve this problem

Thanks,

Nicolas
Old 03-05-04, 04:11 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

How do you have your phone set up? Does it automatically go to bluetooth audio device (car or headset) or do you have it so you select when you answer by using either phone or audio device? Before you used your car's system, did you have have problems with just you headset alone?

-Robert
Old 03-08-04, 10:03 AM
mjnoles1
Driver School Candidate

Hey, thanks for the response But I do not know how i have it set up. How would I beable to tell with my t608? Also if I have it now set up that it automatically goes to audiosystem and if I then switch to the other option I would then have to everytime hit a button on my phone to either pick it up or run it through the audiosystem? Or would I beable to just push a botton on the navigation screen to selet if I want to pick it up through the audiosystem or the cellphone?

Thanks again for the response,

Nicolas
Old 03-19-04, 01:22 PM
knolex2001
Driver

I hate to take the side of your dealership folks (some of the people you talked to seem...a little dim) but I've heard the Sony Ericsson phones have a couple of bugs in them compared with the Nokia systems. If someone you know has a Nokia BT phone, load it in your LX and see if you have the same problem.