LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just traded my 16" LX in for 17" LX

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-17, 08:57 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Just traded my 16" LX in for 17" LX

Hi guys, let me start out with my short story, i just had my 16" LX for four months and got a rock hit my windshield, got safelite try to fix it, but still there and I don't want to replace it because I afraid it would leak later, thinking hard for two months and finally trade it in for 17" LX i know i am dumb to do that, but i got a year newer and a great thing that i found on the new 17" LX is NO more white line where the speed odometer of the head up display on the windshield, i think Lexus corrected that issue which nice
Old 03-17-17, 09:38 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Hi guys, let me start out with my short story, i just had my 16" LX for four months and got a rock hit my windshield, got safelite try to fix it, but still there and I don't want to replace it because I afraid it would leak later, thinking hard for two months and finally trade it in for 17" LX i know i am dumb to do that, but i got a year newer and a great thing that i found on the new 17" LX is NO more white line where the speed odometer of the head up display on the windshield, i think Lexus corrected that issue which nice
So the question is did you get beat on the trade in? I traded my 15 LX for a 17 LX after a couple month. But the dealer called me and gave me 100% of what I paid for my 15 LX. The had a terrible month and wanted to get inventory moved on the last day of January bad for them. Great for me.
Old 03-17-17, 09:56 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

The white line on the HUD never bothered me
Old 03-17-17, 11:39 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tlhicks
So the question is did you get beat on the trade in? I traded my 15 LX for a 17 LX after a couple month. But the dealer called me and gave me 100% of what I paid for my 15 LX. The had a terrible month and wanted to get inventory moved on the last day of January bad for them. Great for me.
You are lucky though, i lost about $7500 on my LX, i know i pay to play, at least I don't see the chip crack on my windshield and gain one year newer
Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The white line on the HUD never bothered me
Yeah the white line didn't bother me either, but the windshield crack is the one bug me the most
Old 03-17-17, 01:17 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! You've lost some money but got a new car and its all worth it. I used to flip cars every 1.5-2 years and figure unless I keep something for years and years, its always going to lose money thru' depreciation and so my comfort zone is up to $10k per year of ownership. The trouble with LX though is that it sort of kills desire to go to something else. A Range Rover is always intriguing, but I just can't live with something so high maintenance
Old 03-17-17, 05:32 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

WTF?

safelite CAN and WILL replace your glass with OEM if you ask them too. They do a pretty good job. U lost a nice chunk of change, but u are happy.

So did they fix the tranny lag and shifting issues? Any other differences. Please post up pics.
Old 03-17-17, 05:57 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T4Fun
WTF?

safelite CAN and WILL replace your glass with OEM if you ask them too. They do a pretty good job. U lost a nice chunk of change, but u are happy.

So did they fix the tranny lag and shifting issues? Any other differences. Please post up pics.
well my insurance sent me a check with an OEM windshield replacement, but i kept it and trade my truck, after they tried to repair it, I didn't have confidence with them anymore, about the tranny I didn't have any problems with my previous one or the new one yet, but the my new 17" LX is feel weird when it going to stop like the brake pedal shake before it complete stop which is didn't act like that on my previous 16" LX
Old 03-17-17, 09:51 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think I'll trade in my 16' LX too for a new GLS or a Range Rover . . . I can't believe Lexus corporate say they sold me a Shimamoku black steering wheel when, in fact it is regular wood processed steering wheel tinted black. Even worser, the tinted black wood does not match my linear expresso wood which is Shimamoku just called by another name. All this information has been confirmed with two local Lexus dealers, and wait . . . also by Lexus Corporate. The damage has been done, Lexus.

Oh yeah, the stupid white line under the speedo on the HUD is weird indeed. One time, same on them. Two times, shame on me. Never Lexus again if I have my way.
Old 03-18-17, 07:17 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

My 2016 LX will be traded for a new 2017 LX in the next couple of weeks. You only go around once.
Old 03-18-17, 11:57 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I think I'll trade in my 16' LX too for a new GLS or a Range Rover . . . I can't believe Lexus corporate say they sold me a Shimamoku black steering wheel when, in fact it is regular wood processed steering wheel tinted black. Even worser, the tinted black wood does not match my linear expresso wood which is Shimamoku just called by another name. All this information has been confirmed with two local Lexus dealers, and wait . . . also by Lexus Corporate. The damage has been done, Lexus.

Oh yeah, the stupid white line under the speedo on the HUD is weird indeed. One time, same on them. Two times, shame on me. Never Lexus again if I have my way.
I think you should do it as it really bothers you. I wanted to get a Range Rover also but I really wanted the peace of mind of a car that I could keep for at least 8-10 years and that might not be possible with a Range Rover.
The GLS is nice but the interior is really out dated compared to the C, E or S class.
The advantage of trading it in now is that you won't lose much especially if you had a good discount when you got it.
Old 03-18-17, 05:20 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i didnt know "worser' was a word.

Why cant u all wait for the next generation LX, its around the corner and coming next year?
Old 03-18-17, 06:56 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"worser" is a word on the LX forum because for quite a few of us Engrish is not a first or second language,
What's even better, most people here don't have to justify their purchasing decisions to other inquiring minds.
Old 03-19-17, 09:18 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

For better or worser I picked my 2017 up yesterday.
Old 03-19-17, 10:06 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations. Drive it in good health.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 11:15 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Congratulations (as always), Greg! Curious - was there a particular reason for the update or just the new car itch (which I totally understand)? Ours is two weeks old, and we absolutely love it (even the much-maligned [in pre-2016 form] Dunlop tires have impressed me favorably thus far).

Quick Reply: Just traded my 16" LX in for 17" LX