LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just traded my 16" LX in for 17" LX

Old 03-19-17, 01:31 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Congratulations (as always), Greg! Curious - was there a particular reason for the update or just the new car itch (which I totally understand)? Ours is two weeks old, and we absolutely love it (even the much-maligned [in pre-2016 form] Dunlop tires have impressed me favorably thus far).
I generally trade once a year. I have had no issues with my Dunlops and they seem to be capable. I live in Florida so wet weather is about as bad as it gets. They were quiet, even after I had them rotated.

Been driving the 2017 RX for a month or so now and really enjoying the getting back in the LX. Not that the RX was not fun but I felt too exposed to harm and feel safer in the LX. Took the RX to Atlanta a few weeks ago and it was not the LX for sure.

I love this beast!😻
Old 03-19-17, 02:03 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Is there an option where I can get guaranteed protection​against any windshield damage to get a new LX570? 😀😀😀. HAHA. LOL JUST KIDDING

Congratulations on your new LX570😉😉😉

Originally Posted by ohiois350
well my insurance sent me a check with an OEM windshield replacement, but i kept it and trade my truck, after they tried to repair it, I didn't have confidence with them anymore, about the tranny I didn't have any problems with my previous one or the new one yet, but the my new 17" LX is feel weird when it going to stop like the brake pedal shake before it complete stop which is didn't act like that on my previous 16" LX
Old 03-19-17, 04:39 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi guys, let me start out with my short story, i just had my 16" LX for four months and got a rock hit my windshield, got safelite try to fix it, but still there and I don't want to replace it because I afraid it would leak later, thinking hard for two months and finally trade it in for 17" LX i know i am dumb to do that, but i got a year newer and a great thing that i found on the new 17" LX is NO more white line where the speed odometer of the head up display on the windshield, i think Lexus corrected that issue which nice
Congratulations on the new truck! And I'm not judging... I did a lot of car flipping back in my day

Enjoy!
Old 03-19-17, 04:45 PM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I generally trade once a year. I have had no issues with my Dunlops and they seem to be capable. I live in Florida so wet weather is about as bad as it gets. They were quiet, even after I had them rotated.

Been driving the 2017 RX for a month or so now and really enjoying the getting back in the LX. Not that the RX was not fun but I felt too exposed to harm and feel safer in the LX. Took the RX to Atlanta a few weeks ago and it was not the LX for sure.

I love this beast!😻
Like you said, we only go around once! Again, enjoy! I hope your dealership treats you right. For what it's worth, earlier today I was actually commenting with my wife about how long it's been since I've had an ongoing relationship with a car sales department. I have bought four new Lexus vehicles from four different places...

I think these Dunlops are definitely an improvement over the 20" versions in '08+ LX (I remember you had a preference for the OEM Michelins).

As for the LX vs. RX part, I hear you completely. The RX is very nice, but I can't resist the big truck with the V8 either. You do have the hybrid, which adds to the fun.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 06:28 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

And one more thing i just noticed is the E brake is not engaged when i put the tranny in the "P" mode on the 17" versus 16"
Old 03-20-17, 06:35 AM
caha14
Racer

And one more thing i just noticed is the E brake is not engaged when i put the tranny in the "P" mode on the 17" versus 16"
That feature still exists; it's just turned off in your '17. Next time you engage the E-brake, when you are pulling on the switch, hold it. It will eventually beep, and you'll see an update in the cluster telling you that auto-on/off has been enabled.

The only "feature" I gather was taken away was that HUD line I haven't seen (for obvious reasons).
Old 03-20-17, 11:20 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

That feature still exists; it's just turned off in your '17. Next time you engage the E-brake, when you are pulling on the switch, hold it. It will eventually beep, and you'll see an update in the cluster telling you that auto-on/off has been enabled.

The only "feature" I gather was taken away was that HUD line I haven't seen (for obvious reasons).
But the 16" LX alway engaged when i put the tranny in P, and the E brake is automatically on, but not like that on 17" i have to manually engage the e brake, but love the fact no more white line in the HUD
Old 03-20-17, 11:26 AM
caha14
Racer

But the 16" LX alway engaged when i put the tranny in P, and the E brake is automatically on, but not like that on 17" i have to manually engage the e brake, but love the fact no more white line in the HUD
I am genuinely intrigued by the white line...

Please reread my post. My point is that your '16 was delivered to you with the "Auto E-Brake" setting enabled, and your '17 has it turned off. What I described is how you can enable it in your '17 so that it does exactly the same as your '16. For what it's worth, my '17 actually had it enabled when I got it, and I turned it off! Go figure...
ohiois350 (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 01:43 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Like you said, we only go around once! Again, enjoy! I hope your dealership treats you right. For what it's worth, earlier today I was actually commenting with my wife about how long it's been since I've had an ongoing relationship with a car sales department. I have bought four new Lexus vehicles from four different places...

I think these Dunlops are definitely an improvement over the 20" versions in '08+ LX (I remember you had a preference for the OEM Michelins).

As for the LX vs. RX part, I hear you completely. The RX is very nice, but I can't resist the big truck with the V8 either. You do have the hybrid, which adds to the fun.
The people at Lexus of Jacksonville know me very well and they have never failed in treating me right. I have bought over 20 vehicles from them! The service department has never disappointed. They even arranged an two day loaner of a GS-F which I found exhilarating but reminded me why I do not need that much horsepower on a daily basis. The damn thing was a rocket ship for sure.
Old 03-21-17, 07:06 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The people at Lexus of Jacksonville know me very well and they have never failed in treating me right. I have bought over 20 vehicles from them! The service department has never disappointed. They even arranged an two day loaner of a GS-F which I found exhilarating but reminded me why I do not need that much horsepower on a daily basis. The damn thing was a rocket ship for sure.
That's fantastic, and I miss the days when I had a go-to showroom and sales person. I have a great relationship with my dealership's service department, but as for sales, the local Lexus folks are truly a mixed bag and really not much better (if at all) than the stereotypical dealer experience.

GS-F... my, oh my! I have been afraid of driving that car as I don't want to be tempted. For now, I am sticking to my 600hL as my "fun" car. It's no GS-F, but the damn thing does pull!
ggebhardt (03-21-17)