LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Best Service Departments

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-17, 08:01 PM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Service Departments

A different kind of question, relating to service. Especially troubleshooting. But also more mundane matters, such as headlight aim (I actually ended up having to aim them myself) & other adjustments.
I live in Scottsdale, AZ. There are about 10 Lexus dealers here in the Phoenix area; I have had "mostly OK" experience with the local service dept (both on & off warranty - RX-400, GS-300, LX-570). Some experiences were "not very OK".
Would it be proper for Lexus owners (especially LX-570) to "rate" their dealerships with regard to satisfaction with the service department? A list of highly-recommended service departments might be pretty useful..
Anyone willing to share good (or bad) experiences concerning their local dealerships (service dept, not sales).
MODERATORS: Is this sort of informal "info sharing" OK for us to post?
Bob
Old 02-21-17, 09:57 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I think this is a fair and useful post, though your geography would severely limit the amount of responses you may get; I'd almost post this in another ClubLexus forum as you're seeking general Lexus service depts, not one specifically for the Lx570.

For me, I'd check on sites like dealerrater.com as I've had consistently good intelligence for service department feedback. Now, like Yelp, some of the reviews are from people who will never be pleased or some are from people who are happy because they have "air conditioned lobby's with free coffee" so take the star rating with a grain of salt. It almost boils down to if you can find a Service Advisor you're comfortable with.
The following users liked this post:
hazilim (02-22-17)
Old 02-24-17, 09:48 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Having myself owned six Lexi, all from the same dealership (the only one within a 60 mile radius), the service quality experience has varied. The determining factor seems to be largely based on two factors. One is the current department supervisor. The second is the service advisor. I have never been offered the chance to meet any service technician who will actually do the work, everything is communicated via the advisor (writer) who may or may not have a background as a mechanic. .So, I think a review of dealer service departments would yield only a limited amount really useful information. What is excellent one trip might be poor the next visit.
Old 02-24-17, 04:47 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
I think this is a fair and useful post, though your geography would severely limit the amount of responses you may get; I'd almost post this in another ClubLexus forum as you're seeking general Lexus service depts, not one specifically for the Lx570.
I agree...no difference in service departments attitude and knowledge based on Lexus models.

Originally Posted by Reggie1
Having myself owned six Lexi, all from the same dealership (the only one within a 60 mile radius), the service quality experience has varied. The determining factor seems to be largely based on two factors. One is the current department supervisor. The second is the service advisor. I have never been offered the chance to meet any service technician who will actually do the work, everything is communicated via the advisor (writer) who may or may not have a background as a mechanic. .So, I think a review of dealer service departments would yield only a limited amount really useful information. What is excellent one trip might be poor the next visit.
Good point...service writer at local Lexus dealer left, and with her leaving I noticed a drop in attitude. I ended up using an indy shop which is far superior in knowledge and skill v. either the local Lexus or Toyota store.

I'd say the same thing for the SF bay area. There's an extremely good indy shop in San Carlos...better imo than any place on the peninsula or east bay.