LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Our new 17 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-17, 05:48 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
Love the interior colors. Vehicle looks fantastic.
I'm not wild about the way Lexus handles the LX interior color scheme. The seats and door cards match, but the rest is black regardless of seat color. I understand that to have the entire interior color-matched would be quite expensive for Lexus, though. That's why I selected black seats and door cards - and I like the all black interior look. Wife's Lexus has saddle tan seats. The tan is very good looking, but having the rest of the interior black simply does not look right to me. Like Lexus tried to build an elegant interior but ran out of money. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have our own likes and dislikes.
Old 02-09-17, 11:49 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

You now need an RCF (the most powerful V8 CURRENTLY in production by Lexus)!! To round up your collection!!! I have the same line up as you with the RCF.

Originally Posted by tlhicks
Nice I like that Blue.We have 3 lexus. 2017 LX570, 2016 CT200H and 2013 RX450H
Old 02-10-17, 08:16 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
You now need an RCF (the most powerful V8 CURRENTLY in production by Lexus)!! To round up your collection!!! I have the same line up as you with the RCF.

Wow sounds cool. Post pictures please!
Old 03-10-17, 08:32 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Took this pic of our LX while visiting my Mom's house. The color looks fantastic under direct sunlight. The second photo is with our two Lexus's together. Usually we keep the GS in a garage away from home, but had it out for the in-laws to use.
The following users liked this post:
Seize (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 12:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
Took this pic of our LX while visiting my Mom's house. The color looks fantastic under direct sunlight. The second photo is with our two Lexus's together. Usually we keep the GS in a garage away from home, but had it out for the in-laws to use.

Looks really good, I'm really diggin' that color
Old 03-12-17, 09:52 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking great! A bit familiar too, LOL (the truck, not the beautiful surroundings, as we are still stuck with winter out here )!

Loving the garage too.
Old 03-13-17, 12:32 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that we have had our new LX for almost two weeks, I have a quick question regarding the brakes. I feel as if there is constant brake pedal pressure change while my foot is on the pedal. I can feel (and hear?) a purging/pressure change through the brake pedal. I regularly find myself creeping up on the car in front of me while at a stop light, as if the brake pressure I am applying with my foot becomes inadequate, causing the vehicle to move. One point today, it even acted a bit funny when I applied the brakes, as if the engine was still revving. Anyone else experience anything like any of these traits? Not sure if this is just the way LX's are, or if I should be taking ours in to get checked out. Other than the brake concern, we are loving the LX. Clear bra was installed on Monday, tint last week and we now have 500 miles racked up already.

Definitely would have that brake pedal situation looked at. It does NOT sound normal. Otherwise, you have a beautiful rig. That Blue Mica is superb. Congrats and thank you for sharing!
Old 03-13-17, 06:42 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Definitely would have that brake pedal situation looked at. It does NOT sound normal. Otherwise, you have a beautiful rig. That Blue Mica is superb. Congrats and thank you for sharing!
Thank you for the confirmation on the brakes as I defiantly appreciate all input. My gut has been telling me the brake system is not right. I do have an appointment to drop it off on Wednesday. Not knowing specifics, I would say it feels like it has something to do with the brake booster/master cylinder, but we shall see. Ill be sure to post an update after my dealer has a chance to take a look.
Old 03-13-17, 10:24 PM
LamCars
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the confirmation on the brakes as I defiantly appreciate all input. My gut has been telling me the brake system is not right. I do have an appointment to drop it off on Wednesday. Not knowing specifics, I would say it feels like it has something to do with the brake booster/master cylinder, but we shall see. Ill be sure to post an update after my dealer has a chance to take a look.
Sorry, new to the forums but yeah, I have also noticed it in my 2016 LX that it does make that sound when I come to a stop or apply the brakes going down a hill. It makes me wonder about what it is because it is faint but it is still noticeable.
Old 03-17-17, 09:22 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

any updates from the dealer regarding on the brake shake? I didn't have that issue on me 16" LX, but i just traded in for the 17" LX and noticed twice on the way home from the dealer, my feel like the truck is stop and jurk and stop again
Old 03-18-17, 07:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Now that we have had our new LX for almost two weeks, I have a quick question regarding the brakes. I feel as if there is constant brake pedal pressure change while my foot is on the pedal. I can feel (and hear?) a purging/pressure change through the brake pedal. I regularly find myself creeping up on the car in front of me while at a stop light, as if the brake pressure I am applying with my foot becomes inadequate, causing the vehicle to move. One point today, it even acted a bit funny when I applied the brakes, as if the engine was still revving. Anyone else experience anything like any of these traits? Not sure if this is just the way LX's are, or if I should be taking ours in to get checked out. Other than the brake concern, we are loving the LX. Clear bra was installed on Monday, tint last week and we now have 500 miles racked up already.
Not normal. There has always been some slack space in the pedal before it engages and starts to brake but you get used to,
that quickly. But what you are describing is not normal and I have never felt what you are describing.
Old 03-18-17, 11:20 AM
brookiep85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful, congrats!
Old 03-18-17, 04:33 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Originally Posted by ohiois350
any updates from the dealer regarding on the brake shake? I didn't have that issue on me 16" LX, but i just traded in for the 17" LX and noticed twice on the way home from the dealer, my feel like the truck is stop and jurk and stop again
Yes, actually we just picked our LX up today from service. Apparently the weird brake feeling is normal for the vehicle and part of its design. I was told that the brake master cylinder and booster are all one unit on this vehicle and that that has something to do with it. They compared my vehicle to another 17 LX on the lot and said they were both the same. So be it. I have naturally adapted to the brakes and automatically apply more pressure on the pedal than I use to . The weird fluid pressure feeling in my foot (and the slight hum) I guess is part of the deal. I can live with it now as I have changed how I apply the brakes in this car, I just wanted to verify there was not an issue.
Old 03-18-17, 05:22 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

jesus. lets start new thread, I sold My 2017 Lexus LX and Went back to the 2016 LX.
The following users liked this post:
ohiois350 (03-18-17)
Old 03-18-17, 06:23 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
jesus. lets start new thread, I sold My 2017 Lexus LX and Went back to the 2016 LX.
that would be a good idea

Quick Reply: Our new 17 LX570