LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Looking for a one owner 2014-15 LX570 White Parchment interior with radar cruise

Old 01-07-17, 05:20 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Looking for a one owner 2014-15 LX570 White Parchment interior with radar cruise

Hello all! Some of you know me on the forms as I've been in a GS for the past six years and now I'm in a newer LS. I love the car.

My wife and I have decided to sell her Mercedes wagon and step up to a newer LX570. As the title states:

White/parchment
All options
No accidents
Southern Car free of salt roads
Mileage no higher than 40k

I have my local dealer looking for me but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone on here was looking to trade one in or maybe their lease is up soon.

Thank you in advance and I can't wait to add this car to the Lexus collection!
Old 01-07-17, 06:22 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NorthPark Lexus at Dominion has one. Sewell Lexus in Dallas has one. I don't know if they are one owner or not. If you decide you wouldn't mind having a nebula gray pearl, with parchment interior, let me know. Ours is a 2015 with 11,700 miles.

Last edited by gptgirl; 01-07-17 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-08-17, 05:44 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Thanks for the response. I've looked all over the internet and it seems as though most of the white ones are in the state of TX. I would have the grey as a second color but since it's going to be the wife's car, we all know color is everything to them so it's gotta be white! Thank you for looking out for me on the used ones. The one in Sewell has 61,000 miles on it. Too many but it's clean. If I'm going to get one out of state that far away, it's gotta be a great deal because of shipping fees.
Old 01-09-17, 09:09 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck. I hope you are able to find one.
Old 01-10-17, 08:17 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

I'd try the classifieds on ih8mud.com.
Old 01-10-17, 01:42 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Because the LC/LX are low-volume units, you'd almost have to expand your search grid nationwide. I know many users, including hankinid, had to fly to other states to get the right vehicle and the LX is certainly a vehicle worth "searching for the right one". Just set up alerts on autotrader and keep looking; I know a member in the LS forums that waited for about a year before finding the right one with the equipment/color combination. For a vehicle that sells a couple thousand units a year (i.e. compared to I think 20k/year for the MB GL series), harder to pick and choose used units plus many LX owners who buy keep them for a considerably long time.
Old 01-10-17, 03:05 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
Because the LC/LX are low-volume units, you'd almost have to expand your search grid nationwide. I know many users, including hankinid, had to fly to other states to get the right vehicle and the LX is certainly a vehicle worth "searching for the right one". Just set up alerts on autotrader and keep looking; I know a member in the LS forums that waited for about a year before finding the right one with the equipment/color combination. For a vehicle that sells a couple thousand units a year (i.e. compared to I think 20k/year for the MB GL series), harder to pick and choose used units plus many LX owners who buy keep them for a considerably long time.
In 2015, Toyota exported 7000 200-series to North America; that consisted of around 3000 Land Cruisers and 4000 LX's. Compare that, as an example, to just under 80,000 4Runners. I had 5-6 used car websites open and I checked them twice a day or more. I found the LX in 2009 in Bend, OR, so a neighbor (Idaho state trooper, as buyer wanted cash ) and I overnighted in Bend and I bought the LX the next day and drove home. I found the Land Cruiser last August after a 4-month search. Flew to Spokane, WA ($64 and 1 hour), bought the truck and took it home.

Patience is a major virtue if you're searching for a low volume vehicle. Have your financing or cash gtg, and expect that travel may be probable.
Old 01-12-17, 03:53 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

I agree with all of you guys here and yes I've done my homework and know what I'm up against. I have one in the state of NC but he's priced higher than he should be being a private seller. He also has a lien on the title so it's just more of a hassle without a dealer involved. I gave him a number but he doesn't want to come down at all, so until he does, the search continues.

Hendrick Lexus called me and got my hopes up on a 14 exactly what I wanted, L certified and all. I told them I'd be there the next day to see it. I never made it down after I found it online and saw the car fax. Side swiped on the passenger side. The pictures of the interior were god awful as it was NASTY! Looked like a lot of baby seats had been in the back. I was disappointed and cancelled my appointment with them. They are searching for me. How can Lexus L certify a car that's been in a accident?!?!

I am willing to travel and you guys are right, I probably will have to. I am not in a huge rush at this time. Trying to sell one of my three cars before I buy one as I will have no room in the garage. The wife's Benz wagon is on cars.com but no takers yet. Might have to trade it in. No financing needed so that's a bonus when buying but I think buying from a dealer is going to be the best bet.

If if anyone has any other info on anything coming up off a lease or going up for sale, please keep me posted.

Thank you!

Last edited by mmade22; 01-12-17 at 04:01 AM.