LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Did any of you consider a LC when you got your LX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-16, 05:54 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Did any of you consider a LC when you got your LX?

Wife loves the 16 Lx570. The electronics refresh, pre-collision safety system, new look, new tranny, she just loves it. We just don't want to splash $92k on one yet.

Then today while looking at a Sequoia Platinum (nice ride, a little less refined than we'd like) she came across a 16 new LC. Drove it, liked it.

Other than the aesthetics, Mark Levinson, AHC suspension power 3rd row, I think that the LC may be worth the $15k difference.

Have any of you checked out the 16 LC? Thoughts?
Old 11-03-16, 09:47 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
Wife loves the 16 Lx570. The electronics refresh, pre-collision safety system, new look, new tranny, she just loves it. We just don't want to splash $92k on one yet.

Then today while looking at a Sequoia Platinum (nice ride, a little less refined than we'd like) she came across a 16 new LC. Drove it, liked it.

Other than the aesthetics, Mark Levinson, AHC suspension power 3rd row, I think that the LC may be worth the $15k difference.

I had a similar choice last year and went with the LC and no complaints.
Better aesthetics (front end, for example) imo go to the LC. I don't really need a sound system with 17 speakers. AHC is nice, KDSS also seems fine off road, but lacks the obvious adjustability of AHC. 3rd row lasted about a day or two once I got her home...they're now in the attic. Toyota imports 25% fewer Cruisers than LX's, resale generally tends to be higher for the LC.
Old 11-03-16, 09:53 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes, I considered also LC. But decided for LX because with AHC it drives better, dynamic cruise control is full speed range (with LC it works from 25 mph) and Mark Levinson is also an advantage for me.
Sequoia is not bad, if you need the space. I still own 08' Sequoia Limited. But both LX and LC drive better and have better offroad capabilities.
Old 11-04-16, 04:08 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You might be able to get for much less than $92K. I had mine for $84K after $8K+ discount off MSRP. I think it is really worth it, especially the nicer seats, leather, and infotainment system. That said, you really can't go wrong with any of them. Goodluck
Old 11-04-16, 07:06 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for your thoughts all.

Curious if the LX, with the AHC, drives significantly better on suburban streets than the LC? Both the LC/LX drives noticeably better than the Sequoia Platinum, to which I was surprised.

New LX's with features my wife wants (16, pre-collision, DVD) stickers for ~$98k and Park Place here in Dallas is quoting $92k as a "best price". Haven't haggled at all since I'm not 100% sure the LX is the best path forward yet. LC's MSRP 86k-ish, one dealer came in at $79k but all these new Toyota dealers are "class-less" with a ton of add-ons like paint sealant, tint etc...y'all know the drill

BTW we also looked at the GL450 and my wife said it didn't hold a candle to the LC/LX. Knew I married her for a reason...
Old 11-04-16, 10:33 AM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I looked at both...went with the Lexus because the AHC was a good bit smoother riding and the interior is in my opinion much nicer in the LX.
Old 11-04-16, 08:35 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I had the same decision to make. Went for the 16 LC. Better looking front (will age better), don't have to worry about adjustable suspension and potential future costs to repair. As well bought it at really good price of 76k right after it came out. Year in and love it.
Old 11-04-16, 09:07 PM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually like the ride of the LC better than the LX because of the LC's KDSS. It makes it drive smaller than it is, which is in contrast to the LX which drives like a floaty ocean liner. That said, I own 2 LXs- a 2010 and a 2013. Even with the 2016 (which I'll be buying soon to replace our 2010) there are too many nice to have luxury features missing from the LC. If I was buying new I'd consider buying the Toyota to save some $ but it'd be a tough call. It's an easy call if you buy used as the LC holds its value better than the Lexus. Thus, you can buy a one year old LX with all the additional luxury features for the same price as a one year old Cruiser.
Old 11-06-16, 06:29 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

I personally think the LC is the better vehicle for utility purposes. The LX has more luxury and gets the luxury point across better, but there has always been something special about the LC. Perhaps its the low volume, or perhaps its the high Toyota MSRP. They are both good vehicles otherwise.
Old 11-06-16, 12:27 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks all - like you all said, can't go wrong with either vehicle. I had initially budgeted the mid $50s for this (either a new Sequioa Platinum or pre-owned LC/LX), she really likes the updates in the 2016 models. So will continue to save $ and search...at least we're focused on the right vehicle now. I do anticipate in a few years to find a 2016 LX around the same price as a 2016 LC, and absolutely in love with that burnt orange/red leather interior!
Old 11-08-16, 10:11 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

According to this, the LX is made in the same plant (and same line) as the LC

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/08/t...00-gx-feature/

That is the same Tahara plant that has an obsessive manufacturing culture to perfection

http://www.autonews.com/article/2007...flagship-plant
Old 11-08-16, 11:39 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I personally think the LC is the better vehicle for utility purposes. The LX has more luxury and gets the luxury point across better, but there has always been something special about the LC. Perhaps its the low volume, or perhaps its the high Toyota MSRP. They are both good vehicles otherwise.
I don't seem to have the need to "get the luxury point across better"...not sure how I feel about those who do. .

Thanks all - like you all said, can't go wrong with either vehicle. I had initially budgeted the mid $50s for this (either a new Sequioa Platinum or pre-owned LC/LX), she really likes the updates in the 2016 models. So will continue to save $ and search...at least we're focused on the right vehicle now. I do anticipate in a few years to find a 2016 LX around the same price as a 2016 LC, and absolutely in love with that burnt orange/red leather interior!
I did exactly the same thing about a year ago and bought a '13 Land Cruiser at a great price. Your projection seems spot on. I always prefer to get something a year or 3 old and let somebody else bite the big one on depreciation.

A Sequoia has nowhere near the off-road capabilities of a Cruiser or LX.

According to this, the LX is made in the same plant (and same line) as the LC

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/08/t...00-gx-feature/

That is the same Tahara plant that has an obsessive manufacturing culture to perfection

http://www.autonews.com/article/2007...flagship-plant
Up to the end of the 100 series, Land Cruisers and their LX clones were made on a dedicated assembly line at the ARACO plant. 200's produced by Toyota Auto Body. Both plants are apparently located in Toyota City. They are all 100% Japanese content trucks.

I'd spend money right NOW for a left-hand drive GX cruiser.
Old 11-08-16, 02:04 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by andreasP
You might be able to get for much less than $92K. I had mine for $84K after $8K+ discount off MSRP. I think it is really worth it, especially the nicer seats, leather, and infotainment system. That said, you really can't go wrong with any of them. Goodluck
Was your car msrp for about 98K? Is 84K plus TTL?
Old 11-08-16, 04:03 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Was your car msrp for about 98K? Is 84K plus TTL?

MSRP was just above $92k. Yes $84k+TTL

I really did not want the rear seats entertainment and it was a deal breaker for about 80% of the available inventory.
Just looked for the color combination I wanted (White or Silver with Cabernet interior) and sent emails to dealers with my offer. After putting a deposit on it, many of the nearby dealers who didn't want to give discounts contacted me and wanted to match the offer but it was too late.
Really wish mine came with the 20" wheels as well. Couldn't find a single one.
Old 11-08-16, 06:36 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by andreasP
MSRP was just above $92k. Yes $84k+TTL

I really did not want the rear seats entertainment and it was a deal breaker for about 80% of the available inventory.
Just looked for the color combination I wanted (White or Silver with Cabernet interior) and sent emails to dealers with my offer. After putting a deposit on it, many of the nearby dealers who didn't want to give discounts contacted me and wanted to match the offer but it was too late.
Really wish mine came with the 20" wheels as well. Couldn't find a single one.

Thanks, AndreasP. This will give me some perspectives to start my negotiation.

Quick Reply: Did any of you consider a LC when you got your LX?