LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Break Hold Feature on 2016 LX 570 ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 02:33 PM
nemirov211
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Break Hold Feature on 2016 LX 570 ???

I used to have a brake hold feature on my LS 460, which I really liked, and which I cannot find on my new 2016 LX 570. It allowed me to take the foot off the brake while keeping the car in 'D' at stop lights. I recently got a new 2016 LX 570 and while it has automatic parking brake (a system of which brake hold is supposed to be a part), the LX does not seem to have the brake hold feature itself (at least not that I could find so far). I cannot find any references to it in the manual and struggling to believe that a $98K car does not have the same basic features as Lexus' much cheaper models. Am I just not finding it or does the LX indeed not have the brake hold feature?
Old 10-20-16, 06:18 PM
tella
Driver

The LX does not have the typical rake lever anymore. It has the button on the next to the shifter. Turns on upon the "park" gear, and off once out of the park. A driver can manually turn it on and off.
Old 10-20-16, 08:00 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have watched the lexus videos once and long ago about braking that one could take the foot off the brake pedal, but I could not find the videos anymore. As I recalled, the videos showed that if the vehicle is on the slope, going up, one could push the brake pedal either harder or twice after the vehicle is stopped ( I don't remember or might be wrong, and I have still not tried yet); the car will not go backward and stay in the same position without having the foot on the brake.

You might ask/call the Lexus technology guy and inform us.

Last edited by DocT; 10-20-16 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-21-16, 12:00 AM
Emirati
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I use the active cruise in stop lights but it only work if there is a car in front of you, not convenient but works 70% of the time.
Old 10-21-16, 09:28 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
I have watched the lexus videos once and long ago about braking that one could take the foot off the brake pedal, but I could not find the videos anymore. As I recalled, the videos showed that if the vehicle is on the slope, going up, one could push the brake pedal either harder or twice after the vehicle is stopped ( I don't remember or might be wrong, and I have still not tried yet); the car will not go backward and stay in the same position without having the foot on the brake.

You might ask/call the Lexus technology guy and inform us.
Well, I tried this morning and it does not work. Only works if use the parking brake.
Old 10-21-16, 10:35 AM
brywhite
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the "feature" is called Hill Start Assist Control. My 2016 has rolled backwards after being stopped on steep grades so I must have been doing something wrong.

I believe this video shows how to use the feature:
The following users liked this post:
tlhicks (02-15-17)
Old 10-21-16, 10:37 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

The brake hold feature will hold the brakes when the car is at a complete stop without having to remain on the brake pedal. A tell tale way of confirming you have the feature is by the "Hold" button someone on the dash or on the wheel. The hill hold assist is a different system that will hold the brakes for ~3 seconds so when transitioning from the brakes to the gas the car will not roll. This system is activated by pressing firmly (even more so than regular braking would need) on the brake pedal when about to start moving off after being stationary.
Old 10-21-16, 07:10 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yardie876
The brake hold feature will hold the brakes when the car is at a complete stop without having to remain on the brake pedal. A tell tale way of confirming you have the feature is by the "Hold" button someone on the dash or on the wheel. The hill hold assist is a different system that will hold the brakes for ~3 seconds so when transitioning from the brakes to the gas the car will not roll. This system is activated by pressing firmly (even more so than regular braking would need) on the brake pedal when about to start moving off after being stationary.
Thank you for clarification. Very helpful to know.
Old 10-21-16, 07:12 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brywhite
I think the "feature" is called Hill Start Assist Control. My 2016 has rolled backwards after being stopped on steep grades so I must have been doing something wrong.

I believe this video shows how to use the feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bre9T-SC3o4
That is the one I saw.
Old 02-18-17, 07:19 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nemirov211
I used to have a brake hold feature on my LS 460, which I really liked, and which I cannot find on my new 2016 LX 570. It allowed me to take the foot off the brake while keeping the car in 'D' at stop lights. I recently got a new 2016 LX 570 and while it has automatic parking brake (a system of which brake hold is supposed to be a part), the LX does not seem to have the brake hold feature itself (at least not that I could find so far). I cannot find any references to it in the manual and struggling to believe that a $98K car does not have the same basic features as Lexus' much cheaper models. Am I just not finding it or does the LX indeed not have the brake hold feature?
You do know that the Ls is their flagship car and the Lx is just the suv version of a Ls . I compare the same year Ls to the Lx and the Ls will always have better feature . The Lx is a few year years behind the Ls in advance techno gadget . The Ls is the first to feature all the technology before it makes it onto other Lexus .
Old 02-19-17, 10:04 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusls4
You do know that the Ls is their flagship car and the Lx is just the suv version of a Ls . I compare the same year Ls to the Lx and the Ls will always have better feature . The Lx is a few year years behind the Ls in advance techno gadget . The Ls is the first to feature all the technology before it makes it onto other Lexus .
Brake Hold is available on RX and even on NX (I think), so there is no good excuse for it to not be offered on LX. LX is flagship Lexus SUV indeed, but it is very, very far from being the "SUV version of an LS".
Old 02-19-17, 11:20 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by lexusls4
You do know that the Ls is their flagship car and the Lx is just the suv version of a Ls Toyota Land Cruiser . I compare the same year Ls to the Lx and the Ls will always have better feature . Not surprising in the least...two completely different vehicles. The Lx is a few year years behind the Ls in advance techno gadget . The Ls is the first to feature all the technology before it makes it onto other Lexus .
"Advance(d) techno gadget(s)" reminds me of the Allstate Insurance TV ad with my hero, "Mayhem", sticking his head through the video display. While the driver is focusing on the display, she drifts into the other lane, almost collides with another car, and ends up with her car in a pond.