LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2017 LX changes?

Old 07-26-16, 08:33 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
I got a loaner RX Hybrid from Lexus dealer, and I found this new RX has 2 figures that LX 570 does not: 1) Departure line..at freeway speed and cruising, I intentionally took my hands off the steering wheel, the car steers itself within the lane and even on slight curve of the road, however the warning signal was on " hands are off the wheeL". 2) On the windy road, the headlights move to either left or right side depends where the car is going ( Like BMW headlights). For instance, if the car is steered on the right the headlights will follow that direction rather than straight.

So what I am trying to say is.......Will new LX570 2017 have those figures after all it is $100K truck? Is it a software or/and hardware upgrade for the steering? What about LX 570 headlights, hardware and software upgrade?
g

humh interesting find
Old 07-26-16, 08:44 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, it almost drives itself without a driver. Tesla has that technology and got one of its driver killed because it says "automatic drive" (What a dumb driver!).
Old 07-26-16, 10:40 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I got a loaner RX Hybrid from Lexus dealer, and I found this new RX has 2 figures that LX 570 does not: 1) Departure line..at freeway speed and cruising, I intentionally took my hands off the steering wheel, the car steers itself within the lane and even on slight curve of the road, however the warning signal was on " hands are off the wheeL". 2) On the windy road, the headlights move to either left or right side depends where the car is going ( Like BMW headlights). For instance, if the car is steered on the right the headlights will follow that direction rather than straight.

So what I am trying to say is.......Will new LX570 2017 have those figures after all it is $100K truck? Is it a software or/and hardware upgrade for the steering? What about LX 570 headlights, hardware and software upgrade?
RX has adaptive headlights as an option (Bi-LED adaptive headlamps). It's interesting that it's cheaper than an other option for RX - triple-beam headlights. I think that LX 570 in some previous years had also adaptive headlights (for HID headlights).
'16 LX 570 has triple-beam headlights which give you a wider beam pattern. At most situations it's quite good but sometimes (mountain roads, turning 90 degrees etc.) I really miss adaptive headlights which I have on my LS460.

LX570 still has a hydraulic power steering. It gives you much better sense what happens with your car but it mpg is slightly worse than for cars with electric power steering. The other disadvantage is that it's much easier to add some steering assistance for electric steering than for hydraulic. So do not expect this type of steering assist with '17LX570.

Old 07-27-16, 07:00 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

2013-2015 has adaptive headlights.

Makes no difference to me as mine are adjusted up and have upgraded LED headlight bulbs in the fog lights when I need more light.
Old 07-28-16, 10:51 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont know why anyone would expect any changes. It seems the LX is on a 3 year cycle before major changes are made, and I were u I would wait until 2018-19 for next generation LX.
There is nothing special about the LX compared to GX other than size. Diehard LX fans will tell u otherwise, but they are a dying breed. You may find that the GX drives better then the LX. I sure think it does.
Old 07-28-16, 12:25 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i dont know why anyone would expect any changes. It seems the LX is on a 3 year cycle before major changes are made, and I were u I would wait until 2018-19 for next generation LX.
There is nothing special about the LX compared to GX other than size. Diehard LX fans will tell u otherwise, but they are a dying breed. You may find that the GX drives better then the LX. I sure think it does.
I have been in a GX and after being a multiple LX owner, if Lexus quit making them, I would still not drive a GX. The GX did not drive better than my LX, not even close.

If you do not see a difference between the GX and LX, consider yourself lucky as to me it is night and day!

Size DOES MATTER except to those who do not have it.
Old 07-28-16, 12:45 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I have been in a GX and after being a multiple LX owner, if Lexus quit making them, I would still not drive a GX. The GX did not drive better than my LX, not even close.

If you do not see a difference between the GX and LX, consider yourself lucky as to me it is night and day!

Yeah, I drove a 2010 GX before I bought my LX. Although the interior is nice enough to me, and there's enough room, and the GX is substantially cheaper, the continuous vibration coming through the steering wheel was impossible to ignore. I only drove 1 GX so it is possible it was the vehicle, but I doubt it. Is that something you noticed as well ggebhardt? I was not about to have a car payment for a ride downgrade. Very noticeable coming from a smooth riding 04 ES while the LX has a similar smooth ride to my ES - in addition to all the other extras you get with this vehicle like lots of space, luxury interior, superior stereo, adjustable suspension at all four wheels, etc.

Last edited by Chocolate; 07-28-16 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-28-16, 01:00 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
Yeah, I drove a 2010 GX before I bought my LX. Although the interior is nice enough to me, and there's enough room, and the GX is substantially cheaper, the continuous vibration coming through the steering wheel was impossible to ignore. I only drove 1 GX so it is possible it was the vehicle, but I doubt it. Is that something you noticed as well ggebhardt? I was not about to have a car payment for a ride downgrade. Very noticeable coming from a smooth riding 04 ES while the LX has a similar smooth ride to my ES - in addition to all the other extras you get with this vehicle like lots of space, luxury interior, superior stereo, adjustable suspension at all four wheels, etc.
The GS interior was subpar compared to my LX a few years ago. My new LX interior is even better. The vibration was present in the GX I drove, the LX isolates you from all the mechanical things and just eats the road up with a "presence" that is not rivaled in my opinion and I have owned about every brand out there. This 2016 LX is my 5th, I think, tells much about my love for them.
Old 07-28-16, 01:27 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

The GS interior was subpar compared to my LX a few years ago. My new LX interior is even better. The vibration was present in the GX I drove, the LX isolates you from all the mechanical things and just eats the road up with a "presence" that is not rivaled in my opinion and I have owned about every brand out there. This 2016 LX is my 5th, I think, tells much about my love for them.
Nice! I agree. This is my first LX and my next vehicle will be another.
Old 07-28-16, 01:44 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Size of the GX was an automatic pass from me. You apparently have never tried fitting your SO, 2 dogs, and enough living on the land stuff to be away from civilization for a week or so. Lexus' version of the 4-Runner won't come close. Not to mention the rear door is designed for people who drive on the left side of the road. Off and 0n-road ride is inferior to the 200 series due to shorter wheelbase.

If you do not see a difference between the two, see an ophthalmologist asap.
Old 07-28-16, 03:51 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

So other than the size, features, suspension, larger engine and different engine mounts, design and appearance, interior, stereo, split tailgate with storage, there's not much extra you get.
Old 07-28-16, 06:37 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

i am with you on this, i used to own 13" LX, and i never felt the smooth of the car or truck before compare to LX, for a personal matter i have to sell my LX, and bought 14" GX luxury package, oh man it is a different, the GX is nice and has enough power for, but it is far below the LXin term of comfy, and smooth ride between the two, and one thing i really hate the GX is it is lean on the right and the truck is pull to the right, and finally i decide to trade it in for the 16" LX, and i am back with LX forum next month guys
Old 07-28-16, 07:16 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What would you expect LX for 2018-2019 be any difference? More power with supercharger, high tech stuff in the truck and different design? Because Lexus still has not announced any changes yet. Please share with us if you have any information. However, I don't think GX is any better or equal to LX in term drive and interior quality like other members have chimed in.

Last edited by DocT; 07-28-16 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-01-16, 05:56 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

2017 will be adding the all new twin turbo V12. will be called the LX670. it will also come with a 6 speed standard with a clutch!
Old 08-01-16, 07:03 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
2017 will be adding the all new twin turbo V12. will be called the LX670. it will also come with a 6 speed standard with a clutch!
I am in...how do you place an order, and what would my monthly's be?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 LX changes?