LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Considering LX. Any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-16, 08:16 AM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Considering LX. Any recommendations?

Hi CL members,

I'm considering a LX for my wife. She really like the 2016 body style. Any recommendations on Packages and prices?

All advices are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-16, 12:48 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Not too many option packages or color choices with the LX. They come very well equipped even on the base models. My only advice is to skip the pimp my ride screens if possible - a total waste of 2k. Odds are every LX you will see will either be base or loaded, though.
Old 06-29-16, 12:50 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Pricing - go to Truecar and bring that to the dealer and negotiate from there. Truecar is very aggressive already and there won't be much more discount beyond that.
Old 06-29-16, 12:52 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

I work in the business and we have a love/hate with Truecar. They bring in lots of customers and also cut the profit to the bone.
Old 06-29-16, 01:19 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
I work in the business and we have a love/hate with Truecar. They bring in lots of customers and also cut the profit to the bone.
Don't you guys get any bonuses with a BIG plaque ( Dealership of the year, .....something like that) from Lexus by the end of the year?
Old 06-29-16, 08:42 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Don't work for Lexus, but another luxury brand.

All corporate cares about is $$$, same as anywhere else.

Can I get an AMEN?

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-29-16 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-29-16, 09:27 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I love truecar and use it quite often. As a starting point for the price negotiation. A few thousands under the Truecar price is usually a quite good deal :-)
Old 06-29-16, 09:37 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't work for Lexus, but another luxury brand.

All corporate cares about is $$$, same as anywhere else.

Can I get an AMEN?
hallelujah?
Old 06-29-16, 10:20 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
I love truecar and use it quite often. As a starting point for the price negotiation. A few thousands under the Truecar price is usually a quite good deal :-)
Exactly - Truecar is already starting you below invoice, sometimes thousands.
Old 06-30-16, 09:34 AM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that there are not many option packages to choose from and agree as well on skipping on the entertainment package with those LCD screens. Out dated technology, given the use of cell phones and iPads.
Old 06-30-16, 10:04 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDJackson
I agree that there are not many option packages to choose from and agree as well on skipping on the entertainment package with those LCD screens. Out dated technology, given the use of cell phones and iPads.
At least the 2016 screens have decent resolution and screen size but the 2013-2015 ones are a joke and I can't believe how many buyers opted for this 2,000 dollar option. But that is how they were/are mostly ordered.

Nice markup on that option but the current manufacturer favorites are backup camera (for now) and navigation.
Old 07-01-16, 05:37 AM
JDJackson
Driver

Chocolate, I agree that they are better, but for that amount of cash, you would expect them to make you a latte, or at least buttered popcorn, as you watch your favorite movie. Crazy spendy for what you get, IMHO.
Old 07-01-16, 08:36 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by JDJackson
Chocolate, I agree that they are better, but for that amount of cash, you would expect them to make you a latte, or at least buttered popcorn, as you watch your favorite movie. Crazy spendy for what you get, IMHO.
Like others said it is the only option that may or may not be on your new LX. My dealer did not have a single LX come in without the entertainment system. If you did not want you would have to special order and wait for months and months.

It is a near $100k vehicle and I find the cost of the entertainment system to be a non-issue if you are wanting a new LX in my area.
Old 07-01-16, 10:25 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

If i were you, i would test drive a GX and LX back to back and see which drives better. This thing handles awful, and if its an improvment over prior LXs I cant imagine how bad they drove. Its got some serious lag and tranny issues and lacks power. Lexus I believe will be adding turbos to then next generation of suvs and be more on par with the RR.

I am waiting for the next generation LX, which should be here in 2-3 years hopefully. gl anyway whatever your decision.
Old 07-01-16, 10:50 AM
JDJackson
Driver

I would say that the lag is indeed frustrating when first starting to drive the LX, but it LEARNS over time and becomes more responsive the longer you drive it.

Quick Reply: Considering LX. Any recommendations?