LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Introduction and my new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-16, 02:07 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I approve.

These rides would look good in teh Hills of West Virginia amongst the local populace
Old 06-29-16, 09:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow you have quite a collection, very nice!!!
Old 07-06-16, 04:46 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by toddturbos
Hi. I've been reading through various Lexus, MB and RR forums and decided on the Lexus.

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures. Looking forward to driving and letting to know the LX better.

Will be mostly a weekend cruzer.

Todd
wow, it has a huge rear end compared to the porsche..
by the by, i would love to get the 911 turbo s. just cant see spending that cash on 1 car though
Old 08-03-16, 06:26 PM
Rexiah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Todd!!! I also recently purchased a lx570 after years of hard work, and I am missing the window sticker. The dealer is REFUSING at all costs to give this to me, saying they have it but is against corporate policy to give it to me. I've always dreamed of framing my window sticker to remind me of all the hardwork I went through to get the car. Could you send me a picture of yours? I REALLLLYYY want to have it. Thankss!!~
Old 01-24-17, 12:52 PM
toddturbos
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rexiah. Sorry for the late response. I've bought several new cars and have never heard of a dealership not providing the original MSRP. I would call Lexus customer service and work with them to resolve your problem. Good luck
Old 01-24-17, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i can only imagine the true reason being the dealership has thrown away that piece of paper and they have no way of reproducing it
Old 01-24-17, 09:10 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Rexiah. Sorry for the late response. I've bought several new cars and have never heard of a dealership not providing the original MSRP. I would call Lexus customer service and work with them to resolve your problem. Good luck
Somebody posted on mud a while ago that it was a Canadian thing, which obviously you wouldn't know about in California...I certainly didn't here in Idaho. Some stated it was individual policy, others that since it was customary, it continued. Were I Rexiah, I would sure as hell get the Lexus regional rep involved. I'd start by calling Lexus customer service for North America. As a side issue, you really don't have solid knowledge of what you paid or till pay for options. E.g., if you didn't fall for the F&I stain resistant spray, paint preservative, quilted floor mats, or any other bovine excrement, without a window sticker, how do you know you whether they stuck it onto the factory truck price anyway. The converse also holds.
Old 01-25-17, 01:08 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi. I've been reading through various Lexus, MB and RR forums and decided on the Lexus.

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures. Looking forward to driving and letting to know the LX better.

Will be mostly a weekend cruzer.

Todd
What a beautiful stable of vehicles! Wow!
Old 01-26-17, 09:24 PM
toddturbos
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you. I enjoy them all, just a challenge keeping them all maintained, I'm very **** about servicing every year even though the MB and Porsche see less then 500 miles annually. Wish I had a set up and knew how to change the oil properly on my own.
Old 01-27-17, 02:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

On the Lexus LX570, you don't need to have a lift or jack it up. Just hit the AHC to "hi" (even normal height will do). The LX is high enough to get under to drain the oil and change the oil filter. Easy to do. If you have everything all together you can do it in 30 minutes or less. Then you will need to take the old oil to somewhere like Walmart, AutoZone, O'Reilly or Discount Auto Parts to get rid of it. I just transfer the old oil into the 5 quart original oil jug I just put into the car. Less messy taking the 5 quart container vs the round oil pan catcher.

You will need a special oil filter removal tool. The same oil filter tool works on my LX570, RX450h, CT200h, and RCF.

On your MB (unless it's an AMG), you can just use an oil extractor to pump and suck out the oil via catheters inserted into the oil dipstick hole. The oil filter is on top of the engine and readily accessible without putting the car on a lift or jacking the car up. Easy to do. On the MB AMG modles called for draining the oil from underneath with its TWO drain botls which requires a lift or jacking up the car. The oil filter is still on top of the engine. You will need an oil filter removal tool for the MB. I change the oil in my MB SLK55 AMG. Easy to do.

IDK about Porches.

Thank you. I enjoy them all, just a challenge keeping them all maintained, I'm very **** about servicing every year even though the MB and Porsche see less then 500 miles annually. Wish I had a set up and knew how to change the oil properly on my own.

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-27-17 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 10:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Mud and UTube have videos on all fluid changes.

As to garage setups, log onto garagejournal.com. You may be a while.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
On the Lexus LX570, you don't need to have a lift or jack it up. Just hit the AHC to "hi" (even normal height will do). The LX is high enough to get under to drain the oil and change the oil filter. Easy to do. If you have everything all together you can do it in 30 minutes or less. Then you will need to take the old oil to somewhere like Walmart, AutoZone, O'Reilly or Discount Auto Parts to get rid of it. I just transfer the old oil into the 5 quart original oil jug I just put into the car. Less messy taking the 5 quart container vs the round oil pan catcher.
My 200 series needs around 7-1/2 quarts, including the filter. Our local garbage company will take and recycle up to 3 gallons a week. Painless.
Old 02-01-17, 08:57 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexiah
Hey Todd!!! I also recently purchased a lx570 after years of hard work, and I am missing the window sticker. The dealer is REFUSING at all costs to give this to me, saying they have it but is against corporate policy to give it to me. I've always dreamed of framing my window sticker to remind me of all the hardwork I went through to get the car. Could you send me a picture of yours? I REALLLLYYY want to have it. Thankss!!~
I can't speak for Canada, but in the USA, if you bought a new car without the monroney sticker, the dealer could be fined up to $1000 if they cannot produce it. Technically, they cannot remove the sticker. It's like those mattress tags. Most dealers will remove it for you but also will give it to you at delivery.
Old 02-02-17, 02:13 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I would have to call the garbage pick up and spend ten minutes or more on the phone to schedule a pickup for used oil. I think it is only allowed once a year. Much quicker that I just take it to an auto parts store or Wally World to dump it (multiple locations to choice from within an easy ten minutes drive. Plus it gives me a chance to test out the vehicle).

Originally Posted by hankinid
Mud and UTube have videos on all fluid changes.

As to garage setups, log onto garagejournal.com. You may be a while.

My 200 series needs around 7-1/2 quarts, including the filter. Our local garbage company will take and recycle up to 3 gallons a week. Painless.