LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Funny noise in AHC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-16, 07:39 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Funny noise in AHC

I have LX 570 2016. When the truck is parked and it is actively lower itself down, then I get out of the truck and walk around the back of it and hear "squeeze" noise for a few seconds. It has happened since the truck was still brand new from the dealership, I thought I need to break it in and it will go away. Now it is 2300miles and still has the same noise. This noise bothers me.

Is it normal to hear that noise while the hydraulic fluid being refilled? Does anyone have the same noise? Should I call the dealership?

Last edited by DocT; 06-16-16 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-15-16, 08:27 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would record the noise so we or the dealer can diagnose it. To be honest it sounds normal.

However, I hate the active lower feature and immediately turned it off.
Old 06-15-16, 09:31 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chocolate
I would record the noise so we or the dealer can diagnose it. To be honest it sounds normal.

However, I hate the active lower feature and immediately turned it off.
So does yours make the same noise as well? This noise can be heard only on the rear of the passenger side. I will record it later and post it on youtube.

Last edited by DocT; 06-15-16 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-16-16, 12:18 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

I would just say, why put additional wear on the system every single time your park or start your vehicle? I turned it off just like the stupid eco light that relights right after a 0-60 run
Old 06-16-16, 01:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

My last three LX make this noise after parking. Usually do not hear it unless in the quiet garage.

The noise does not bother me and my dealer told me that it was normal.

As far as the other poster saying to turn the AHC lowering off to save on wear . . . . LOL!
Old 06-16-16, 09:22 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this is some sort of purge valve noise. My 2008 has always had that sound after shut down. Seems I recall something about it in the owners manual.
Old 06-16-16, 09:37 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
My last three LX make this noise after parking. Usually do not hear it unless in the quiet garage.

As far as the other poster saying to turn the AHC lowering off to save on wear . . . . LOL!
Does yours make noise on the rear of the passenger side or which side of the car?
Old 06-16-16, 09:56 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

It hardly matters for the length of time I will keep the truck. But I stand by my statement, maybe the wear is insignificant, or maybe it is not, but why raise and lower the vehicle a thousand- several thousand plus times unnecessarily?

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-16-16 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-16-16, 11:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

It hardly matters for the length of time I will keep the truck. But I stand by my statement, maybe the wear is insignificant, or maybe it is not, but why raise and lower the vehicle a thousand- several thousand plus times unnecessarily?
Maybe to save wear on the seat that you are having to slide out of rather than stepping on the ground to exit. I bet I keep mine less than yours! Enjoy.
Old 06-16-16, 11:48 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
Does yours make noise on the rear of the passenger side or which side of the car?
I am not sure as with the garage door closed, I just hear it from the rear of the vehicle. It is normal.
Old 06-16-16, 12:19 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Maybe to save wear on the seat that you are having to slide out of rather than stepping on the ground to exit. I bet I keep mine less than yours! Enjoy.
Would rather have wear on seats than wear on the suspension, and probably. I bought a 2013 and traded in a 2004 ES 330 with 130k. By the way, the suspension was very well worn!

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-16-16 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-16-16, 07:08 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

One of the pluses in owning the LX is the auto lowering feature. I have 102,000 on my '11 and the feature is always on. But then again I'm 73 and had a stroke, so even if it is wearing a little extra it wouldn't make any difference. Oh, and the 102,000 isn't all highway miles. Lots of starts and stops a day as a daily driver for both the wife and I.
Old 06-17-16, 02:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Would rather have wear on seats than wear on the suspension, and probably. I bought a 2013 and traded in a 2004 ES 330 with 130k. By the way, the suspension was very well worn!
Well what is great is we all have choice. Each can do as the wish. I have never kept my vehicles past the warranty and choose to use all the features that Lexus gave me.

In the mean time you might want to check into some nice seat covers.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 06-17-16 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-17-16, 04:38 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Well what is great is we all have choice. Each can do as the wish. I have never kept my vehicles past the warranty and choose to use all the features that Lexus gave me.

In the mean time you might want to check into some nice seat covers.
I understand. This is just part of my OCD trying to keep the car running as long as possible even after I sell it on. Thinking of pickup up these sweet ones up!

Who needs semi-aniline when you can go full koala?

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-17-16 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-17-16, 05:18 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I understand. This is just part of my OCD trying to keep the car running as long as possible even after I sell it on. Thinking of pickup up these sweet ones up!

Who needs semi-aniline when you can go full koala?
HOLY COW!

Those look nice. Always liked koala's fir, LOL! These would turn some heads for sure!

Quick Reply: Funny noise in AHC