LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

VIN lookup

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 08:09 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN lookup

I have logged into lexus.com to do look up a VIN, but, it keeps saying BAD RESULT and will not open the page. Is there another way to look up a Lexus VIN to get the maintenance information?
Old 02-19-16, 09:05 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
I have logged into lexus.com to do look up a VIN, but, it keeps saying BAD RESULT and will not open the page. Is there another way to look up a Lexus VIN to get the maintenance information?
How many characters in the VIN you're asking about? If the truck were not originally shipped to the North American market, you may have issues...

If you don't have the truck nearby to carefully copy the number, I'd call the person selling the truck and ask them to read the VIN to you while they're either standing at the truck or reading from the title.

hth

Steve
Old 02-19-16, 10:48 AM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
How many characters in the VIN you're asking about? If the truck were not originally shipped to the North American market, you may have issues...

If you don't have the truck nearby to carefully copy the number, I'd call the person selling the truck and ask them to read the VIN to you while they're either standing at the truck or reading from the title.

hth

Steve
Steve,

I am looking up VIN's from a dealer website in Dallas. I can't even get to the page to enter the VIN. That is when it gives me a blank page and says bad request. I know I have done it before from the owners site. I may call Lexus tech support today and see if they can help
Old 02-19-16, 12:01 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
Steve,

I am looking up VIN's from a dealer website in Dallas. I can't even get to the page to enter the VIN. That is when it gives me a blank page and says bad request. I know I have done it before from the owners site. I may call Lexus tech support today and see if they can help
So, what if you were to call the Dallas dealer, speak w/ someone in internet sales, and see if they can help?

Steve