LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-16, 01:18 PM
jacal
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats

I ordered the weathertech digital fit liners for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd row/cargo area in black.

Weathertech is adamant that the 3rd row doesn't work with the power 3rd row seats. Based on some searches I figured I'd try it out and see for myself.

You will need to cut out the 4 anchor points. I removed the plastic anchor covers, and used them as a template ontop of the weathertech. This allowed me to have some "lip" around those anchors. A pairing knife worked fine.

The length is good, the front just tucks under the 2nd row for excellent protection, and the back sits right up to the tailgate.

Only issue: there are two side "wings" that get compressed by the seat shocks (see pics of one side down one side up. So far it doesn't seem to be a problem, but it would be easy to remove those from the weathertech as well, but loose the outter "lip"

J
Attached Thumbnails LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats-20160206_145436.jpg   LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats-20160206_145451.jpg   LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats-20160206_145503.jpg   LX 570 cargo area weathertech floorliner mats-20160206_145509.jpg  
Old 02-06-16, 02:54 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by jacal
Weathertech is adamant that the 3rd row doesn't work with the power 3rd row seats. Based on some searches I figured I'd try it out and see for myself.

You will need to cut out the 4 anchor points. I removed the plastic anchor covers, and used them as a template ontop of the weathertech. This allowed me to have some "lip" around those anchors. A pairing knife worked fine.

The length is good, the front just tucks under the 2nd row for excellent protection, and the back sits right up to the tailgate.

Only issue: there are two side "wings" that get compressed by the seat shocks (see pics of one side down one side up. So far it doesn't seem to be a problem, but it would be easy to remove those from the weathertech as well, but loose the outter "lip"

J
I'm happy they ship the mats uncut. Removing the third row seats happened within 2 or 3 days from getting the trucks.

One thing I don't like about the WT's is that they're slippery as hell...stuff tends to move around a lot in the back. I fixed that with a sheet of 1/4" neoprene cut to fit in the WT. You can also use cheap indoor carpet.

Steve
Old 02-08-16, 02:07 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jacal - This is exactly what I am doing as well. I have the same black digiliners in the front two rows and will cut the cargo area to fit. Much better than ruining the carpet back there!
Old 02-08-16, 05:41 PM
jacal
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDJackson
jacal - This is exactly what I am doing as well. I have the same black digiliners in the front two rows and will cut the cargo area to fit. Much better than ruining the carpet back there!
Agreed! If I were to do it again, I'd cut on the innermost edge of that upper lip. I kinda "split" that area in the middle, but can't see any reason.

J
Old 02-08-16, 06:28 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jacal
I ordered the weathertech digital fit liners for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd row/cargo area in black.

J
And this - exactly - is how the cargo liner fits all LX570s since 2008... Not sure what WT's continued hang-up is on this issue for the 2015 model LX specifically. By now, they should have a better clue... It is the same, exact interior, and they all have power 3rd row seats, as we all know.
Old 02-08-16, 06:44 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Yes, the Weather Techs work great with the third row seat when the cutouts are made as described, in the LX 2016, as I've said on other threads. The "wings" noted that go under the third row seats folded up are not a problem for me, and don't seem that noticeable. I prefer these over the Lexus mats because the "lip" around the outer edges, which catches and holds melting snow and other liquids.
Old 02-09-16, 12:38 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
And this - exactly - is how the cargo liner fits all LX570s since 2008... Not sure what WT's continued hang-up is on this issue for the 2015 model LX specifically.
They have the same "hang-up" on 2010, which is what I have. Not year specific, but it begs the question as to why they would produce something specific to a car model and then state that it wont fit. This is especially true since ALL LXs have powered seats in the US. (scratching my head...)
Old 02-09-16, 01:01 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JDJackson
They have the same "hang-up" on 2010, which is what I have. Not year specific, but it begs the question as to why they would produce something specific to a car model and then state that it wont fit. This is especially true since ALL LXs have powered seats in the US. (scratching my head...)
Interesting. My point was that at least until recently, they would gladly sell you a liner for 2008-14 but tell you that one was not available for 2015, despite the cargo area being identical across all 8 model years.
Old 02-10-16, 09:03 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scored with a set from on eBay. OEM used and work fine! All seats move they way they are supposed too. Most people are not aware that the second row moves, even if they move, I've not had a problem.