LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment

Old 02-02-16, 10:36 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment

I know I know.... it's a personal choice. Just looking to get feedback....

I'm torn betw. the 2: At first we thought parchment bec. that's what we have on both our GS and GX but after looking at a silver vehicle with Cabernet interior it looks really elegant (something you see a lot in RR, MB, Bentley, Porche, etc).

Also - it looks like the Cab is harder to find. Supposedly can't be kept on the lot long enough
Old 02-03-16, 12:26 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
I know I know.... it's a personal choice. Just looking to get feedback....

I'm torn betw. the 2: At first we thought parchment bec. that's what we have on both our GS and GX but after looking at a silver vehicle with Cabernet interior it looks really elegant (something you see a lot in RR, MB, Bentley, Porche, etc).

Also - it looks like the Cab is harder to find. Supposedly can't be kept on the lot long enough
I only wish the Cabernet is a bit more red, it is more browner than in the pictures, but still, I like it better; Parchment will be nice but too easy to get dirty
Old 02-03-16, 05:31 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. If a bottle of my Cabernet looks like that, I pour it down the sink. Parchment for me. YMMV.
Old 02-03-16, 07:20 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw a 2016 LX 570, silver with cabernet. It was a bizarre combo to say the least. I dread to think of its resale value when the dust settles. That said, black exterior/cabernet would look OK, I think
Old 02-03-16, 09:52 AM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Interesting take yakim and ybing.

I too didn't like it at first but subsequently it's grown on me to the point that it's a must have :

Now you'll have me confused again! The dealership has a parchment with my name on it.. but I'm holding off waiting for the Cabernet.....

So why do you think resale would be bad? The fact that there are none on the lots does it mean that they are selling fast or ..... just not in demand? Dealers tell me the color is in high demand

Last edited by AustinHusk; 02-03-16 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-03-16, 01:10 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LX 570 crowd is generally pretty "conservative", low-key and not into flash. ( Otherwise, I'd be driving a Range Rover or a Caddy). I also remember getting dinged by a dealer many years ago when I was trading a Saab convertible with red leather interior.That cabernet color may or may not fit the image of a typical LX driver, hence the resale concern. On the other hand, I may be totally wrong and its just me. The bottom line is if you like it, go for it.
Parchment leather is very difficult to keep clean and is stained easily if you wear jeans. Gray or black would be my choice next time around

Last edited by yakim; 02-03-16 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 03:03 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by yakim
LX 570 crowd is generally pretty "conservative", low-key and not into flash. ( Otherwise, I'd be driving a Range Rover or a Caddy). I also remember getting dinged by a dealer many years ago when I was trading a Saab convertible with red leather interior.That cabernet color may or may not fit the image of a typical LX driver, hence the resale concern. On the other hand, I may be totally wrong and its just me. The bottom line is if you like it, go for it.
Parchment leather is very difficult to keep clean and is stained easily if you wear jeans. Gray or black would be my choice next time around
right on.

I've had that issue on both my current vehicles.
Old 02-03-16, 03:11 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

My wife wanted that cabernet seat but I decided to go for black.
Please don't get me wrong for not choosing the cabernet color
but in my opinion, cabernet is an elegant color (and my second choice) but I associate it more for the feminine LX drivers. Trade value wise , I think I will be a plus. I had a black Platinum Toyota Sequioa with Red Rock Leather seat and had a good trade-in value.
Finally, I say, it's your own money, life is short, get want your heart desire and enjoy it for good health.
Old 02-03-16, 05:37 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Nice advice gama2002
Old 02-03-16, 09:44 PM
aashour6
Driver School Candidate

We have an onyx black on cabernet 2016, the red does have a brown tint to it and thats why we like it so much. It doesnt make the inside look like a full on sports car but also doesnt look bland. We waited almost 2 months to get the color combo we wanted and we are very happy with it. I highly recommend the cabernet but you can also never go wrong with black either. I dont recommend parchment at all, it will get dirty very fast and it will bug you. The best color combos imho are onyx black on cabernet, silver lining on cabernet, and nightfall mica on black.

Last edited by aashour6; 02-03-16 at 09:46 PM. Reason: left out detail
Old 02-03-16, 10:33 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by aashour6
We have an onyx black on cabernet 2016, the red does have a brown tint to it and thats why we like it so much. It doesnt make the inside look like a full on sports car but also doesnt look bland. We waited almost 2 months to get the color combo we wanted and we are very happy with it. I highly recommend the cabernet but you can also never go wrong with black either. I dont recommend parchment at all, it will get dirty very fast and it will bug you. The best color combos imho are onyx black on cabernet, silver lining on cabernet, and nightfall mica on black.
Nice!

Can you post some pics? Would love to see what that combo looks like
Old 02-03-16, 10:35 PM
aashour6
Driver School Candidate

Nice!

Can you post some pics? Would love to see what that combo looks like
I'm not near the car now but i will post them tomorrow, it really is a great combo.
Old 02-03-16, 11:06 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

OK cool . Looking forward to seeing 'em
Old 02-04-16, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

i think white on cabernet looks so nice
Old 02-05-16, 07:36 PM
NLu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pictures are misleading. The actual seats are far more brown/faded than the rich reddish color indicated in the pictures.

The red seats in the GS/IS, even the NX, are far closer to the color in this picture. The LX cabernet is distinctly different color than these other vehicles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment