LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 11:02 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Never trust official pictures from any brand LOL, they all looks much nicer than real one
Old 02-12-16, 12:18 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dream car

Not an "official" picture, this is my iPhone photo of my dream LX, Atomic Silver/Parchment. I love the matte finish walnut with the Parchment leather. Unfortunately, this vehicle has the ugly and intrusive and useless (to me) Rear Seat Entertainment System, which killed the deal on the spot. Apparently every 2016 LX in the Southern Region has RSES and 21" wheels. So, I am still driving my old 2008, which is good enough for me, for now.

2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment-lx-atomic-silver-w-parchment-web.jpg
Old 02-12-16, 05:25 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeivan
Not an "official" picture, this is my iPhone photo of my dream LX, Atomic Silver/Parchment. I love the matte finish walnut with the Parchment leather. Unfortunately, this vehicle has the ugly and intrusive and useless (to me) Rear Seat Entertainment System, which killed the deal on the spot. Apparently every 2016 LX in the Southern Region has RSES and 21" wheels. So, I am still driving my old 2008, which is good enough for me, for now.

Attachment 379828
I have black exterior and parchment interior. I really like the parchment, though it comes with black floor mats, and I went with black Weather Tech mats. I think you are wise to avoid the rear seat entertainment system--- I don't have it and would dislike the space issues and problems folding the seats. Buy two IPads instead.
Old 02-13-16, 09:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I would choose the Cabernet. Very rich, different, etc.
Old 03-03-16, 05:05 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to add the paint protection, tint and body protection. I know gama posted on this (or some other thread) about the products he used.

Anybody have a take on this? This is what the dealer sent me:

Here are the following protectants that we can put on your LX 570.

We have door edge and door cup guards. The door edge guards protect the doors from getting chipped up on the edges when your door bumps into another vehicle. The door cup guards are inside the door handles and they protect from finger nails and rings scratching the insides of the door handles. We also have Invisishield aka Clear Mask which comes on the front hood and mirrors and it protects from rock chips. We then also offer Window tinting and pin striping which comes on the sides of the vehicle. The whole package together is $1195. Let me know if you want me to add that in and we will start putting it on.
Old 03-17-16, 10:55 AM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up the car on Monday!!! $6000 off MSRP of 98,000

Feels like a NASA command center inside with all the electronics and gadgetry....

Will post pics in day or 2 (have my hands full with my '15 LS460 FSport that I purchased last week )

Last edited by AustinHusk; 03-17-16 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-17-16, 01:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Having a good month!
Old 03-17-16, 06:17 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Cabernet. Or Congac if it is offered. The color too.
Old 03-18-16, 03:07 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the Cabernet interior color is beautiful. I especially like the linear espresso wood trim it comes with. For me, the Cabernet color is a must. We spent much of late November and early December in discussion with our dealership on the purchase of a new 16 LX. At the time, they could not find one in the color combo we wanted (blue exterior, Cabernet interior), and apparently the ball got dropped because we never heard back since. However, during my last discussion with the dealership, they said that the Cabernet interior LX's were in especially high demand, and that they had their name on some sort of list to obtain the next LX in the combo I wished for.

I generally have no brand that I am loyal to. I love cars in general, and purchase which ever ones I am drawn to, regardless of make. We have owned a Lexus GS for over ten years now and would like to pick up a new LX. Currently we have owned multiple Land Rovers (among many other brands too). I personally think that both, traditional Land Rover and Land Cruiser/LX customers are pretty much the same, conservative type (with the exception being in recent years for both brands). Cadillac and Infinity to me are the "showy" brands, not Land Rover and Lexus. In fact, I specifically have enjoyed our Range Rover, LR4 and Range Rover Sport due to their subdued, conservative appearance.

In the end, both parchment and cabernet interiors look great on the LX, but the unique factor of the Cabernet color pushes my vote in its favor. Well wishes, in finding the perfect combo for you, either way I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 03-18-16 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-18-16, 03:34 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
Just picked up the car on Monday!!! $6000 off MSRP of 98,000

Feels like a NASA command center inside with all the electronics and gadgetry....

Will post pics in day or 2 (have my hands full with my '15 LS460 FSport that I purchased last week )
Funny

That happens a lot

My parents bought new LS and LX same day about 4 years ago

My brother in law bought new LS and LX same day last year

Quite common purchase to do together and demographic matches up

Congrats
Old 03-20-16, 05:43 PM
aashour6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
I think the Cabernet interior color is beautiful. I especially like the linear espresso wood trim it comes with. For me, the Cabernet color is a must. We spent much of late November and early December in discussion with our dealership on the purchase of a new 16 LX. At the time, they could not find one in the color combo we wanted (blue exterior, Cabernet interior), and apparently the ball got dropped because we never heard back since. However, during my last discussion with the dealership, they said that the Cabernet interior LX's were in especially high demand, and that they had their name on some sort of list to obtain the next LX in the combo I wished for.

I generally have no brand that I am loyal to. I love cars in general, and purchase which ever ones I am drawn to, regardless of make. We have owned a Lexus GS for over ten years now and would like to pick up a new LX. Currently we have owned multiple Land Rovers (among many other brands too). I personally think that both, traditional Land Rover and Land Cruiser/LX customers are pretty much the same, conservative type (with the exception being in recent years for both brands). Cadillac and Infinity to me are the "showy" brands, not Land Rover and Lexus. In fact, I specifically have enjoyed our Range Rover, LR4 and Range Rover Sport due to their subdued, conservative appearance.

In the end, both parchment and cabernet interiors look great on the LX, but the unique factor of the Cabernet color pushes my vote in its favor. Well wishes, in finding the perfect combo for you, either way I'm sure it will be beautiful.
We faced the exact same thing before we bought ours. We wanted blue on red but it would have taken 4 months to get it and we didnt want to wait that long. Ended up with black on red and couldnt be happier. Black is better for resale and now that we have it we are glad we got it as it looks better on a car this size. The nebula grey is gorgeous as well.
Old 03-21-16, 04:11 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=aashour6;9414395]We faced the exact same thing before we bought ours. We wanted blue on red but it would have taken 4 months to get it and we didnt want to wait that long. Ended up with black on red and couldnt be happier. Black is better for resale and now that we have it we are glad we got it as it looks better on a car this size. The nebula grey is gorgeous as well.[/QUOTE]

Nebula is a great color, unfortunately it is way too close to an equivalent and fairly common Toyota color and thus doesn't sell well with Lexus. Stick with black and white if you ever plan to sell/trade your LX. If you don't care about any of this, get the colour you want (even if it is red) and be happy.
Old 03-21-16, 04:28 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by yakim

Nebula is a great color, unfortunately it is way too close to an equivalent and fairly common Toyota color and thus doesn't sell well with Lexus. Stick with black and white if you ever plan to sell/trade your LX. If you don't care about any of this, get the colour you want (even if it is red) and be happy.
Having owned land cruisers since 1983 and different LX since 1997, I disagree respectfully

The "rare colors" that don't sell initially seem to command a premium much later in the used market

That has been my experience

All 9 land cruiser /LX I owned have been non white non black

My red fj60 and my black cherry (purple) lc100 brought almost 20% more at resale than equivalent cars
Old 03-21-16, 04:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would not agree at all that nebula grey doesn't sell well. I see a ton of Lexus vehicles on the road in nebula grey.

Its a nice medium grey which is very desirable with resale. As is silver and white and black as you mention. Black is pretty close to an equivalent Toyota color....black!

Black looks great but its way too much work to keep it looking nice IMHO.
Old 03-21-16, 05:16 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Having owned land cruisers since 1983 and different LX since 1997, I disagree respectfully

The "rare colors" that don't sell initially seem to command a premium much later in the used market

That has been my experience

All 9 land cruiser /LX I owned have been non white non black

My red fj60 and my black cherry (purple) lc100 brought almost 20% more at resale than equivalent cars
Ah,

when I was trying to trade my 2014 LX 570 in nebula my former sales advisor told me LX in nebula doesn't sell because doctors and lawyers who buy them prefer black and white, and consequently, tried to low ball me on the trade-in value. I found a different dealership that gave me a very good KBB value, and sadly, my trade-in still sits unsold @ a month later

Quick Reply: 2016 LX seat colors: Cabernet vs Parchment