LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Entire nav system malfunctioning- help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 02:52 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Good to hear that your Toyota dealer will do "Lexus warranty work".

My recent past year experience with my new Lexus RCF, the nearby Toyota dealer CAN NOT and REFUSED to do any "Lexus warranty work" on my RCF. But told me, if I just want to pay out of pocket, then they will. Since it is warranty work, I just took my RCF to the Lexus dealer.

I think there might be another distinction. That is if the Lexus vehicle is under "original Lexus factory warranty", then the Toyota dealer will not work on it.

But if the Lexus vehicle is under "EXTENDED WARRANTY/CPO/THIRD PARTY EXTENDED WARRANTY", then the Toyota CAN work on the Lexus vehicle (maybe approval from the warranty company maybe needed?)

I know for my previous MB's, after the initial "MB factory warranty" my "third party extended warranty" will allow any "licensed garage/shop" to work on it (with prior approval from the warranty company). For me at the time, the "deductible" or "out of pocket cost for me" was the same, I just took it to my "favorite" MB STEALERSHIP!!!

Please keep us updated on the "cost" of the fix (if not under warranty). This will educate people on this forum to gauge the "cost of extended warranty" versus just roll the dice and see what happens AFTER THE INITIAL FACTORY WARRANTY IS OVER.

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
My Toyota dealer is authorized to do warranty work on Lexus. It may depend on each individual dealer. I will say it depends on what happens to the LX if Toyota can fix it- for instance, my hydraulic suspension went bad and my Toyota guy told me he couldn't fix it and it would need to go to Lexus. My LX is covered for another 3 years on CPO and I'm not a big fan of my Lexus dealership, so I prefer to have everything done at Toyota for both my LX and my LS.

Also, I was able to get a video of the system spitting out all of my CD's and randomly changing sources after it shot out the 6 discs. I'll be taking it to my Toyota guy shortly to see if he can troubleshoot. Will update with results as soon as I can.

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-06-17 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-07-17, 05:57 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I have this cold morning. "Unable to read data". "Contact your dealer" on the nav screen. Yikes. Any advice?
Old 01-07-17, 10:53 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Under warranty?

Originally Posted by mikeivan
What I have this cold morning. "Unable to read data". "Contact your dealer" on the nav screen. Yikes. Any advice?
Old 01-08-17, 06:13 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Under warranty?
Nope, expired long ago.
Old 01-11-17, 07:39 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Well, I got no suggestion from you all, but today, when the weather warmed up, my navigation map re-appeared. Now it doesn't get that cold in Houston, but it was about 20 when "unable to read data" appeared. Hopefully it does not reoccur. I would like to drive this oldie until the new model arrives (2018?) or whenever.