LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Progressive/Sequential Turn Signal

Old 01-11-16, 10:06 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Progressive/Sequential Turn Signal

All the new models around the world have the progressive turn signal except the US, I saw some news said it is because the stupid regulation.

Can the system be adjusted so it can become progressive again? It's all LED bulbs, should be just need to be reprogram?
Old 01-12-16, 06:58 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Per the wiring manual, power is applied simultaneously to all led's in the turn signal...therefore not possible to become progressive "again"...though I'm not sure it was progressive to begin with. It doesn't look to be a feature that's programmable by either the dealer or the driver. You can call Lexus, speak to a tech, and get the answer from the horse's mouth.

hth

Steve
Old 01-12-16, 08:05 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Try buying a Toyota TIS Techstream software off of eBay, along with the OBD connection tool. There are several YouTubes on how to code Toyota. If it can be done, it will be with that software.

FYI, I know BMW does not void warranty for tampering with settings they offer in different markets (double blink hazards, door handle lights on reverse, removing warning chimes, etc.), but will cancel warranty if you mess with anything related to the drivetrain, chassis, and emissions. Judging from the overbearing risk-management approach on how the rest of the car works, I am guessing ability to do real coding is either not there or highly discouraged, at best.

Here is one demo:
Old 01-12-16, 09:24 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i actually took a closer look at the rear lights. I am not sure i see leds in the rest of the housing in the back. In any case, I decided the LX was nothing more special over a GX, so i am not getting it.
Old 01-13-16, 05:26 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBianco
Try buying a Toyota TIS Techstream software off of eBay, along with the OBD connection tool. There are several YouTubes on how to code Toyota. If it can be done, it will be with that software.

FYI, I know BMW does not void warranty for tampering with settings they offer in different markets (double blink hazards, door handle lights on reverse, removing warning chimes, etc.), but will cancel warranty if you mess with anything related to the drivetrain, chassis, and emissions. Judging from the overbearing risk-management approach on how the rest of the car works, I am guessing ability to do real coding is either not there or highly discouraged, at best.

Here is one demo:
Toyota TIS Cable+ Techstream 7.0 - YouTube
No reprogramming will make the turn signals sequential if the wiring is not there.
Old 01-13-16, 08:30 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
No reprogramming will make the turn signals sequential if the wiring is not there.
The LED controller can sit after the + / - DC supply. That is the most practical and cheapest way to wire the lights. If that is the case, somewhere imbedded in the fixture after the harness connection is an LED controller that receives power and directs the LED. You'd need to program that controller somehow. If that controller is connected to a central controller via the harness, Techstream may work. If it is independent, the chances are very low, unless it has a toggle switch.
Old 01-13-16, 09:17 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Looks like it won't be an easy job

Why there are so many stupid regulations!!!!
Old 02-01-16, 09:41 AM
NLu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is "progressive" turn signal? Is this like the Ford Mustang where the different bulbs of the turn signals light up in a row?
Old 02-01-16, 11:03 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by NLu
What is "progressive" turn signal? Is this like the Ford Mustang where the different bulbs of the turn signals light up in a row?
You've got it. They remind me of a semi-truck.

Steve
Old 02-01-16, 12:48 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
Looks like it won't be an easy job

Why there are so many stupid regulations!!!!
did you seen leds in the rest of the non lit part of the turn signal? I couldnt.
Old 02-01-16, 11:03 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
did you seen leds in the rest of the non lit part of the turn signal? I couldnt.
I think its the same parts