LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 Esoteric Option Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-15, 10:11 PM
DarkStar12
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Esoteric Option Questions

Hi There, I'm about to pull the trigger on a '16.

A few questions, for the enlightened ones:

1. Remote start: On my '09 remote start works with the key fob. On the '16 I was told it works with a phone app...however does it also work with the key fob like previous models (3 clicks on lock)?

2. Is glass breakage sensor now standard, or still an option?

3. Do the roof rack crossbars come with the car, or do they need to be purchased separately?

TIA!!
Old 12-20-15, 02:44 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkStar12
Hi There, I'm about to pull the trigger on a '16.

A few questions, for the enlightened ones:

1. Remote start: On my '09 remote start works with the key fob. On the '16 I was told it works with a phone app...however does it also work with the key fob like previous models (3 clicks on lock)?

2. Is glass breakage sensor now standard, or still an option?

3. Do the roof rack crossbars come with the car, or do they need to be purchased separately?

TIA!!
Remote start use app now that's for sure; didn't try the fob because the car come with a wallet key so I don't carry the fob anymore; but I don't think it can use the fob to start anymore (maybe wrong, please correct me); the phone app you need to be aware do have quite a big lag around a minute for each input to respond, so if you click the button when you see your car, its too late haha

Glass breakage is option, I did asked my dealer and parts, it can be add on in the future, no longer a "port install" option (at least my dealer told me they are 100%) None of the current batch has that install, at least when I order mine, you may want to check with your dealer for that

Roof rack is standard on the car; crossbars did not, at least not on mine order (my order don't even have cargo mat and cargo net, they are the "accessory package"); the crossbars should be able to order now, I can't remember the exact price anymore, is around $3xx

You can try push your dealer see if they can put them those on for you in the price

The cargo carpet floor mat is on back order now for a month, so if you need you want to get the order first (and it won't cover the 3rd row leg area , I'm looking at aftermarket option now)

Last edited by ybing; 12-20-15 at 04:25 AM.