LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Should i Buy This 2016 LX 570?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-15, 04:41 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i Buy This 2016 LX 570?

I saw one just like the one in the video at my local dealership, should i buy it? MSRP is right at $100k. im also looking at the Mercedes GL550, Please tell me what i should do, i love to hear all feedbacks. Thanks

Old 12-17-15, 04:57 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It is up to you

I am not going to tell you what to do. However, I drove one today and I was impressed. Very quiet, smooth ride, powerful and a luxurious interior. I would never buy a Merc, I like Lexus reliability and friendly service, but that's just me. The new LX is head and shoulders above my old 570.

Should i Buy This 2016 LX 570?-lx-atomic-silver-w-parchment-crop.jpg
Old 12-17-15, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

how you like the car vs the mb is all up to you

but i will just say that if resale value down the road makes any difference to you at all, the lx will get you a lot more money. mb cars depreciate very fast and the gl just falls super quickly by comparison
Old 12-17-15, 11:17 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't drove the new GL yet, by saying 550 do you mean the new GLE? MB changed all their SUV name now, and I don't think they still have the 550 model.

I had driven an older GL few years ago, seats are hard, ride is strange, drive like a boat, and very difficult operating system... that's my feelings And I didn't get it for test drive, I rented one for few days and long trip.

I would not consider MB unless its S class or AMG

A fully loaded LX should be around $98K, won't hit the $100K mark yet, you may want to double check see what accessories they put on.

My full hood clear bar cost $2K+ & I tinted all my windows that's another few hundreds.

All the current new LX will be loaded almost the same, usually the difference will be without the rear DVD screen, center cooler box seems almost standard load unless special order

Dealer usually will also charge the accessory pack for cargo mat & cargo net

You can ask for the Invoice price, if the dealer want to give you then you will know how much they price up your car for you
Old 12-18-15, 07:04 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It appears all LX 570's currently in stock locally come in strange configurations: either without ML sound or with dual DVD (which I don't need, and will not pay for)
Old 12-18-15, 09:12 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yakim
It appears all LX 570's currently in stock locally come in strange configurations: either without ML sound or with dual DVD (which I don't need, and will not pay for)
Just ask dealer to get the spec you want, shouldn't wait too long unless you opt out the cooler box

I haven't saw one that without ML in my area yet, I don't think people will skip a $2K option on a $90K car LOL
Old 12-18-15, 10:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
Haven't drove the new GL yet, by saying 550 do you mean the new GLE? MB changed all their SUV name now, and I don't think they still have the 550 model.

I had driven an older GL few years ago, seats are hard, ride is strange, drive like a boat, and very difficult operating system... that's my feelings And I didn't get it for test drive, I rented one for few days and long trip.

I would not consider MB unless its S class or AMG

A fully loaded LX should be around $98K, won't hit the $100K mark yet, you may want to double check see what accessories they put on.

My full hood clear bar cost $2K+ & I tinted all my windows that's another few hundreds.

All the current new LX will be loaded almost the same, usually the difference will be without the rear DVD screen, center cooler box seems almost standard load unless special order

Dealer usually will also charge the accessory pack for cargo mat & cargo net

You can ask for the Invoice price, if the dealer want to give you then you will know how much they price up your car for you
gle doesn't have 550 yet. i would think he's talking about the current gl, which will be named gls when the refresh arrives. and size wise that makes more sense too, gle is smaller
Old 12-18-15, 07:48 PM
Tommytms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MB GLE is an M class ,
Old 12-19-15, 01:12 AM
ybing
Intermediate

see, I'm no MB expert but I don't like their car except S class or AMG
Old 12-19-15, 04:44 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're not planning on owning it out of warranty, then test drive all of them and buy the one you like the most. I find MB and BMW do a better job with isolation, but Lexus is more reliable.
Old 12-19-15, 08:00 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I own an R500 AMG package, a CLK AMG, a BMW X5 (F15), and an LX. What others are saying about reliability is correct. The LX is the least enjoyable to drive and has the weirdoes and most cumbersome tech interface, but it is the most reliable We use the LX for kids' field trips, ski trips, camping, family visits. It as a horrible range. I get 0-60 in 6.5 seconds in a BMW X5 diesel, and a 700+ mile range. However, I expect error codes (none yet, but I know other owners get them). The LX (this is my second one), is a lot hardier. It all depends on your priorities. GL and LX are both good and different cars.
Old 12-19-15, 10:19 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I dont see much of a difference in ride quality in the LX compared to the GX that commands a 30 grand difference in msrp. Honestly my gx rides very firm and handles well.

If you like the high tech features, just realize they arent really that high tech as most cars nowadays
have most of the advanced features. Only thing probably unique to LX is the ability to raise and lower itself and the led headlamps.

If you plan on doing offroading, it definitely has strengths there.

I just dont see enough of a reason to go from a GX to LX at this point. It is and isnt about the money if you know what I mean. Basically still undecided at this point. Waiting for prices to be more negotiable. They arent now, maybe 1-2 grand off msrp.

Anyone who owns a bmw suv needs their head examined imho, basically pointless. MB G class is nice, but very expensive and needs some updating in style. Only other suv to consider if you want performance is porsche or range rover, and porsche wins there.

Last edited by T4Fun; 12-19-15 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-19-15, 11:15 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
I dont see much of a difference in ride quality in the LX compared to the GX that commands a 30 grand difference in msrp. Honestly my gx rides very firm and handles well.

If you like the high tech features, just realize they arent really that high tech as most cars nowadays
have most of the advanced features. Only thing probably unique to LX is the ability to raise and lower itself and the led headlamps.

I just dont see enough of a reason to go from a GX to LX at this point. It is and isnt about the money if you know what I mean. Basically still undecided at this point. Waiting for prices to be more negotiable. They arent now, maybe 1-2 grand off msrp.

Anyone who owns a bmw suv needs their head examined imho, basically pointless. MB G class is nice, but very expensive and needs some updating in style. Only other suv to consider if you want performance is porsche or range rover, and porsche wins there.
What's wrong with the X5? The diesel gets decent gas mileage for an SUV and the xDrive50i is a 12-second SUV that's almost as fast as the current Mustang GT and does a 0-60 in a similar time as the Porsche Cayenne Turbo(at a far lower price than the Turbo's $114,000 MSRP). Fairly impressive for a 5,100 lb SUV. While it does normally seat 5 with a fairly spacious cargo area, you can always get the 3rd row seating for children if it's needed.
Old 12-20-15, 02:10 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NickTee
What's wrong with the X5? The diesel gets decent gas mileage for an SUV and the xDrive50i is a 12-second SUV that's almost as fast as the current Mustang GT and does a 0-60 in a similar time as the Porsche Cayenne Turbo(at a far lower price than the Turbo's $114,000 MSRP). Fairly impressive for a 5,100 lb SUV. While it does normally seat 5 with a fairly spacious cargo area, you can always get the 3rd row seating for children if it's needed.
What's wrong with the X5??? Everything is wrong with the X5...

It can't go off road, and it is not as good as 5 series on road, so completely missing the point for an SUV... and the design was just so old and ugly... my dad's 2000 BMW looks exactly the same as today's car...

And good luck owning a German car after warranty expired, especially BMW
Old 12-20-15, 02:12 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T4Fun

I do think my 10' GX ride better than my LX now LOL... which is not good haha, but maybe I still hasn't get use to it or maybe I'm too old to remember correctly how the GX ride anymore

But one thing the LX did much better for sure is going over speed bump, especially at angle, the rear feel much better

If the GX has an update with all the new interior this year I may just get the GX instead

Last edited by ybing; 12-20-15 at 04:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Should i Buy This 2016 LX 570?