LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Picked Up My 16' Today

Old 12-16-15, 01:05 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Picked Up My 16' Today

When back from a trip and first thing in the morning is to pick up the car, the full clear bra looks very nice and don't even notice

Limo tinted all windows

Actually picked up at 27 miles

put 100+ miles on first day, drove it for 12 hrs + in town LOL

For those who don't need a cooler box feature I will suggest you option it out, it will be 2/3 size smaller than standard; but make sure you tell the dealer, may need a special order one, seems all the first batch of car is loaded the same, the only missing will be rear DVD screen

Steeling is heavy in low speed, really heavy, didn't expect that, but respond well and the turning circle is surprisingly well, I made a u turn inside a community without needing reverse and run on to curb (although back up once should be quicker haha )

Wish the ride is better... I think is the 21s... thicker wall will be better

No gear box problem as other mention, all the gears are smooth and responsive at all speed and I left it on normal. You should expecting a big SUV not to behave like a sport sedan overtaking even at 60 is not a problem, it just pick up the speed with easy and don't need to floor it

Wish the head rest is a bit softer, the one on IS were great

Came with a wallet key, but wish there is a lock button on the power lift gate, without the regular key fob it won't lock the doors (it seems there is two button next to the camera, one looks like is to lock the car, but you have to wait for the gate to close or walk to the rear door to lock it ) if someone knows a quicker way please let me know, no help from the dealer because they said they don't have that many vehicle to study yet )

3rd row center head rest was hide behind the left side seat in the zip (thought it was missing at first LOL )

Now the biggest problem is the center cool box for me seems less easy access space than my IS... hope in the future there is some aftermarket accessory tray...

Also, anyone know where can purchase a cargo mat? My dealer said its on back order and need a month...

Last edited by ybing; 12-16-15 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-16-15, 09:46 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations. Looks beautiful.. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-16-15, 06:41 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks beautiful. Congratulations. Regarding cargo mat, I ordered Lexus mats and then cancelled-- I decided that I preferred the Weathertech mats because they have a "lip" and are larger, especially for the seats. The 2015 version of the Weathertech mats do fit the 2016 LX, but as with prior models you do have to cut out the "drop spots" in the cargo mat for the 3rd row seats if you want to deploy the seats over the mat. For liability reasons they don't advertise them as available for use with the 3rd row seats down, but I've had no problem and the cut outs were easy. The Weathertech mats are less rubbery and harder than the Lexus mats from what I can tell.
Old 12-16-15, 08:43 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

nice. Same color combo i want. Hows the ride? So you think with 21 inch wheels its too firm?
The throttle response is definitely lacking here imho. You really have to push the pedal down to get it moving from my test drives.
What % tint did you use on front windows?
Old 12-17-15, 04:10 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
nice. Same color combo i want. Hows the ride? So you think with 21 inch wheels its too firm?
The throttle response is definitely lacking here imho. You really have to push the pedal down to get it moving from my test drives.
What % tint did you use on front windows?
The tint should be 20%, I think most of the dealer use that? At least mine is.

I think 20 will be better or thicker tires, the 21 is on 275/50; on smooth road of cause no problem, but you can feel a lot of the bumps when it get rough. More than I hope for, was expecting a much smoother ride but it is not end of the world firm, maybe playing with the tire pressure will help.

I drove differently on a big SUV than to my IS, so far not feeling any lacking on the throttle, although I won't mind with more power haha
Old 12-17-15, 04:14 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dudley33
It looks beautiful. Congratulations. Regarding cargo mat, I ordered Lexus mats and then cancelled-- I decided that I preferred the Weathertech mats because they have a "lip" and are larger, especially for the seats. The 2015 version of the Weathertech mats do fit the 2016 LX, but as with prior models you do have to cut out the "drop spots" in the cargo mat for the 3rd row seats if you want to deploy the seats over the mat. For liability reasons they don't advertise them as available for use with the 3rd row seats down, but I've had no problem and the cut outs were easy. The Weathertech mats are less rubbery and harder than the Lexus mats from what I can tell.
My OCD won't allow me to have stuff not match in the car haha, I used Weathertech lining on my GX, a bit disappointed on them, feel less luxury

There was a new post by Autopreme, picture looks nice, but they still hasn't respond to me on my question... so maybe it isn't that good guess I have to order the Lexus one first and keep searching
Old 12-17-15, 10:53 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
My OCD won't allow me to have stuff not match in the car haha, I used Weathertech lining on my GX, a bit disappointed on them, feel less luxury

There was a new post by Autopreme, picture looks nice, but they still hasn't respond to me on my question... so maybe it isn't that good guess I have to order the Lexus one first and keep searching
Lexus Europe has a few insanely expensive accessory mats...I'd check ih8mud.com in the 200 series forum...there's a 4-page thread about accessories now.

hth

Steve
Old 12-17-15, 12:36 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hankinid
Lexus Europe has a few insanely expensive accessory mats...I'd check ih8mud.com in the 200 series forum...there's a 4-page thread about accessories now.

hth

Steve
Do you have the links? It has so many post in the forum lol, lot more action than here
Old 12-17-15, 03:59 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
Do you have the links? It has so many post in the forum lol, lot more action than here
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2016...sories.897061/

that should get you to the three...iirc, the floor mat posts are toward the end.

You could also try a search for floor mats on that forum and see what you get. There are plenty of factory add-ons available for the 200 series that we don't even see in the U.S., particularly in trucks delivered to the Middle East and Europe. The trick then becomes finding contacts out of the country who can supply part numbers and sellers.

I think if you're worried about a "lack of luxury", you could always use Weather Tech (they're both on my LX and Land Cruiser) and have pads made for them using these guys in the UK... http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/car-carpet-1-c.asp Since they supply carpet to RR and Bentley, I'd expect you might get more luxury than you need in an LX.

hth

Steve